• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Take a Flier on Jagr?

The Dude

Jagr is on waivers. I think he could fit. Most certainly can help jump start the PP.

Nash - Zib - Buch

Miller - Hayes - Jagr

Zucc - DD- Grabner

McLeod - Holland - Carey

Can Vesey be sent down? He's been invisible for most of the season and may need to play more minutes to get back on track. Top minutes in Hartford, and see how he reacts. If not, scratch him for a few and insert him over McLeod or Carey.

Report: Flames place Jagr on waivers

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1463207

I disagree with this entire post. Jagr is old and slow, and we need to get even younger and faster. Vesey has been a solid 3rd line guy this year. If you were expecting a top 6 player, I think that was too high.

I'm thinking about THIS year with a move like this. Not the future.

I disagree about Vesey. Even as a third liner he has been very lack luster and really has played poorly as compared to last season. He's not noticeable out there at all. Hes kinda bringing nothing at the moment.

Why would the rangers want to send Vesey down in favor of Jagr? Does development not matter? What would that say or do for Vesey as far as being part of the future of this team? You might as well trade him if you are to do this at all. But seriously Jagr is what 46? What’s the point?

Why would the rangers want to send Vesey down in favor of Jagr? Does development not matter? What would that say or do for Vesey as far as being part of the future of this team? You might as well trade him if you are to do this at all. But seriously Jagr is what 46? What?s the point?

I agree with Phil that it wont happen, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Jagr could mentor the youngins. It's a farewell tour for the man who essentially turned this franchise around. Imagine the media coverage/potential for $ to be made. Sells tickets/gives the NYR a marquee name after selling off prize horses. Post-season (not playoffs) media coverage of his final tour (photos/dvds/etc you name it) similar to Gretzky. There's a lot of business sense.

Beyond anything, it's a distraction for both media and fans around what this team is going though this season, should they be rebuilding on the fly for a potential run in the next/coming year(s).

If the Rangers plan on selling everything, Grabner and Nash included, Jagr is fine to play out the year with. But I seriously doubt they'd put in a claim after he was made available (likely for pennies on the dollar) for the last number of weeks with no takers.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And if they aren't selling everything? Again. I'm going at this for THIS season. Meaning, still not giving up. That'd be why I posted that lineup.....

Or as a guy to hold down the fort for after they deal Nash and or Grabner. He costs zero assets now. That'd be why they go for him now VS Calgary trying to trade him?

BTW thanks for correcting the spelling of the thread title.

From what I know, Slats and Renney lied to both Jagr and Shanahan during and following the 08 season. Strung them along believing they'd be back, when in fact Renney wanted no part of either one of them. There was bad blood there. Knowing a bit about the situation, I'd say no way it happens. That was a while ago though. Currently, I have no clue if Slats and Jagr are over it, which I guess is possible.

From what I know, Slats and Renney lied to both Jagr and Shanahan during and following the 08 season. Strung them along believing they'd be back, when in fact Renney wanted no part of either one of them. There was bad blood there. Knowing a bit about the situation, I'd say no way it happens. That was a while ago though. Currently, I have no clue if Slats and Jagr are over it, which I guess is possible.

I believe it was rumored that Jagr wanted back to the Rangers prior to last season, so I think he's over it .

I can totally see Renney not wanting the both of them back. I'd imagine they ran the locker room, and probably had more of the rosters trust and ear than the coach. At the end, they were all gone that summer no?

I believe it was rumored that Jagr wanted back to the Rangers prior to last season, so I think he's over it .

I can totally see Renney not wanting the both of them back. I'd imagine they ran the locker room, and probably had more of the rosters trust and ear than the coach. At the end, they were all gone that summer no?

A fan rumor, or a real rumor? I don't remember that.

Shanny and Jagr were both FA after the 08 season. Renney was fired near the end of the next season.

A fan rumor, or a real rumor? I don't remember that.

Shanny and Jagr were both FA after the 08 season. Renney was fired near the end of the next season.

Googling it shows it was only beat writers suggesting bringing him back last season and this season. So, it wasn't anything from Jagr that was floated out there. I apologize.

As for Renner. My bad. I forgot they got rid of the Jagr regime to bring in the Gomez/Drury shit show.

That I’m down for, as long as player is younger

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why does the player HAVE TO BE young? If they can score and score often, then what does the age matter? Money? Miller is going to get paid and paid handsomely for his inconsistent play.

Get talent in here please. Regardless of age.

Archived