• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Take a Flier on Jagr?

The Dude

Why does the player HAVE TO BE young? If they can score and score often, then what does the age matter? Money? Miller is going to get paid and paid handsomely for his inconsistent play.

Get talent in here please. Regardless of age.

Naw, I?m done with bringing in old players....the Jagr idea I?m not even sure where to start.

Get some talented youth and do this correctly.

Who cares if the impatient fans are upset for a year or two....they are the ones still screaming shoot on the PP...i tuned them out years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If the Rangers plan on selling everything, Grabner and Nash included, Jagr is fine to play out the year with. But I seriously doubt they'd put in a claim after he was made available (likely for pennies on the dollar) for the last number of weeks with no takers.

That would be my thought. if it's a fire sale, why not bring back a universally-loved and respected legend to play out the string here.

There is young there is old and there is Jagr. He’s almost 50. Seems reasonable to break down your core to replace it with some guys who you can build around like 50 year olds.

I know just a fill in until they get some players. Why not see what you have in the system? At least those guys may have a future.

Jagr would be the typical ranger punchline league wide. The guy is done. The rangers don’t need to sell tickets when they are already sold. When they are done trading away the Whomever they will already have one all time great unhappy with the situation. They don’t need another to come here to throw salt in that wound

Honestly I can’t believe this is even a discussion

Googling it shows it was only beat writers suggesting bringing him back last season and this season. So, it wasn't anything from Jagr that was floated out there. I apologize.

As for Renner. My bad. I forgot they got rid of the Jagr regime to bring in the Gomez/Drury shit show.

Jagr, Shanny, Drury, and Gomez were all together in 07/08. Drury and Gomez, although cup winners themselves, didn't have the same presence that Jagr and Shanny had. Renney was more comfortable with 19 and 23. So instead of bringing either of them back, they signed Redden.

We should be dealing some of our players ( those that are tradable) for what ever draft picks, prospects and/or team controlled players we can get. So we can lose games and can move up the draft rankings. So yeah, we may need people to fill the roster. Jagr is still a name.

Also I saw an article that said Elliot Friedman made note we were scouting Michael Lindqvist along with Lawrence Pilut, Par Lindholm, Joel Persson.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There is young there is old and there is Jagr. He’s almost 50. Seems reasonable to break down your core to replace it with some guys who you can build around like 50 year olds.

I know just a fill in until they get some players. Why not see what you have in the system? At least those guys may have a future.

Jagr would be the typical ranger punchline league wide. The guy is done. The rangers don’t need to sell tickets when they are already sold. When they are done trading away the Noe they will already have one all time great unhappy with the situation. They don’t need another to come here to throw salt in that wound

Honestly I can’t believe this is even a discussion

Agreed. We're not running a farewell tour here. Who gives a fuck? I feel for the guy who's been battling to get into the show that loses a potential roster spot and a chance to play in the NHL. For what? A guy that's played 8 zillion games ? Fuck outta here. I'd rather see an AHL lifer get a month in the league.

Agreed. We're not running a farewell tour here. Who gives a fuck? I feel for the guy who's been battling to get into the show that loses a potential roster spot and a chance to play in the NHL. For what? A guy that's played 8 zillion games ? Fuck outta here. I'd rather see an AHL lifer get a month in the league.

What was it you said to me? About sounding like a parent who cries about their shitty kids playing time, when I talked about wanting to see Nieves get a chance with offensive talent? And here you would rather see an AHL lifer play over a guy who still has some game breaking ability in him at age 6,245? Jagr produced last year. He could contribute more than anybody in Hartford AT THIS MOMENT.

It's not about a farewell tour. It's about still going for it and adding a player who has more potential to add offense on a now offensively starved roster. Nobody in Hartford could put up 40+ points in the NHL this season. None.

He's got low mileage for the season and is better than any option worth putting on the roster at this time. I don't burn a year for Chytil or Andersson now. If they win the next 5 in a row, my opinion on that changes. Imo adding Jagr improves the chances of that happening. I mean they picked up fucking McLeod with little complaint from anyone... Bring up Jagr and people get bent out of shape....

Oh you are still talking go for it mode. I thought the discussion concerning that had kind of finished. If that is the case yes bring him in. I just hope the pens don’t bring back Mario if not I like our chances. Do you think if we can get jags the rangers would also then not sell but maybe make a trade for maybe Marc savard or pronger. That would fix our holes at center and at defense. Might even be the start to a dynasty

Oh you are still talking go for it mode. I thought the discussion concerning that had kind of finished. If that is the case yes bring him in. I just hope the pens don?t bring back Mario if not I like our chances. Do you think if we can get jags the rangers would also then not sell but maybe make a trade for maybe Marc savard or pronger. That would fix our holes at center and at defense. Might even be the start to a dynasty

This ....stole what i was going to say

What was it you said to me? About sounding like a parent who cries about their shitty kids playing time, when I talked about wanting to see Nieves get a chance with offensive talent? And here you would rather see an AHL lifer play over a guy who still has some game breaking ability in him at age 6,245? Jagr produced last year. He could contribute more than anybody in Hartford AT THIS MOMENT.

It's not about a farewell tour. It's about still going for it and adding a player who has more potential to add offense on a now offensively starved roster. Nobody in Hartford could put up 40+ points in the NHL this season. None.

He's got low mileage for the season and is better than any option worth putting on the roster at this time. I don't burn a year for Chytil or Andersson now. If they win the next 5 in a row, my opinion on that changes. Imo adding Jagr improves the chances of that happening. I mean they picked up fucking McLeod with little complaint from anyone... Bring up Jagr and people get bent out of shape....

Nieves didn't lose his roster spot to Rod Gilbert. If you think adding Jagr makes the team more of a contender, well, that's on you. And if they're surrendering the season, I's rather see you play than Jagr.

I agree with Phil that it wont happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Jagr could mentor the youngins. It's a farewell tour for the man who essentially turned this franchise around. Imagine the media coverage/potential for $ to be made. Sells tickets/gives the NYR a marquee name after selling off prize horses. Post-season (not playoffs) media coverage of his final tour (photos/dvds/etc you name it) similar to Gretzky. There's a lot of business sense.

Beyond anything, it's a distraction for both media and fans around what this team is going though this season, should they be rebuilding on the fly for a potential run in the next/coming year(s).

I heard Jagr doesn't really care to mentor kids at all. Really just doing it for himself

Archived