• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

#KarlssonWatch is Over: Traded to SJS for a Grab Bag of Meh

Phil

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not at all impressed with what Ottawa got. As has been noted on this board many times, picks in the high 20s have a relatively low yield when it comes to major NHL players. SJ is getting the inside track on signing a two time Norris winner and getting him for a year for a run at the cup. I'm surprised there were not better offers.

I'm not at all impressed with what Ottawa got. As has been noted on this board many times, picks in the high 20s have a relatively low yield when it comes to major NHL players. SJ is getting the inside track on signing a two time Norris winner and getting him for a year for a run at the cup. I'm surprised there were not better offers.

I'm not. Possibly only a one year player with a significant injury risk and only teams that have a legitimate shot at competing this year in the mix? The field is pretty thin.

If Ottawa was wiling to backoff some on their asking price at the deadline, he's undoubtedly a Golden Knight today, and the return would likely have been significant still. Suzuki, for example, would probably have been included since it was reported that one of the reasons it didn't happen was Ottawa's insistence on Vegas including either Cody Glass or Erik Br?nnstr?m.

Archived