• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Hartford Wolfpack v. Minnesota Wild // Losing in Style

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They went from 3rd place to no shot in 1 month. Injury after injury, losing after losing, takes its toll on any team. It sucks, and I don’t like seeing it, but I get it. I’ve been through it before, and most recently this year as a coach with a team of high expectations just to be riddled with long term injuries and illnesses at the worst possible moments.

And their management gave up on them, agreed it's rough. It's a long season when you don't have much left to play for. But doesn't character and pride have to kick in.... maybe it's easier for older players to be resigned and take it, but I'd like to think younger players (who have something to prove) would be pissed off and at least trying to get more ice time.

Think AV is bummed to not have to coach this group and go somewhere else?

Josh, this is why a coaching change is in order, you can't trade every single player except Kreids. That equals a 6 year rebuild. You have to coach some players up, put them in situations to succeed, change the culture, emphasize speed and the fundamentals.

What else can we do but that plus add a quality young assets every chance you get? Load up now. And in the off season and next season. Make the best trades and best picks. you can. Find the studs in the middle of the 1st and one in the 2nd and one somewhere else. Zero in on a top prospect or two. Add to the quality of a farm that already got better last year, as our top 3 prospects are all in the top 25 too. And there is still a sleeper or two.

And their management gave up on them, agreed it's rough. It's a long season when you don't have much left to play for. But doesn't character and pride have to kick in.... maybe it's easier for older players to be resigned and take it, but I'd like to think younger players (who have something to prove) would be pissed off and at least trying to get more ice time.

They didn’t give up. They knew they weren’t going to get far the way the team was currently constructed. They’ve been watching the same movie for 3 years. Time for a change.

Think AV is bummed to not have to coach this group and go somewhere else?

Josh, this is why a coaching change is in order, you can't trade every single player except Kreids. That equals a 6 year rebuild. You have to coach some players up, put them in situations to succeed, change the culture, emphasize speed and the fundamentals.

What else can we do but that plus add a quality young assets every chance you get? Load up now. And in the off season and next season. Make the best trades and best picks. you can. Find the studs in the middle of the 1st and one in the 2nd and one somewhere else. Zero in on a top prospect or two. Add to the quality of a farm that already got better last year, as our top 3 prospects are all in the top 25 too. And there is still a sleeper or two.

I'm not too worried about what management decides to do at this point. Can't get much uglier than what we've been watching.

yo, as soon as the deadline is over, this team is going on a tear, and getting into 6th in the East. They'll get Washington and move on to the second rd in 6.

I honestly think if we stayed healthy this season we would have made the playoffs. I don't think anyone would disagree though that the injuries were a blessing in disguise. Saved us a ton of heartache

I honestly think if we stayed healthy this season we would have made the playoffs. I don't think anyone would disagree though that the injuries were a blessing in disguise. Saved us a ton of heartache

Ehh. Maybe. The rest of the division is so bad, I think you're right. That said, before Kreider got hurt, I think the Rangers had someone like 1 regulation win since December 19th. It's not like the wheels feel off after his injury. They were already in deep shit.

I think the outcome, without the injuries, would have been an 8th or 9th place finish, which is the worst you can do. Yeah, this sucks to watch. In fact it's unwatchable. But it has to happen. I just hope to God they get something promising for Nash, Zucc, and McD. More role players will kill me.

Ruff stop your d from skating into the center of the 2 o 1. The d has to commit to the guy with the puck. By making the d skate to the center your goalie has no idea which way to track

Ducking dumb ass Ruff how many times do you have to be burned

That?s actually the total opposite of what to do on a 2 on 1, you take away the pass and not commit to the puck carrier, that?s what the goalie is there for.

You still have to put forth the effort.This is all on Gortin and Sather remember 3 point out of the race and they wave the white towel vs trying to improve so players say f it

They just mention Buchnevich is leader scorer of team so Nash has been traded

Gort?o?n and Sather were smart by what they did, they recognized that this team needs a new direction, this rebuild started last offseason when Stepan was traded, don?t be fooled.

Ruff stop your d from skating into the center of the 2 o 1. The d has to commit to the guy with the puck. By making the d skate to the center your goalie has no idea which way to track

Ducking dumb ass Ruff how many times do you have to be burned

What the hell do you expect? For the most part, Ruff is working with kids who are excited to get a chance but are not that good, playing with veterans who just want to be moved or are just waiting for the season to end. This is one big shit show, and not one bit of it is Ruff's fault.

Heard Sam say something like"After a rough stretch run with the Rangers, he rededicated himself to training". Right.

The trade we made for him reeked of desperation and was totally the wrong move at the time but I have this high level of hate for Eric Staal that's probably unjustified. I just see the m'f'er and I seethe.

Archived