• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody McLeod?

Unless you can think of another reason he?s in the NHL, let alone getting paid to play the game.

He is leading the league in fighting majors.

You're just going around in circles.

Fighting is pretty much eliminated from the game. This is a nonsensical argument.

I was on this team, technically. I was 3rd goalie, not dressed in this video. This was the All Ontario Semi's. Very big deal. Not best brawl I saw, but best one on film. Enjoy.

I particularly enjoyed the ref taking out the goalie with a diving play at around 1:28, what a fucking champion :cool:

I particularly enjoyed the ref taking out the goalie with a diving play at around 1:28, what a fucking champion :cool:

That was a tackle for a loss of yardage. Love the other goalies expression. Why do we never see Dunny in these vids. I want one vid, just one of Dunny. A fight, a save, even in warmups!

How do you prove instances that didn?t happen if you are arguing they do deter dirty play. Of course there will be times when the dirty hit happened regardless of the enforcer. But to say they don?t deter at all is an opinion, regardless how smug you state it.
Ok. And to say they DO deter dirty play is also opinions.

I, however, have tangible evidence of events within the last 5 years. Not shit that happened in 1983.

Ok. And to say they DO deter dirty play is also opinions.

I, however, have tangible evidence of events within the last 5 years. Not shit that happened in 1983.

That’s the point, it’s all opinion. At one point in this league the enforcer was considered vital by the people who run these teams. Gretzky always has someone riding shotgun for no reason other than to deter opponents. That is a fact. Was is necessary? That’s opinion.

The league has moved in another direction. You hear over and over about the lack of respect players of today show for one another by players from the past. That is an opinion as well. Many of those same people claim that the best way of keeping players from crossing the line is by the players policing themselves and not leaving it up to a seemingly confused safety department where the suspensions hardly ever match the crime. All opinion but both sides have points to be made. Some just make them respectfully and some don’t.

That?s the point, it?s all opinion. At one point in this league the enforcer was considered vital by the people who run these teams. Gretzky always has someone riding shotgun for no reason other than to deter opponents. That is a fact. Was is necessary? That?s opinion.

The league has moved in another direction. You hear over and over about the lack of respect players of today show for one another by players from the past. That is an opinion as well. Many of those same people claim that the best way of keeping players from crossing the line is by the players policing themselves and not leaving it up to a seemingly confused safety department where the suspensions hardly ever match the crime. All opinion but both sides have points to be made. Some just make them respectfully and some don?t.

Sure.

Just came to say it took 3 whole shifts with 2 good linemates for Chytil to score his first goal. The minute he saw the ice with Z's line he was dominating. In a couple of years this kid will be a top line C.

There were a couple of people who really know their stuff (and I trust their scouting completely) who saw some of the development camp. Their summary was .... there was everybody and then there was Chytil. He stood out to such a degree that I was told there was no doubt the Chytil had already made the team at dev camp, even though mgmt said the kids would have to earn a spot in preseason. His skills and offensive instincts blew the coaches away. My only surprise is how fast his D is improving.

Just came to say it took 3 whole shifts with 2 good linemates for Chytil to score his first goal. The minute he saw the ice with Z's line he was dominating. In a couple of years this kid will be a top line C.

There were a couple of people who really know their stuff (and I trust their scouting completely) who saw some of the development camp. Their summary was .... there was everybody and then there was Chytil. He stood out to such a degree that I was told there was no doubt the Chytil had already made the team at dev camp, even though mgmt said the kids would have to earn a spot in preseason. His skills and offensive instincts blew the coaches away. My only surprise is how fast his D is improving.

Right on G man!!!

The kid has all the offensive tools he's going to need and then some! I've been watching him in the Defensive zone and most often his backchecking and he's been getting very good at "read and recognition". He's not a Selke Candidate just yet, but yes...Lots of improvement!! Good catch Sir!! ;)

Archived