• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Longest-Tenured But Least Effective NHL Player of All-Time?

Phil

Perhaps I didn't explain it well. I'm aware that everyone, even the "bad" players in the NHL, are seriously talented. The point of the exercise was to try to determine candidates who were at the very bottom of that barrel. Similar to how we might pontificate about who the best scorer of all-time was.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Perhaps I didn't explain it well. I'm aware that everyone, even the "bad" players in the NHL, are seriously talented. The point of the exercise was to try to determine candidates who were at the very bottom of that barrel. Similar to how we might pontificate about who the best scorer of all-time was.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Was? The world already knows who that is

Dominic Moore. I'm not ever sure what he does very well.
No surprise that I agree with Dominic Moore being the pick. Being a 50 percenter on faceoffs doesn't get him off the list. He was just filler on the long list of teams he played for. If the team was in the amazon box, he was the bubble wrap.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dominic Moore. I'm not ever sure what he does very well.

He averaged about 25 points per season as a 3rd/4th line tweener, career 53.3% on draws and a penalty killer. He's in the Malholtra camp, guys who stuck in the league because they were multifaceted role players.

There are far less useful players who played longer.

He averaged about 25 points per season as a 3rd/4th line tweener, career 53.3% on draws and a penalty killer. He's in the Malholtra camp, guys who stuck in the league because they were multifaceted role players.

There are far less useful players who played longer.

Holy shit he was born in Brunei

I never got the hate for Dominic Moore. Great 4th line center. Same with Boyle.. you need guys like this to have a successful team.

He went back to being ridiculously selfish his last year here (a problem earlier in his career) for a guy that couldn't score. Too often the best play was to pass and he would not do it. Bad puck distributor for a C. Thought he had gotten wiser when he returned. Yet, the following year he could not suppress his need to put the softest shots toward the goal or just die with the puck. He was terrible that whole season. Big drop off in his discipline and decisions.

Archived