• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What if They Don't Lose Like We Expect?

jsm7302

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were, what, a point out when they waived the white flag last February? They could easily have bought and made the final wildcard. Instead, they proactively sold. I'd say that counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

When we traded McDonagh and Miller we were 25th. To me that was the flag, Nash not so much.

When Nash was traded, we had just gone 5-16 in the previous 21 games.

Why do we want another 40 point winger who is also about to get overpaid (Silfverberg, in case it wasn't obvious)? That would be such a terrible signing.

Panarin is the guy they need however.

Because he's really good in the playoffs? Like I said? 45 points in 69 games. Solid two way player. Decent size. Not sure about his metrics. They ought to be pretty good..

Because he's really good in the playoffs? Like I said? 45 points in 69 games. Solid two way player. Decent size. Not sure about his metrics. They ought to be pretty good..

I see a very inconsistent playoff performance. 2 really good ones, 2 terrible ones, and 2 meh ones.

Pass on giving him big money...we already have guys like him.

I see a very inconsistent playoff performance. 2 really good ones, 2 terrible ones, and 2 meh ones.

Pass on giving him big money...we already have guys like him.

Who???? Who do the Rangers have that can turn it on in the playoffs? Ohhhh Fast. Yeah. We have players JUST like Silfverberg...

He's had one bad playoff 13/14. His sophomore season.

Rookie--12/13- 10 games 4 points

13/14- 13 games 2 points

14/15- 16 games 18 points

15/16- 7 games 4 points

16/17- 17 games 14 points

17/18- 4 games 2 points

Who???? Who do the Rangers have that can turn it on in the playoffs? Ohhhh Fast. Yeah. We have players JUST like Silfverberg...

He's had one bad playoff 13/14. His sophomore season.

Rookie--12/13- 10 games 4 points

13/14- 13 games 2 points

14/15- 16 games 18 points

15/16- 7 games 4 points

16/17- 17 games 14 points

17/18- 4 games 2 points

We have and have had plenty of 40 point wingers for quite some time now. Anyone who follows the team already knows. Silfverberg is not in the same class as the other 3 players you've mentioned...and it's not close.

When we traded McDonagh and Miller we were 25th. To me that was the flag, Nash not so much.

When Nash was traded, we had just gone 5-16 in the previous 21 games.

When the letter from Gorton was sent, we were only a point out of the playoffs. The Nash trade was a couple of weeks later

We have and have had plenty of 40 point wingers for quite some time now. Anyone who follows the team already knows. Silfverberg is not in the same class as the other 3 players you've mentioned...and it's not close.

Where did I say he was better? I said I'd like to add him. Do I have to say why again? What player on this team or past Ranger teams are playoff performers? That's something that has been lacking big time.

I think this is on the shoulders of how the blue line does. believe we were 29-30th in gaa last year. goals we were in the middle of the pack. special teams were pretty good.

i really want to see them on the lower end of things this season just so they get a chance at a top pick but if we are competitive i'm not going to cry about it as it means the kids are developing better than anticipated.

we are in the right direction though of that i am certain. I'm really happy this org took a step back to retool the right way, especially in a league where u see talent locked up at a younger age. Paramount to develop through with in.

I couldn't disagree with this more. It doesn't send a bad message. It sends the right one. That they're committed to this thing, truly, and that the kids are the future. Moving guys out opens spots for MORE youth.

Ditto that. Have the sense that if some/any of the established players are not pulling their weight, especially the more marketable ones with a contract decision pending, they'll be gone pronto (I guess as long as a sensible/reasonable to replace them exists). Last thing the kids need are any country club vibes to seep in.

Seguin could definitely be a possibility. UFA after this season (Although I think he'd probably end up staying in Dallas). What was missing throughout the last few years of good playoff runs was a true #1 talent. We had the perfect supporting cast and an elite goalie. We just didn't have that one top player to put us over the top. With the cap continuing to go up and what will likely be a lot of cap room, we can absolutely afford Seguin. But to lure him here, the young players are going to have to show a lot. But if he wants to be THE guy in a big city like New York, he'll definitely have that option

The opportunity to start putting a bug in someone's ear is there, if NYR have a friend in the right place? Stir the pot.

But TBH it sounds to me like he wants to be in Dallas right now. Dallas Management on the other hand doesn't sound overly concerned — which might come back to bite them in the ass, who knows That last comment by Nils — "If we don't, he's going to have a good year and we're going to have a good team and go from there," seemed like an unnecessary add from the point of view of diplomacy, but WTF do I know?

Stars center Tyler Seguin 'disappointed' in lack of contract negotiations with DallasThe Stars center and pending unrestricted free agent repeated that sentiment to reporters in Toronto on Tuesday, expressing frustration that he has not signed a long-term contract extension in Dallas.

Seguin, 26, has one more year on his contract that carries a cap hit of $5.75 million. Should he hit free agency July 1, he will be the marquee forward on the market.

"Nothing's really going on," Seguin told reporters at BioSteel camp, where some NHL players train. "Pretty much haven't been talking much this summer. It's been a little disappointing. I thought I'd have some exciting news to talk about at BioSteel camp, especially this late in the summer.

"It's been disappointing, but at the end of the day, I've always had one year left here, so I'm focused on that. I'm focused on BioSteel camp right now. I'm excited to get back to Dallas, and I look forward to a good year."

Earlier this month, Stars general manager Jim Nill said there was an open dialogue between the two sides, though he did not seem concerned about negotiations leaking into the regular season.

"Right now, it's August, and on both sides 'Let's see once we get here, get started and see where things go,'" Nill told SportsDay. "I don't want people to panic. He's got a year left, and if we get him signed, great. If we don't, he's going to have a good year and we're going to have a good team and go from there."

"I'm disappointed it hasn't happened, or it didn't," Seguin said. "There hasn't been no negotiations. It's just been training this summer, getting ready for this year. Since Day One, I've still had this last year here in Dallas. Dallas is home. I'm looking forward to having a good year, and I definitely want to win."

Nill said talks were more about where the market was heading rather than convincing Seguin about the Stars, or Dallas itself.

Signing Seguin to a long-term deal would give the Stars a pair of massive contracts on the books for nearly a decade. Captain Jamie Benn just finished the first of his eight-year extension worth $9.5 million annually.

This summer, John Tavares left the New York Islanders for Toronto, inking a seven-year deal worth an average of $11 annually. Tampa Bay signed Nikita Kucherov to an eight-year contract with a cap hit of $9.5 million annually. Seguin's bill should fall in similar ballparks.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2018/08/28/tyler-seguin-disappointed-contract-negotiations-stars

Archived