• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Won the Trade?

siddious

We made multiple trades for a few years, sacrificing the future, and like i said rightfully so.

And in regards to Nash trade.

Dunsinsky 2 years younger

Anisimov 4 years younger

1st round pick

And one of our top prospects

You keep saying Nash was a better player...i have no idea what you are talking about. There were multiple pieces moving the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So we made multiple moves and that gets blamed on Nash?

Rick Nash is a MUCH better player than Dubinsky and Anisimov.

What don't you understand? One is a legit top line forward. The other two are not. If you don't trade a third line center and a young center that is unproven, along with a 1st for a top line forward in his prime already signed long term in a non capped league (at the time...)........

What top line winger has been dealt for less in recent years?

Rick Nash as of last year was a more valuable player than the other two. And that's years into the "future" you speak of. If that's the case, isn't that still a win? I mean, can we add in what Nash brought to the team in trade? Is it still not better?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we made multiple moves and that gets blamed on Nash?

Rick Nash is a MUCH better player than Dubinsky and Anisimov.

What don't you understand? One is a legit top line forward. The other two are not. If you don't trade a third line center and a young center that is unproven, along with a 1st for a top line forward in his prime already signed long term in a non capped league (at the time...)........

What top line winger has been dealt for less in recent years?

Rick Nash as of last year was a more valuable player than the other two. And that's years into the "future" you speak of. If that's the case, isn't that still a win? I mean, can we add in what Nash brought to the team in trade? Is it still not better?

What exactly am I blaming on Nash?

We were built to win then, and made the moves to do so. For various reasons we didn?t win, one being Nash?s poor playoff performances. Especially the year we went to the finals.

As you said, he was a proven first line player...yet he only scored 3 goals that playoffs ?

And the signed long term in a Mom capped league? I have no idea what that means. He had a massive contract and a salary cap was activated 6-7 years prior to us getting him?

What exactly am I blaming on Nash?

We were built to win then, and made the moves to do so. For various reasons we didn’t win, one being Nash’s poor playoff performances. Especially the year we went to the finals.

As you said, he was a proven first line player...yet he only scored 3 goals that playoffs ?

And the signed long term in a Mom capped league? I have no idea what that means. He had a massive contract and a salary cap was activated 6-7 years prior to us getting him?

To me it reads like you are saying the Rangers ruined their "future" by trading for Nash. Their future with Nash on the team, got them to a cup final and a conference final, of which I'm pretty sure you said earlier, the Rangers got to one WITHOUT Nash... In some way trying to proclaim the team didn't need Nash to begin with.

He scored 3 goals yes. He also opened up the ice and got more attention from opposing teams than any player. And again. For the third time... I too expected more from him... BECAUSE he was a proven 1st line talent. To say any different is delusional.

Mom capped league???? No wonder why you don't know what I'm saying. Because I didn't say mom. You're not reading....

Nash signed that contract 2-3 years prior to the last CBA. When there was no cap. The Rangers got him before the lockout. His contract wasn't a foreseen problem, because I don't think many (especially Sather) believed there would be a tight cap implemented. Add in that that was the going rate for a top line player... He wasn't seen as overpaid at all. So, with that in mind, his cap hit wasn't so bad at the time of the trade. If cap hit isn't an issue (and it wasn't even when the cap was inserted), you trade that package for Rick Nash. Every. Time.

If the best thing you can say about Nash is that he opened up space that's fucking terrible.

Columbus overpaid to keep Nash because...Columbus. This was even discussed when he signed.

The NHL got a cap in 05-06. Nash signed in 10-11.

To me it reads like you are saying the Rangers ruined their "future" by trading for Nash. Their future with Nash on the team, got them to a cup final and a conference final, of which I'm pretty sure you said earlier, the Rangers got to one WITHOUT Nash... In some way trying to proclaim the team didn't need Nash to begin with.

He scored 3 goals yes. He also opened up the ice and got more attention from opposing teams than any player. And again. For the third time... I too expected more from him... BECAUSE he was a proven 1st line talent. To say any different is delusional.

