• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Islanders News Open Door on Tavares?

Sod16

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see JT coming here to play with a bunch of unproven kids under any circumstances whatsoever. He's going to want to play for a contender not a pretender for the next few seasons. That's if he even has the desire to move on from NY.

In all seriousness why would he want to go to anything but a top contender if he were to leave?

I can't se JT coming here to play with a bunch of unproven kids under any circumstances whatsoever. He's going to want to play for a contender not a pretender for the next few seasons. That's if he even has the desire to move on from NY.

The Rangers are not going through a full 3 year rebuild without competing. Don’t let these trades fool you.

I can't se JT coming here to play with a bunch of unproven kids under any circumstances whatsoever. He's going to want to play for a contender not a pretender for the next few seasons. That's if he even has the desire to move on from NY.

Well if hes got Zib, Kreider, Zucc, McD, Spooner, Skjei, and Shattenkirk, to come play with, its really not bad compared to the Isles. Chytil, Andersson and who ever they get in the draft this year could possibly be NHL ready... i mean if they can get Dahlin, holy shit.

Well if hes got Zib, Kreider, Zucc, McD, Spooner, Skjei, and Shattenkirk, to come play with, its really not bad compared to the Isles. Chytil, Andersson and who ever they get in the draft this year could possibly be NHL ready... i mean if they can get Dahlin, holy shit.

Zib - underachiever - certainly not a 1st line center

Kreider - see above - but still want to believe he can step it up

Zuc - solid piece

McD - thought he was leaving

Spooner - is that really a lot?

Skjei - hasn't shown all that much certainly not the second half of the season

Shattenkirk - a one way defensemen

More holes than answers on this team.

Yes there are a bunch of unknowns around draft picks and additional trades that may happen.

Zib - underachiever - certainly not a 1st line center

Kreider - see above - but still want to believe he can step it up

Zuc - solid piece

McD - thought he was leaving

Spooner - is that really a lot?

Skjei - hasn't shown all that much certainly not the second half of the season

Shattenkirk - a one way defensemen

More holes than answers on this team.

Yes there are a bunch of unknowns around draft picks and additional trades that may happen.

Ok..... So JT comes in and sets things in order. Zib becomes your 2nd line center or your 1st line RW... Kreider with JT would be insane. You see what JT made Lee into?

Maybe McD doesn't have to go... I don't feel they are going to get value for him.

Spooner as a 2nd or 3rd liner forward is pretty good. Usually good for 30-40 points.

Kreider- Tavares- Buch

Spooner- Zib- Zucc

Vesey- Hayes- Miller

Belensky- Andersson- bag of used condoms covered in chewed up Skittles, so they have that greenish rainbow like space boogers from the future look to them

McD- ?

Skjei- Shattenkirk

Gilmour- Funny dog Yoda costume/ Smith

You telling me that isnt a good roster? WITH all the prospects down the pipe..

Ok..... So JT comes in and sets things in order. Zib becomes your 2nd line center or your 1st line RW... Kreider with JT would be insane. You see what JT made Lee into?

Maybe McD doesn't have to go... I don't feel they are going to get value for him.

Spooner as a 2nd or 3rd liner forward is pretty good. Usually good for 30-40 points.

Kreider- Tavares- Buch

Spooner- Zib- Zucc

Vesey- Hayes- Miller

Belensky- Andersson- bag of used condoms covered in chewed up Skittles, so they have that greenish rainbow like space boogers from the future look to them

McD- ?

Skjei- Shattenkirk

Gilmour- Funny dog Yoda costume/ Smith

You telling me that isnt a good roster? WITH all the prospects down the pipe..

yep that's what I'm saying, Buch hasn't proven to be anything close to a productive first line player. Same with Kreider. Putting Spooner on the 2nd line is asking a lot. 2/3rds if not the whole third line could go for all I care. Forth line is TBD. IF McD stays you have 3 NHL defensemen and Smith who they already have written off.

yep that's what I'm saying, Buch hasn't proven to be anything close to a productive first line player. Same with Kreider. Putting Spooner on the 2nd line is asking a lot. 2/3rds if not the whole third line could go for all I care. Forth line is TBD. IF McD stays you have 3 NHL defensemen and Smith who they already have written off.

