• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#3) Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes // What's an Aho

High and Wide

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deangelo was probably the best ranger. Then people get on him for being aggressive when down by 2, then call him out for showing emotion.

Smfh

He took 2 dumb and untimely penalties. I don't think he played poorly. Just think he doesn't think when he over does it with the dropping of the gloves and punching guys on the ice... It's just not smart and not really needed at the times he does it.

He took 2 dumb and untimely penalties. I don't think he played poorly. Just think he doesn't think when he over does it with the dropping of the gloves and punching guys on the ice... It's just not smart and not really needed at the times he does it.

This is just not true. One penalty was a coincidental minor. The other was an interference which looked like a bad call (announcer noted ADA going for the puck) with the game already in the bag.

He played a terrific game, changing partners every shift, numerous tape to tape passes, two resulting in primary assists. Don't believe me, listen to the coach who had nothing but very good things to say about him while he criticized the D.

I've only seen the condensed game, but it seemed as if Quinn was going full on Torts with the lines there in the end?

I quite like it tbh. Seems like he's holding people to task and isn't afraid to sit guys who aren't performing on a game by game basis. Good stuff.

Did we go with 7 d's and basically told Shatty to play PP and otherwise take a seat by Lundqvist?

Good for Quinn. Sitting Shattenkirk was the obvious thing to do but seems obvious things like that are hard to come by the past years. I agree with josh about losing not being great for the future. However it’s not like they are t trying or underachieving. Most importantly they are being held accountable and players are rewarded and disciplined for their play. That is the right foundation to rebuild on and I believe this team is going in the right direction. Quinn has the hardest part down. Discipline.

Does it make anyone a little worried that this whole rebuilding thing wasn't very well thought out?

I'm no sure how signing Shatty has any relevance to the rebuild at all?

To me it seems like it's been pretty well thought out. As in, it's an all-in actual rebuid and not some fucking halfway house like in the past. Whether our not the drafting and acquisitions are any good won't be clear until we get a couple of years down the line.

As for now, the kids are on the ice scoring points and the Rangers are losing. Happy days.

Archived