• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

;941874]I thought it was Vesey Hayes Spooner, but I see Spooner on the fourth line in that proposal...and Hayes on the first line, so IDK.
Vesey, Howden... Shattenkirk?

You know what would help? A link to the actual information!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's dramatic. It's not about talent level, he knew what he was getting into.

Ice time is, was, and and always will be a motivational tool.

so we disagree. I think it's definitely a sign when your projected top liner who some said just needed a new coach not named AV apparently is sitting already. Your better players shouldn't need such motivation.

so we disagree. I think it's definitely a sign when your projected top liner who some said just needed a new coach not named AV apparently is sitting already. Your better players shouldn't need such motivation.

Sign of what, exactly? Your previous post said that Quinn is just realizing the talent level...^ This post has nothing to do with talent level and alludes to motivation being the problem, but you're saying we disagree which leaves me wondering what your point is.

Because the underlying numbers suggest he could be a bit more under the right conditions. I tend to agree, but can be isn't often equal to is.

The issue here, though, is that he's being scratched for McLeod. It fucks with the optics. On paper, Buch sitting is fine. He hasn't played that well. But sitting him for an awful player who is objectively below replacement level, just sucks.

Not about McLeod it?s about hopefully getting the most out of buchnevich. Unlike in years past the rangers can afford to sit a player and not worry about the two points. It?s about developing a player into a professional notabout two points. Buch has talent, it would be a waste if lack of effort undermines his career.

Vesey is a play killer. I don't see he 3rd line develop any chemistry as long as Vesey is on it

I thought Vesey and Howden showed some chemistry and the 3 have an interesting mix of skills for a line that looks like it can gel. Plus they have less pressure on the 3rd line no special teams from the 3.

It seems your gripe with the line is Vesey. Where would you have him? On the 4th line? I'm betting you are going to say traded.

I thought Vesey and Howden showed some chemistry and the 3 have an interesting mix of skills for a line that looks like it can gel. Plus they have less pressure on the 3rd line no special teams from the 3.

It seems your gripe with the line is Vesey. Where would you have him? On the 4th line? I'm betting you are going to say traded.

just something I noticed about Vesey since last season.

i'd trade him if he has any value around the league but I doubt it.

I wasn’t commenting to you. It’s just seems the entire fan base has had it with him, yet thus far this year he’s actually performing up to his expectations if not better. Meanwhile there are a bunch of guys who the fan base give a pass on. Namely buchnevich, Zuccarello, Shattenkirk, skeij, spooner, and even chytil. All for different reasons do people give them a pass and some reasons are valid. Like chytil age for starters. Yet if we are honest all have underperformed up to the expectation of what they’d produce this far. Vessey has not but come the game threads, it’s him that draws the ire.

I wasn?t commenting to you. It?s just seems the entire fan base has had it with him, yet thus far this year he?s actually performing up to his expectations if not better. Meanwhile there are a bunch of guys who the fan base give a pass on. Namely buchnevich, Zuccarello, Shattenkirk, skeij, spooner, and even chytil. All for different reasons do people give them a pass and some reasons are valid. Like chytil age for starters. Yet if we are honest all have underperformed up to the expectation of what they?d produce this far. Vessey has not but come the game threads, it?s him that draws the ire.

G and Nash is gone, so people need a new scapegoat. It cant be a new player or rookie - so for most people its Vesey or Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

G and Nash is gone, so people need a new scapegoat. It cant be a new player or rookie - so for most people its Vesey or Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

not true. I started ragging on Vesey last year when Nash was still on the team. oh and I never ragged on Nash or Girardi. I usually never rag on anyone but Vesey pisses me off. Zucc might be next.

just watch Vesey closely. 75% of the time, if not more, a play dies on his stick.

I don't really see a problem with Lettieri out. I don't think he does any one particular thing strong enough still. I had high hopes with him after last year's training camp but I'm thinking that's just b/c the level of play is a little lower during camp. I think he's a tweener. Real good for AHL, not good enough for the NHL.

Archived