• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#2) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Rebuilding That Corsi

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Embarrassing lack of finishing quality, again.

Looked like a lot of AV games; not enough shooting, not going to the net, overpassing, no finish, lack of offensive urgency. Hayes deserves to watch a game or 2. May be Vesey can join him. The benching is nonetheless a good sign; no frickin' lollygagging and nonhacking to be tolerated.

I don’t get the Vesey complaints. Yes he’s had a lot of chances. He’s not fucking marcel Dione. He will get his goals but he’s no sniper. Bottom line is there is life there. He’s creating chances, more than anyone else. This team has no finishers on this team. Scoring is going to be a problem all year. Two things scoring and an awful group of defenseman. That’s this team. That’s why we all knew this was going to be a long season. They played hard. They aren’t being out classed. My issue is they may not be bad enough. Last thing we need is to be picking 9 again.

I don’t get the Vesey complaints. Yes he’s had a lot of chances. He’s not fucking marcel Dione. He will get his goals but he’s no sniper. Bottom line is there is life there. He’s creating chances, more than anyone else. This team has no finishers on this team. Scoring is going to be a problem all year. Two things scoring and an awful group of defenseman. That’s this team. That’s why we all knew this was going to be a long season. They played hard. They aren’t being out classed. My issue is they may not be bad enough. Last thing we need is to be picking 9 again.

I'm not worried there at all. They're going to be so much worse after the deadline when they sell off whatever is still valuable. Just like last year.

Vesey would have 5 goals this year if he could lift the puck

This and the overall problem of finishing is the most accurate criticism of the guy. He is showing the effort, skill and determination he did as a rookie and at Harvard. Last year his inability to score, the coach, etc, led to frustration that IMO showed in discouraged play and attitude. We also got reports that he let himself get fat last year. Yesterday Joe told us Vesey was down 10 pounds, but lied to us saying "not that he needed to". He is wrong, he obviously needed to since he looks much quicker to the puck and with it. Now, I really hope he can pot a goal or two soon, to see if he can build confidence.

He and Howden may be the only two forwards who put together two good games. At least Buch looked better yesterday.

There's many complaints on Vesey not finishing, yet he was only credited with 2 shots on net. Zibenijad had 8 shots on net, and Spooner 5. Many of the team seemed to just try and get the puck on net instead of attempting to pick their shots. Many shots were again shot right into the goalies chest, which seems to happen more often for the Rangers then their opponents. I've seen a couple of comments about Hank bailing out the defense. If that's true what could you say about Rinne and Hutton? Hank didn't bail out the team, he did his job. Thankfully he looks better then last season. The Rangers kept the shots against pretty low ( under 30 ). So in this short sampling Quinns system looks promising. Two games and two bad calls that led to goals. Their due for a call in their favor. They played a good hockey game and they just need some puck luck and the other goalie to have a bad night instead of a magical one. I like what I've seen for the most part. Looking forward to watching the Carolina game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not worried there at all. They're going to be so much worse after the deadline when they sell off whatever is still valuable. Just like last year.

Yeah, there’s no need to worry about this team being too good. They’re one of the worst teams in the league even before the inevitable fire sale in Feb. I mean when your first line is incapable of driving possession and offense against the fucking Sabres you’re not going to go on a tear anytime soon.

It’s very early, so no need to be knee-jerky, but I’ll say this. Whilst I completely buy the idea that bringing in too many kids at once and sending them out to get pumped every night probably isn’t the best for development, I’m really not sure what these so called veterans are offering and I really don’t think the team would be any worse with the likes of AdA, Hajek and Andersson playing. Hayes for example looks like someone just waiting to be traded. Pond hockey levels of effort ffs.

Archived