Mom capped league???? No wonder why you don't know what I'm saying. Because I didn't say mom. You're not reading....

Nash signed that contract 2-3 years prior to the last CBA. When there was no cap. The Rangers got him before the lockout. His contract wasn't a foreseen problem, because I don't think many (especially Sather) believed there would be a tight cap implemented. Add in that that was the going rate for a top line player... He wasn't seen as overpaid at all. So, with that in mind, his cap hit wasn't so bad at the time of the trade. If cap hit isn't an issue (and it wasn't even when the cap was inserted), you trade that package for Rick Nash. Every. Time.

The NHL Salary cap was instituted after the 2004/2005 season was lost to a lockout. Nash signed the deal you are refering to in 2010/11, half a decade later.

I don't see Puck saying that the Nash trade alone ruined their prospect system, just that it played a part (it did). He rightly says it was time for the Rangers to make the kind of moves that they did, including getting Nash, but that Nash underperformed, contributing to them not winning a championship. That's a difficult position to argue against. He clearly underperformed. That is not to say he did nothing of value, just not enough, and certainly not enough when you factor in his percentage of the salary cap and the assets they moved to get him.

Non capped league.

Are you under the assumption that there was no cap when we traded for Nash??

The cap went into place after Nash?s 2nd year in the league. (2005)

His contract was signed in 2010

The NHL Salary cap was instituted after the 2004/2005 season was lost to a lockout. Nash signed the deal you are refering to in 2010/11, half a decade later.

I don't see Puck saying that the Nash trade alone ruined their prospect system, just that it played a part (it did). He rightly says it was time for the Rangers to make the kind of moves that they did, including getting Nash, but that Nash underperformed, contributing to them not winning a championship. That's a difficult position to argue against. He clearly underperformed. That is not to say he did nothing of value, just not enough, and certainly not enough when you factor in his percentage of the salary cap and the assets they moved to get him.

From henceforth thy shall explain Pucks thinking.

You clarified exactly my points

Thank you

Does that make me your Sarah Huckabee Sanders?

Only if you suggest taking away security clearances as a vindictive punishment against those who exercise their 1st amendment rights to criticize the current administration. And then take great glee in the presser you give spewing your grotesque idea of revenge. And then the next day suggest that Trump missed mentioning former President Obama as another unworthy statesmen who should have his clearance stripped.

Lastly, if you use your affiliation with Jesus to move your unChristian agenda, then we will call you Sarah the Succubus.

From henceforth thy shall explain Pucks thinking.

You clarified exactly my points

Thank you

Wow, that's a fucking flame if I ever saw one. "You think like Puckhead"...

Great big apology to Puck. I have no excuse for being a complete moron in getting the lockout year totally fucking wrong. I think I saw in Nashs stats that he played in the Swiss league in 12/13, and somehow inexcusably got that confused with the lockout year. Very sorry. That was pretty damn dumb.

Still disagree about ruining any future in making the deal. I stated 3 times that Nash underperformed and that I expected more.

I know of no free agents or other trade possibilities that happened in that time frame, that the Rangers could have made.

In the end, with trading him, the Rangers now have Buch, Spooner, Lindgren, and K'Andre Miller. They walk away with all that after going to a conference final and a cup final.. The future looks fine to me..

Great big apology to Puck. I have no excuse for being a complete moron in getting the lockout year totally fucking wrong. I think I saw in Nashs stats that he played in the Swiss league in 12/13, and somehow inexcusably got that confused with the lockout year. Very sorry. That was pretty damn dumb.

Still disagree about ruining any future in making the deal. I stated 3 times that Nash underperformed and that I expected more.

I know of no free agents or other trade possibilities that happened in that time frame, that the Rangers could have made.

In the end, with trading him, the Rangers now have Buch, Spooner, Lindgren, and K'Andre Miller. They walk away with all that after going to a conference final and a cup final.. The future looks fine to me..

Take your moron mistake and multiply by 10 for my average day.

x15 when hungover

Good chat

Cheers

Sounds like everyone's pretty much on the same page.