Kreider isn't a 1st liner and hasnt proven anything? Buch i can agree on, but Kreider?That line doesn't need three allstar level players. Kreider could definitely pot 40 with JT centering him. Buch gets the golden ticket and has to score to stay there. No problem sliding him down in favor of some other winger. As I said. Zib could go back to wing.

Im into Spooner man. I feel thats a big under the radar acquisition. As stated, hes already a 30-40 point guy. Thats a 2nd liner. Maybe he improves...

I agree on the 3rd line, bit they can be replaced with Chytil or Andersson along with free agents and what ever they could get if the 3rd line is dealt. They aren't a bad 3rd line as is. I think if they don't get JT, the 3rd line becomes the 2nd line, and thats a disaster.

The D is definitely weak. Not much more weak than the Isles though.

Its not the frikken Penguins but thats a pretty good roster. Compared to what JTs realistic options are, i think the Rangers are a more attractive option than you give them credit for.

Kreider isn't a 1st liner and hasnt proven anything? Buch i can agree on, but Kreider?That line doesn't need three allstar level players. Kreider could definitely pot 40 with JT centering him. Buch gets the golden ticket and has to score to stay there. No problem sliding him down in favor of some other winger. As I said. Zib could go back to wing.

Im into Spooner man. I feel thats a big under the radar acquisition. As stated, hes already a 30-40 point guy. Thats a 2nd liner. Maybe he improves...

I agree on the 3rd line, bit they can be replaced with Chytil or Andersson along with free agents and what ever they could get if the 3rd line is dealt. They aren't a bad 3rd line as is. I think if they don't get JT, the 3rd line becomes the 2nd line, and thats a disaster.

The D is definitely weak. Not much more weak than the Isles though.

Its not the frikken Penguins but thats a pretty good roster. Compared to what JTs realistic options are, i think the Rangers are a more attractive option than you give them credit for.

I'm with you on Spooner. I would hope Kreider could put up 40 but over his career he's averaged I think about 20! If he could ever bring a consistent level of performance over a full season I could see it but so far he hasn't. Asking less of Zib could help him, I agree there too but he's been extremely inconsistent. So many things have to fall into place for next year not to be a pretty big shitshow. As for the D I guess we can hope for the best.

• 4 months later...
Josh Bailey going to sign five million a year for five years ,and he happens to be JT best friend and linemate ,you could write it down JT staying with the icelanders

I?ll bet you 900 rep points JT leaves LI. I?ll bet you another 300 that he becomes a Ranger.

bet you a round of golf

Now we?re talkin .... A round of golf to the winner if he leaves or not, a case of balls if he becomes a Ranger or not.

Gettin close ..... :nervous:

It’s gotta be Islanders or Leafs. The rest of those teams will suck in 4-5 years, and unable to make moves during to cap restraints.

I cant see TB sucking in 4-5 years, Stevie Y can work some GM magic, he'll be forced to trade a couple of players but they have a bunch of young players that can step right in along with their youngsters that will just get better.

The lack of word may be good for Islanders. If he had informed the Islanders that he is not returning, word would have leaked out. If he is going back to the Islanders, they would be busy working out the small details of the contract and they would probably not announce it until 11:00 tonight, when it is signed and about to be faxed to the league.

The lack of word may be good for Islanders. If he had informed the Islanders that he is not returning, word would have leaked out. If he is going back to the Islanders, they would be busy working out the small details of the contract and they would probably not announce it until 11:00 tonight, when it is signed and about to be faxed to the league.

So if he’s not returning, word would have leaked out, but not the other way around? Actually, if he wants the 8 years with the Isles, he has to sign by midnight tonight. So the longer there’s no word, the worse it is for the Isles.

So if he?s not returning, word would have leaked out, but not the other way around? Actually, if he wants the 8 years with the Isles, he has to sign by midnight tonight. So the longer there?s no word, the worse it is for the Isles.
No he doesn't. He can get the 8 years from NYI at any time. The re-signing team can offer 8, other teams can max 7.

No he doesn't. He can get the 8 years from NYI at any time. The re-signing team can offer 8, other teams can max 7.

Not according to the NHL writers/insiders. Everyone has been saying that in order to qualify for the eighth year, he must sign tonight. Because he only remains their property until then. If he hits July 1, he is considered a free agent, and can only get seven years. From anyone.

Well, it makes technical sense. You own players "rights". Once you become a UFA, your rights are unrestricted, so why should the team you used to play on be given special treatment on the open market? That treatment was their option prior to you making it to market.

Archived