• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What if John Tavares Signs with the Rangers

paddynyc

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tavares would dramatically accelerate that rebuild. He'd turn next seasons team into a guaranteed playoff club in all likelihood. And you can't discount the trade and UFA power that the Rangers possess that the Isles simply don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There is no way that just adding Tavares makes this team an automatic playoff team. The Islanders are a far better team than the Rangers, and they didn't make it with him. Islanders just didn't have goaltending, but had the offense whee here its the opposite. Plus, in all of NY sports history, through all 4 major sports, no franchise player has ever gone to their NY rival while in their prime.

There is no way that just adding Tavares makes this team an automatic playoff team. The Islanders are a far better team than the Rangers, and they didn't make it with him. Islanders just didn't have goaltending, but had the offense whee here its the opposite. Plus, in all of NY sports history, through all 4 major sports, no franchise player has ever gone to their NY rival while in their prime.

The Islanders are so much better than the Rangers that they are right next to them in the standings, and that is with Tavares.

I don't see him leaving but if he did I don't see him coming to another team that's not even remotely close to competing for a cup. He'll have plenty of better options where he could go to a contender. I would think some would be willing to clear whatever space they needed to make.

Rangers had to sell everyone to become as shitty as the Islanders.

The Islanders are so much better than the Rangers that they are right next to them in the standings, and that is with Tavares.

You can't seriously say that the two teams are even. Islanders are team with no goaltending, but a lot of good young players, and are a high scoring team. The rangers have no one that is an offensive threat, all they have is goaltending. Plus the Islanders destroyed the Rangers in the season series.

You can't seriously say that the two teams are even. Islanders are team with no goaltending, but a lot of good young players, and are a high scoring team. The rangers have no one that is an offensive threat, all they have is goaltending. Plus the Islanders destroyed the Rangers in the season series.

If they are that much better why are they missing the playoffs by 20 points?

If they are that much better why are they missing the playoffs by 20 points?

Look at both rosters and tell me that they are equal or that the Rangers are a better team. Again, they had terrible goaltending, but also had 2 30+ goal scorers and 3 20+ goal scorers while the Rangers had 2 20+ goal scorers. They have 5 players who had more points than our top point getter. The Islanders have a lot of talent on that team and in the minors as well where the Rangers system is devoid of any top talent.

Look at both rosters and tell me that they are equal or that the Rangers are a better team. Again, they had terrible goaltending, but also had 2 30+ goal scorers and 3 20+ goal scorers while the Rangers had 2 20+ goal scorers. They have 5 players who had more points than our top point getter. The Islanders have a lot of talent on that team and in the minors as well where the Rangers system is devoid of any top talent.

I never said the Rangers were a better team. You said the Islanders are far better, even though they are finishing right where we are.

Even before the sell off the Islanders were a better team.

Look at the standings. Islanders are one point better with the roster they had at the beginning of the season while the Rangers have a bunch of college players.

Islanders are not the better team. And more importantly, they're not the better organization.

Look at the standings. Islanders are one point better with the roster they had at the beginning of the season while the Rangers have a bunch of college players.

Islanders are not the better team. And more importantly, they're not the better organization.

And give them a good goaltender and do you still think they are only 1 point ahead of us? IMO, with a real goaltender, they are a threat for the cup. They are a better organization than us, just look at the players they have in their system and look at ours.

If nothing else changes, yes. But I'm fully expecting additional trades, and signings. Kovalchuk.

If nothing else changes, yes. But I'm fully expecting additional trades, and signings. Kovalchuk.

I might be the only one who doesn't want to go near Kovalchuk this summer. If he wants a big contract I definitely stay away. He left once, who is to say he won't do it again? He makes me too nervous to commit to.

I think our season tanked because so many underperformed or proved to be not all that good at hockey. The goalie included and most here throw the coach in as well. The expectations were to at least be a playoff team, as a group they failed miserably. Kovalchuk I don't think is the answer to anything here and I'll stick with Taveras not coming either. I hope there's a plan B, C and D on the GM's part.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean, logically, the best possible plan forward is pain. Re-sign key RFAs, bring on valuable veterans with leadership qualities on one-year deals to be flipped at the deadline should the playoffs not be in the cards, and continue building through strategic drafting and trading.

I mean, logically, the best possible plan forward is pain. Re-sign key RFAs, bring on valuable veterans with leadership qualities on one-year deals to be flipped at the deadline should the playoffs not be in the cards, and continue building through strategic drafting and trading.

This x10

After Philly is knocked out JG should offer Hayes, anyone else and a 2nd pick for Couterier who has potential to be close to a franchise player, 25yrs old and is the full package. JMO. No Tavares.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why would the Flyers be looking to move him?

And why would they take Hayes and a 2nd??

Archived