• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin [Only] Has Eyes for New York?

Phil

Maybe...I dunno....maybe my brain is still locked in the days when the Elite got 2 points or more per game and you weren't in the conversation unless you had 100-120 points or so.

I just don't see this guy being a game-changer in NY like McDavid in Edmonton or Crosby in Pitt. So I'm wondering if he is worth that type of contract.

Without the salary cap, I could care less.

I would say being the 6th highest scorer in the league over the course of 3 seasons + puts you firmly in the elite bracket of players.

Particularly considering he's been playing for good but not great teams.

He's got 15 points in 17 career playoff games so giving him shit for his playoff record seems to be wide of the mark.

I say pay the man.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe...I dunno....maybe my brain is still locked in the days when the Elite got 2 points or more per game and you weren't in the conversation unless you had 100-120 points or so.

I just don't see this guy being a game-changer in NY like McDavid in Edmonton or Crosby in Pitt. So I'm wondering if he is worth that type of contract.

Without the salary cap, I could care less.

There has only been 15 100+ point seasons (113 is the highest) in the last 10 years...

Screw the rebuild, can we get the 2012-13 SKA team?

Patrick Thoresen (LW/RW) *

Tony M?rtensson © *

Ilya Kovalchuk (LW) *

Kevin Dallman (D) *

Vladimir Tarasenko (RW) *

Dmitri Kalinin (D) *

Viktor Tikhonov (W/C) *

Igor Makarov (RW) *

Alexander Kucheryavenko © *

Petr Prucha (RW/LW) *

Gleb Klimenko (LW/RW) *

Yuri Alexandrov (D) *

Anton Burdasov (RW) *

Fyodor Fyodorov (LW/C) *

Maxim Chudinov (D) *

Maxim Afinogenov (RW) *

Alexei Semyonov (D) *

Ivan Nepryayev © *

Sergei Monakhov (LW) *

Dmitri Vorobyov (D) *

Maxim Rybin (LW) *

Mikhail Varnakov (RW) *

Yevgeni Artyukhin (RW/LW) *

Andrei Pervyshin (D) *

Alexander Osipov (D) *

Artemi Panarin (LW) *

Konstantin Glazachev (RW/LW) *

Teemu Ramstedt © *

Denis Grebeshkov (D) *

Anton Tikhomirov (F) *

Andrei Sigaryov (W/C) *

Grigori Serkin (D) *

Georgi Berdyukov (D) *

Sergei Bobrovski

OMG Friedman floated Tarasenko's name in his spew box

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-can-ken-hitchcocks-demands-lead-oilers-playoffs/

10. Second, Armstrong mentioned changes to the core if the Blues don’t get going. The assembled media pointed out that it’s not the first time he’s said that, and he did perform major surgery in the off-season.

At times, there’ve been indications of the organization’s frustration with Vladimir Tarasenko. No one’s ever said it on the record, and I’ve never heard his name in a specific trade rumour. The Blues have to know it’s a hard trade to win, because you’re giving up a great talent. There’s no bigger change they could make, if they wanted to.

If the Rangers continue to do better than expected this year, he will be that much more interested in coming here. What can you say, big players cost big bucks these days. Sometimes Panarin underwhelms me, but other times, like the first half of the series against the Caps last year, he overwhelms me. I vote yes, pay for him (but the ghosts of Theo Fleury and Bobby Holik still make me toss and turn at night).

If the Rangers continue to do better than expected this year, he will be that much more interested in coming here. What can you say, big players cost big bucks these days. Sometimes Panarin underwhelms me, but other times, like the first half of the series against the Caps last year, he overwhelms me. I vote yes, pay for him (but the ghosts of Theo Fleury and Bobby Holik still make me toss and turn at night).

Panarin is also on a squad that stresses two way play, doesn’t promote offensive creativity, and he’s not playing with the most offensive players. Good players, but not at the skill level of Chytil, Zibanejad and Kravtsov

Panarin is also on a squad that stresses two way play, doesn’t promote offensive creativity, and he’s not playing with the most offensive players. Good players, but not at the skill level of Chytil, Zibanejad and Kravtsov

Here's something to think about. When her went to Columbus, people wondered if Panarin's numbers would go down without Kane's help. Kane is a fantastic player. His 2 best years have been with Panarin on his line...

I meant to say he is going to be close to 29 years old when he signs a long big fat contract,i really don't think of him as a goal scorer,he more of a passer
He'll be 28 next season, so can we say he's gonna be close to 27 instead? And it doesn't matter if you think of him as a goal scorer or not. 30, 31, 27. He's a 30 goal scorer. How many 30 goal scorers are there in the league? Plus he gives you 45-55 assists.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He'll be 28 next season, so can we say he's gonna be close to 27 instead? And it doesn't matter if you think of him as a goal scorer or not. 30, 31, 27. He's a 30 goal scorer. How many 30 goal scorers are there in the league? Plus he gives you 45-55 assists.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

is he a free agent after this season or next,i was under the impression that he becomes free agent after next season,thats why I said he be closer to 29 years old.

I'm desperately trying to get my head around how a guy who averages 30 goals a season isn't a goal scorer.

It's proving a difficult task tbh.

his strength is getting assits,more like Zuc,not saying he cant score goals,so just take it easy.

hope he scores 40 goals every season ,I have him in my keeper league,but I dont want the rangers to over pay for him

Archived