• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 ECSF | Washington Capitals (M1) v. Pittsburgh Penguins (M2)

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the suspend-to-injury method of the NHL. I bet if Aston-Reese doesn't break his jaw, nothing is done about that hit.

Having a hearing might also be a way to say, "Hey Tom, cool it you fucking idiot. We know this one wasn't that bad, but come on dude...stop toeing the line."

Wilson is 6’4. Aston-Resse is 6’0. Reese could throw that same exact hit on Wilson 50 times and would never get a piece of his head. What’s the new rule gonna be? Can’t hit smaller players? Foh

Wilson is 6’4. Aston-Resse is 6’0. Reese could throw that same exact hit on Wilson 50 times and would never get a piece of his head. What’s the new rule gonna be? Can’t hit smaller players? Foh

You joke, but they've already made it a penalty to hit someone with their head down. :disappointed:

Is that right?

That's the only angle I've seen that looks "malicious," and I guess if you combine that look with the other angles, sure, you can deduce that's Aston-Reese's pad.

I hate this one. This one's tough to call. The dude plays a hard game and toes the line a la Marchand.

And as I stated before, that's a clean hit to me.

Wilson hit is by the book.

Agreed. And while we all know the DoPS is wildly inconsistent' date=' this is just fucking stupid.[/quote']

The hit is fine. If Aston-Reese doesn’t crouch and hit the breaks it’s never high.

Ridiculous if they throw the book at him.

Guess you can’t make open ice hits anymore

That's the Pens players' shoulder pad hitting him in the face. Wilson hits his shoulder and drives through, hitting him in the head. But it's definitely not the PPOC.

This, this, this, and this. So that means he’ll get suspended.

Archived