• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. New Jersey Devils (C2)

Who Wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Bolts in 4
    • Bolts in 5
    • Bolts in 6
    • Bolts in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

Last year they had Point and Drouin. As we know, McD isn't exactly an Ironman either. Sergachev will for sure eat more minutes, but Girardi, Stralman, and Coburn will all be a year deeper into their 30's. We've seen the drastic differnce a year can make for aging Dmen (Klein). Point looks like he'll be consistent, but will Gourde's production hold up? They saw Tyler Johnson score 72 points one year. "the Triplets" seemed scary at one point, but Johnson hasn't scored more than 50 points since and has his own health issues. Will Miller's scoring increase next year, or will he be the Miller that frustrated Ranger fans. Lot of questions in Tampa. Its a long season in which anything can happen. Boston, Toronto, and Florida (If the can get some consistent goal-tending) won't make it easy on them. Maybe I've had too much Kool-Aid, but I don't for a second believe Tampa is a lock to return to the playoffs next year...

I don't really care enough to continue debating it.

If you think the entire team will get hurt and they will finish dead last and afford us the #1 overall pick next year, then that's certainly walking on the sunny side of the street. more power to you.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean if you look back at how the conversation started, that's certainly the evolution of it.

No, I think it was pretty clear I said one key injury and they miss the playoffs. The only place it evolved into...

I don't really care enough to continue debating it.

If you think the entire team will get hurt and they will finish dead last and afford us the #1 overall pick next year, then that's certainly walking on the sunny side of the street. more power to you.

...is in your head. No one has mentioned dead last except for you.

No, I think it was pretty clear I said one key injury and they miss the playoffs. The only place it evolved into...

...is in your head. No one has mentioned dead last except for you.

And then I said, they have support for 1 key injury in each area, and you said all of those guys are either injury risks or question marks. So that's fine for you to think that. Great. I don't agree. They're not one key injury away, unless it's Vas. And you can say that for probably 12 of the 16 current playoff teams.

Hmm, I guess they trusted themselves so much they felt it was no need for a lottery protection.

Fun fact: Devils swept the regular season series against Tampa. This could be closer then most people think.

Because NJ has youth that will grow to be more experienced players and now the Devs will play a tight game throughout this series, starting with tonight

He'll have more excellent seasons with us. I'm convinced he's signing here in the off-season.

This thought crossed my mind this morning after reading Vodka's post as well.

If AV ends up coaching an NHL team next season, I wonder if he'd want to go after Grabner.

NJ's problems were on the 2nd defensive pairing (Moore, and Mueller) and Hall was too busy covering the Lightning forwards for the terrible defensemen. TB was picking on Hisicher because he's a small forward. They need to exert some muscle, especially on the Boyle Line (very physical line)

For the Devils, pick on the first d-line paring for TB and bring a heavy forecheck

This thought crossed my mind this morning after reading Vodka's post as well.

If AV ends up coaching an NHL team next season, I wonder if he'd want to go after Grabner.

He will go after Grabner because he liked him after Grabby's performance with us with NYR!

Archived