• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2016-2017 Out of Town Scoreboard

Pete

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brass vs Zib

Love it.

I actually don't love a matchup with the Sens. They're one of those teams who aren't good enough to just play hockey, so they muck things up and just try to get BS goals. Basically, they know they don't have the talent the Rangers do, and they know it, so they'll play exactly like TBL did last night. That makes me just as nervous as playing against Carey Price does.

This season has been so much fucking fun to follow.

Brad Marchand is leading the rocket richard race right now.

Three guys are tied with 76 points for the league-lead in scoring, INCLUDING CONNOR FUCKING MCDAVID, from your potentially playoff-bound Edmonton Oilers. What a fucking sentence.

TOR is legit my second favorite team in the league. I love them. In fact, the only guy I don't really care for on their roster is Matt Hunwick. "But philly, what about Matt Martin?" Have you watched TOR's fourth line? It's awesome.

Soshnikov - Boyle - Martin

Brent Burns - just wow. What a fucking season he's having.

And the rookies...

Holy fucking shit, the kids in the league are amazing right now.

I'm able to look at Carolina's roster and say, "yeah, I wanna watch these kids play."

I am willingly watching the fucking Jets just cause I wanna see Laine's wrister.

The list goes on and on, and it ends with me gushing over the fucking Maple Leafs again - Matthews (and TSN's obsession with his "cold streak" of five games currently), Marner, Nylander, Zaitsev - just fucking wow.

Playoffs are close, BSBH, and I'm excited as fuck!

Ain't nobody got time for dat, though I definitely shit first thing I wake up. Haven't shaved in 10 years, except that one fucking no-shave-november I did.

FUCK THAT.

Showering is more of a weekly thing for me...

But hockey, metal, and weed in the mornings - that's what I do.

Scoring is down drastically. When was the last time we finished a non-lockout season with no 100 points or 40 goals scorers?

No 40 goal scorers?

Marchand has 12 games to pot four.

Crosby has 13 games to pot five.

Malkin also had 13 games to pot seven.

MaxPax, Laine - each have 12 games to pot seven.

Of those, I think Marchy hits it, not sure about the others. Crosby has kind of cooled off, I guess.

I do agree that we will probably NOT have anyone with 100 points, but there are still guys tearing up the league over a PPG, so, I'll say this, "who cares?"

Who cares if we don't have a 40 goal scorer?

Who cares if we don't have anyone over 100 points (I bet Kane goes on another fucking tear here and reaches it, lol)?

The league is so exciting right now, even if scoring is down.

Way exciting

4 superstars all with less than 2 years experience.

Mcdavid leading NHL in points

Eichel has 2nd most points in last 35 games I read ?

Mattews and Laine are already studs

Also have 3/4 of fantasy team and came very close to getting Eichel for Kreider and Duchene back in December

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No 40 goal scorers?

Marchand has 12 games to pot four.

Crosby has 13 games to pot five.

Malkin also had 13 games to pot seven.

MaxPax, Laine - each have 12 games to pot seven.

Of those, I think Marchy hits it, not sure about the others. Crosby has kind of cooled off, I guess.

I do agree that we will probably NOT have anyone with 100 points, but there are still guys tearing up the league over a PPG, so, I'll say this, "who cares?"

Who cares if we don't have a 40 goal scorer?

Who cares if we don't have anyone over 100 points (I bet Kane goes on another fucking tear here and reaches it, lol)?

The league is so exciting right now, even if scoring is down.

I care. Because it's symptomatic of a greater league-wide issue. It's great that McDavid, Eichel, Laine, and others are on the rise, but the league itself is suffering from a lack of scoring and that has a direct affect on the entertainment value of games. That, in turn, affects ratings, which affects revenue, which affects the salary cap, which affects everyone.

If scoring increased, like we've seen in the NBA, the eyes follow. That benefits everyone because it increases revenue which increases the salary cap each year.

For teams like the Rangers, who regularly spend close to the ceiling, that's incredibly important.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What does, then?

I forget which podcast I was listening to, but one of the dudes mentioned scoring chances being what drives entertainment value and I kind of agree. While there are likely going to be more scoring chances in a 7-6 game, a 2-1 game can still be as entertaining.

I'm also not willing to think that only skaters (forwards and defensemen) drive excitement. A great save in a tight game can be just as exciting as a goal.

With that being said, I definitely understand your points, especially to someone who may only casually be into hockey. That person will likely want to see a higher scoring game. And with that comes extra revenue, etc. Sure.

I just don't think that scoring is the only thing that drives excitement or entertainment value.

Scoring chances. An exciting play that ends in a huge save is just as entertaining as ending in a goal. Of course that is my opinion and I know not everyone feels that way.

edit - Dammit when I opened this thread before my lunch break Phil had the last post. Now it looks like I just copied what you said haha

Lol, well at least now I know I'm not the only one. Also fucking lol at you using italics as well. hahahha

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Scoring chances

Nothing is worse for entertainment than cheap goals, which is why I made the point in the thread about shrinking goalie pads. You want excitement, add chances, not goals on unscreened shots from the wing.

Anyways, goals per game is higher than it's been since 2010-11 at 2.77. In 2010-11, it was 2.79.

Archived