Nash trade was worthwhile.

Nash underperformed, though he still had value.

Had Nash performed in the playoffs, the Rangers would have had a significantly better chance at a cup.

Nash trade was part of the reason the Rangers were ranked 29th in prospects last year.

Gorton's done a bang up job with the rebuild, moving them up to the top 3rd in the league in prospects in a little over a year.

We all good with the above?

Had Nash performed in the playoffs, the Rangers would have had a significantly better chance at a cup.

Nash trade was part of the reason the Rangers were ranked 29th in prospects last year.

Gorton's done a bang up job with the rebuild, moving them up to the top 3rd in the league in prospects in a little over a year.

Cash, money dollars, my good man! I think that's a pretty accurate summary!

Jagermeister all around! :cheers:

Nope. I don't see how the Nash trade was part of the reason why they were ranked 29th. Not like anything they traded was a game breaker. Each were replaced in the roles they played. Maybe including that 1st rounder hurt, but I'd say the lack of any 1st before and after that deal hurt more. IMO the Yandle and MSL trade hurt them waaaaaay more.

I'm reserving judgement on Gorton's rebuild. Im not all in on all of the picks he's made and this stock pile of D men prospects IMO is weird.

Nope. I don't see how the Nash trade was part of the reason why they were ranked 29th. Not like anything they traded was a game breaker. Each were replaced in the roles they played. Maybe including that 1st rounder hurt, but I'd say the lack of any 1st before and after that deal hurt more. IMO the Yandle and MSL trade hurt them waaaaaay more.

I'm reserving judgement on Gorton's rebuild. Im not all in on all of the picks he's made and this stock pile of D men prospects IMO is weird.

It's all a part of the same pie. No one piece buried them, but the first and Erixon would have been added to the prospect pool. I realize Erixon never materialized, but that doesn't mean losing him didn't hurt the Rangers' prospect system as well. The Yandle and MSL trades do "hurt more" because this is a cumulative thing. Trade one or two firsts over a 5 year span will hurt your prospect pool, but not devistate it. No single deal did that, they were all a part of it.

As to Gorton's rebuild, it obviously gets judged on how things end up, but so far, he's done a terrific job of bringing in a volume of young assets. That's what I want to see at this stage.

Compared to Columbus, we won.

We had multiple playoff runs with Nash being a big part.

Anisimov topped out at mid 40 points after he was traded to Chicago and Dubinsky will a cap casualty. Rangers didn?t ?lose? much.

Yep, I have to agree, I think NYR handily won it, and I doubt very much we'd have been able to pull the Anisimov for Panarin via Saad trade hijinks that the Blue Jackets did.

But anyway it's about what those players accomplished while in uniform and the immediate draft picks (Buchnevich.)

To me, no matter how frustrating Nash's scoring woes were at the wrong time (and remember concussions) it was hands-down a NYR win on face value.

And i liked Dubi and Anisimov, but what they became was not enough to get us anywhere near where we got with Nash and the others that came back the other way, IMO.

Yep rmc 51 it would have been nice to have Dubi (and element we have arguably missed) and Nash, but that was not on the table.

Rangers made it to the ecf and a number 1 seed the year before Nash was acquired. The best the rangers ever did with Nash is win two more games.

I’m not saying the rangers lost the deal. I really don’t even get the discussion. The rangers didn’t win the cup thereforeon their end the deal is not a win. Columbus was rebuilding and they are coming to an end of their window. This far they have still never won even a playoff round. So they didn’t win either. In the end the deal to me is just another of many that had no consequence of anything. Both teams in the end are left desiring more from what they got.

Brassard scored some big fucking goals for us so I might be crazy...but...were we better off with Gaby, Dubi and AA...or Nash, Brassard, Moore and Dorsett.

Tough call.

The way I see it:

Gaborik > Nash

Brassard > Dubi

AA > Moore/Dorsett

I'll take Gaborik and company...along with the 1st round pick we lost in the process.

Archived