• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers v. Toronto Maple Leafs // Pls Leave Nylander Behind Thx

Morphinity 2.0

Don't feel like discussing the game. Just out classed. even in net.

So is it just me, or does it seem like Ron is a little tipsy when he does those brief in-game analysis. i think he was slurring his speech or fumbling. he could just be trying to talk too fast. But watching tonights game made me want to drink so...probably

I think he's biting his tongue.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I turned off the game at 4-0 (well I turned the volume off and was reading a book at 4-0, turned it off completely after the 2nd)

There are losses where you just got outplayed by a better team. I can take those. But that was a gross lack of effort. a complete dud. That was a fire the coach type of loss.

You can live losing to a better team, but the effort is what made this more annoying.

I turned off the game at 4-0 (well I turned the volume off and was reading a book at 4-0, turned it off completely after the 2nd)

There are losses where you just got outplayed by a better team. I can take those. But that was a gross lack of effort. a complete dud. That was a fire the coach type of loss.

Last year it looked like Toronto was a train a coming down the track, and the NYR better win it before the young Toronto team came of age. It's looking like it's already too late. I'm seeing outclassed and lack of effort.

But that kind of lack of compete makes ya wonder WTF is going on with this team's heart. It does not bode well for team leadership on and off the bench.

Also sad to me is that guys are getting an opportunity to step up with these injuries and that ain't happening either.

Last year it looked like Toronto was a train a coming down the track, and the NYR better win it before the young Toronto team came of age. It's looking like it's already too late. I'm seeing outclassed and lack of effort.

But that kind of lack of compete makes ya wonder WTF is going on with this team's heart. It does not bode well for team leadership on and off the bench.

Also sad to me is that guys are getting an opportunity to step up with these injuries and that ain't happening either.

Pack it in folks- point of the year. All these guys with opportunities to step up and play hockey in the NHL and NONE of them have taken the chance.

Orr, Avery

hit or miss. its a free option, nothing to lose. not even the season. low risk.

Colton Orr can't play in this league, and Avery was a great skater. He was effective because he could actually, you know, play hockey.

No, there's nothing to lose, but there's just no way that McLeod was ever going to have any sort of impact, so it wasn't really worth a shot. The only benefit to having him here is that, if they sell, he takes a roster spot so we can keep young guys in the A so their ELCs don't slide.

Colton Orr can't play in this league, and Avery was a great skater. He was effective because he could actually, you know, play hockey.

No, there's nothing to lose, but there's just no way that McLeod was ever going to have any sort of impact, so it wasn't really worth a shot. The only benefit to having him here is that, if they sell, he takes a roster spot so we can keep young guys in the A so their ELCs don't slide.

Those were examples of when adding a similar player came with success.

Avery's attitude was bigger contributor than his hockey abilities, especially when he first came.

Those were examples of when adding a similar player came with success.

Avery's attitude was bigger contributor than his hockey abilities, especially when he first came.

The "success" that came with Colton Orr, was a decade ago. The type of player he is does not make a difference in the current NHL. Matt Martin has been scratched 4 games in a row. If him being out and McLeod being in isn't a big raging boner of a metaphor for how the league is trending, with last night's result, I don't know what is.

Avery's attitude would have been irrelevant if he wasn't a good hockey player. Nobody cares about 4th liners who run their mouth. Guys like Gallagher, Shaw, Wilson and even Roussel are effective in that agitator role because they can have an actual impact on the game. Nobody gives a fuck about McLeod, Ryan Reaves, or Michael Haley who are top-10 in PIMs while playing less than 8:00 a night.

Archived