• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. New Jersey Devils (C2)

Who Wins?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Bolts in 4
    • Bolts in 5
    • Bolts in 6
    • Bolts in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they truly are not the same team (diff mgmt, coaches, players and style) we grew to hate and our rivalry has not really been revived, yet.

Because he gets to see them a lot. They were a fun watch this year, Hall is very likable as our some of their other players. Plus Boyle and Grabs.

Because they are the underdogs, they just squeaked in, they are rebuilding the right way and they are getting early dividends. They are not hard to root for, not unlikable.

One day we'll hate the Devs again. I need a good reason to hate someone or a group of someones. We don't have one yet.

Basically they are not the devils. They are currently the Taylor Halls. That is how I thought about it this year.

Hey, I picked and am rooting for the Jets, since Oct. That is weirder.

Sidenote: The Taylor Halls and Nate McKinnons can not win the Cup.

Because they truly are not the same team (diff mgmt, coaches, players and style) we grew to hate and our rivalry has not really been revived, yet.

Because he gets to see them a lot. They were a fun watch this year, Hall is very likable as our some of their other players. Plus Boyle and Grabs.

Because they are the underdogs, they just squeaked in, they are rebuilding the right way and they are getting early dividends. They are not hard to root for, not unlikable.

One day we'll hate the Devs again. I need a good reason to hate someone or a group of someones. We don't have one yet.

You know your Hockey! As a son of a Devils fan, I am very impressed with their effort today in game 2!

Fuck. Just bought waterfront property in Florida last week. I am officially old. I probably hated your dad in the 94.

Don't bring that up with Him! You can with me! Secondly, not all old people live in Florida. I can say all of us New Englanders and new yorkers go to Florida for a good retirement

Great but all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the conditional first round pick we gain next season if Tampa isn?t eliminated and wins the cup...

Great but all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the conditional first round pick we gain next season if Tampa isn?t eliminated and wins the cup...

Wellllll, I wasn't really seeing the question as one packed with all those draft implications.

Since you brought it up though, as good as Tampa is they will have to get through 3 teams on their level, after the Devils. Them winning it all this year is less likely than us winning a top 3 spot. Just for perspective.

Not getting that upgrade due to a loss to the Devils, does improve our 1st rd pick this year (in a great draft) from 31 to the mid 20's. That is worth more than a lottery ticket to me. That is a bird-in-the-hand in an area of the draft where only a few A level prospects may remain. Moving from 31 to 25 might cost a very late 2nd or 3rd rd pick anyway. o there is value there. Plus if we lose this years shot at upgrading that pick, there is always next year.

That said, I have the Jets over Tampa in the Finals, but think you could easily change that to Boston versus Nashville.

I don't get your Einstein comment, but I'm not that smart. Maybe he was referring to the body of my input and not that particular post?

Rangers chances of getting in top 3 is 19% exactly.

Eh, I don't think it works that way. It's btwn 6-7% of getting into any of the top 3, I'm not sure you can really add those all up and come to 19%. But I don't really care.

The point being, it's pretty even and at the end of the day. Not nearly enough to plan anything around.

Eh, I don't think it works that way. It's btwn 6-7% of getting into any of the top 3, I'm not sure you can really add those all up and come to 19%. But I don't really care.

The point being, it's pretty even and at the end of the day. Not nearly enough to plan anything around.

It really does work that way. For those who do care these are our possible lottery position possibilities:

#1 - 6% chance

#2 - 6.3%

#3 - 6.7%

#8 - 36.8%

#9 - 36%

#10 - 7.8%

#11 - 0.4%

Total = 100%

Obviously there will be no trades prior to the lotto, so no plans need to be solidified, before we know what the draft order is going to look like.

It really does work that way. For those who do care these are our possible lottery position possibilities:

#1 - 6% chance

#2 - 6.3%

#3 - 6.7%

#8 - 36.8%

#9 - 36%

#10 - 7.8%

#11 - 0.4%

Total = 100%

Obviously there will be no trades prior to the lotto, so no plans need to be solidified, before we know what the draft order is going to look like.

You can't just add them. The reason then NHL only puts out the odds to win the lottery, is because the odds for the second pick change depending on who gets the first and the odds for the third pick change depending on who gets the first 2. Tankathon just guesses, those numbers aren't exact....

Think of it this way. There are 1000 ping-pong balls in the pot for the lottery. If Buffalo wins the first pick (18.5%), then their 185 ping-pong balls are removed from the pot. For the second pick there would be 815 ping-pong balls left. The rangers have still have 60 of them, but now their odds of winning the second pick are 7.4%. Now if the Sens win the second pick, their 135 balls come out and the Rangers have 60 of the remaining 680. That would make the Rangers chance to win the third pick 8.8%.

On the flip side, If Florida wins the lottery the Rangers chance at the second pick would be 6.06%... Not sure if that is exactly how it works, but that's how I understand it.

Just reading back in this thread. I have a few things:

1. Fuck the Devils

2. We’re still bickering about the picks ? Yes, I can’t wait to snatch up #31 in hopes he turns into a game changing stud we’ve all been waiting for. Go Bolts !! Let it go. It’s like shooting dice.

3. Fuck the Devils.

4. Neutral Zone Trap. Really? Lol. The Lightning have scored 10 goals in 2 games. Yeah, very effective. Oh, the trap died about 14 years ago.

5. Fuck the Devils

6. Fuck Taylor Hall

Archived