• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

#KarlssonWatch is Over: Traded to SJS for a Grab Bag of Meh

Phil

No thank you. Cally doesn’t fit this team anymore, and Tampa doesn’t have to move out salary until n do summer when the extension would kick in.

I think Cally is exactly what this team needs; a good role model, a professional, some balls and heart like none other.......I cant think of a better guy to bring back to in to Captain this squad of young guns. I like the idea.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Cally is exactly what this team needs; a good role model, a professional, some balls and heart like none other.......I cant think of a better guy to bring back to in to Captain this squad of young guns. I like the idea.

Can't think of a better guy than someone who forced his way out with over the top contract demands?

Can't think of a better guy than someone who forced his way with over the top contract demands?

I can't offer much, but my landlord was his highschool coach / teacher.

Cally was never predicted to go anywhere. Apparently, he wasn't phenomenal even at a highschool level. The dude was our homegrown Drury and helped usher in the brightest era of this team since 94. He went about his business, especially after Richards got signed for mega bucks, and I don't blame him for it.

I can't offer much, but my landlord was his highschool coach / teacher.

Cally was never predicted to go anywhere. Apparently, he wasn't phenomenal even at a highschool level. The dude was our homegrown Drury and helped usher in the brightest era of this team since 94. He went about his business, especially after Richards got signed for mega bucks, and I don't blame him for it.

I appreciate everything he did for us while he was a Ranger. Always left it all on the ice.

Can't think of a better guy than someone who forced his way out with over the top contract demands?

The salary cap makes mercenaries of every player. Though in Callahan's case he got less in the deal he signed with TBL than what Sather offered before he traded him.

Incorrect. Friedman said he was given denials, from sources that then trade was completed. Not that the league denied it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Got too antsy. Refreshing Twitter, posting, and placing a drive through order at the same time is complicated

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not clear if the league doesn't allow pure salary dumps (it once would not). What would we get in return for taking Cally's contract and what nominal item would we give up to make it a "trade"? So long as we got something of value in exchange for taking Cally, I wouldn't oppose it. How ironic if we end up with the last two years of a contract that we so adamantly did not want that we trading our captain to avoid them. The whole business from 2014, to say nothing of Cally's later lobbying of Strolman and Boyle, must have left a bad enough taste with Slats that he would not be too anxious to have him back. Gorton wouldn't cross Slats if that is the case.

Archived