• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#52) Rangers @ Nashville Predators // A-Lundqvist v. Predator

Phil

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way, no how do we even sniff the playoffs. And thank God. Everyone rest. Get healthy and come to training camp with snarl. This horror show of a season should serve as super-major-hyper motivational tool.

Our new identity has to include some grit and toughness too in addition to speed and skill.

100% Agree

Duguay must be puking in his mouth as he's saying that bullshit about toughness. He played a long time in the era where Emelin would have been carted off on his next shift. He knows better than that.

I always feel jealous when I see how other teams respond when a teammate is hit. There are still plenty of teams league wide that react almost instantly. No idea wtf happened to this team. How do you watch that occur to a teammate and do nothing?

I always feel jealous when I see how other teams respond when a teammate is hit. There are still plenty of teams league wide that react almost instantly. No idea wtf happened to this team. How do you watch that occur to a teammate and do nothing?

TWICE.

French Canadian hockey. Av fellas

It’s a running theme. They’ve been getting beat up since AV took over.

It’s a running theme. They’ve been getting beat up since AV took over.

AV looks like he's worried the refs might get mad ? BFD. They treat your team like bitches anyway. Might s well act like you actually have testicles.

AV looks like he's worried the refs might get mad ? BFD. They treat your team like bitches anyway. Might s well act like you actually have testicles.

Lol he literally said this in the presser: On the hits, "my opinion is that it's very hard to figure certain things out from game to game. I'm just gonna leave it at that otherwise I will get myself in trouble."

French Canadian hockey. Av fellas

It?s a running theme. They?ve been getting beat up since AV took over.

Yea, well he can take that puss boy hockey elsewhere. This is a disgrace. I thought it was bad when no one went to Hanks defense a few months back. Two teammates get hit in the same game and nothing?

Wtf you waiting for Gorton??

Doesn’t want to get in trouble? Seriously? You wonder where the passion is, the energy from this team? I sit at home on my tv screaming at the tv, watching Forsberg laugh it up, McLeod tv shots every couple minutes like something is going to happen, actually thinking if I was playing I’d purposely/accidentally take a slap shot off the refs fucking head, wishing for any kind of retribution. Hoping for a tirade by av having him toss every piece of equipment onto the ice in protest and maybe going after laviolette.

What is their reaction? Mcd whining to the ref after the game? Forsberg was actually laughing when the buzzer sounded. It was like I can’t believe I made it out of here alive and we don’t see them again. If the rangers were so upset by the hits and they were, why did they not do anything about? Why is McLeod here? There isn’t one good reason for that guy to be in the nhl other than to play in game like last night and literally spill blood.

Forsberg and Emelin should have had to fight McLeod last night and if they relented. McLeods job is to go after Subban, Joao, Arvidsson etc. McLeod should never play again here, he should be sent packing with av

Uphill, but Rangers giving it a good go

8 shots in 2 periods. 2 players knocked out injured and no one does squat. Numerous giveaways and turnovers in the defensive zone. No pride. No heart. No grit. No moxie. No determination. No mental or physical toughness. Good Go? Nah. Not from my perspective. Pitiful performance against one of the top teams in the league.

Performance with attempting to win a game? I grade it a B.

Defending your teammates? Grade it an F, a big F that stands for FIRE AV!

I have sided with AV in the past as I believed (especially this year) that we simply don't have the needed talent.

I was WRONG! I can look past some of indescretions, but time MGMT and that post game nonsense is ridiculous!

Torts would have been fighting their coach. There def would have been SOMEBODY defending Vesey & Marc.

I want AMERICAN HOCKEY, so get rid of this pussy assed Canadian.....this is the NHL. Where the big boys play.

I have sided with AV in the past as I believed (especially this year) that we simply don't have the needed talent.

I was WRONG! I can look past some of indescretions, but time MGMT and that post game nonsense is ridiculous!

Torts would have been fighting their coach. There def would have been SOMEBODY defending Vesey & Marc.

I want AMERICAN HOCKEY, so get rid of this pussy assed Canadian.....this is the NHL. Where the big boys play.

American hockey? LOL

You do realize that many of the most toughest players to play are Canadian, right?

Bottom line is AV wan't on the ice. Credit Sjkei and Miller for showing some balls, but the rest of these guys should be embarrassed. Were they waiting for Zucc to drop someone?

This was a defining game...unfortunately, it only defined that this team is too soft and needs an overhaul. At least it is making what needs to happen at the trade deadline crystal clear.

I think what he’s referencing is French Canadian hockey. The kind Sean Avery so eloquently called out. The pussy Claude lemieux Brad Marchand way of playing. Even that would be a breathe of fresh air because even a cheap shot in retribution last night would have at least been something.

This roster was neutered long ago. The only thing that surprises me with the lack of reaction is McLeod. Why is he dressed if not to be the most important player last night? Hank dresses to stop the puck, mcd to play against the top forwards, zucc to create offense, etc etc. McLeods role and sole purpose for ever making the nhl is to police cheap shit. Not that he should need to be told, but after his first shift after those hits and nothing happens. It’s on the coach to tap him on his back and tell him to do his job or he won’t have one. It’s as simple as that. The Preds have to answer for their play and when or if they did then fine, move on. But this team led by this coach felt the way to handle it was to have captain go cry to refs after the game. Speaks volumes.

I think everybody can agree losing sucks and that this is not a good team. However and most importantly playing with pride and respect for yourself, teammates, and your fans has nothing to do with talent. Standing up for yourself and your teammates has nothing to do with your record or ability. It cannot be tolerated what happened last night even if we were sitting in Nashville’s position. Playing like that is playing on a foundation of mud. You cannot go on and build whatever comes from this mess on a foundation like that. Trades picks prospects whatever isnt going to make a bit of difference if your team cannot even do the minimal requirement of what makes a team

French Canadian Hockey, whatever that is, is actually the most volatile. The Q is well known for its on ice shit shows, and it's the home of the LNAH which is the last place in the world they still tolerate the old Slapshot type of hockey.

I'd say we could have used a little more French Canadian Hockey last night.

I apologize for taking this thread off topic. It doesn’t matter if it’s canadian, french, American, Russian, whatever. Our coach and our team plays like pussies. Have for years and they were embarrassed last night. They cannot go forward in any good direction if standing up for themselves means crying to the referee. Especially when you just claimed a fossil type of a player and he’s dressed. McLeod has no purpose being near a hockey rink other than to take his pound of flesh in a game like that. It’s a joke

French Canadian Hockey, whatever that is, is actually the most volatile. The Q is well known for its on ice shit shows, and it's the home of the LNAH which is the last place in the world they still tolerate the old Slapshot type of hockey.

I'd say we could have used a little more French Canadian Hockey last night.

Tabarnak!

For some reason, they've gotten tarred with this reputation for being soft, spineless, yellowbellies, but they're often anything but. Brashear, Daniel Lacroix, Laraque, Gino Odjick, Peter Worrell, PJ Stock, etc. say hi.

Archived