• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2016 Traverse City Tournament

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rangers beat Dallas 5-4 in shootout. Were trailing 4-2 in 3rd period. Goal scorers were Stromwall (2), Kovacs and Nieves. Vesey and Stromwall both scored in the shootout to win the game

Thanks for the update, mate, I've been working dog's hours and am way behind.

Nice to see Kocur 26 and an Anisimov-type-looking chap 89 back in the lineup :rofl:

OK Vesey and Buchnevich ... I am stoked.

I hope Sean Day gets it together; the the guy has tons of talent (and would be a shame to waste, though we've seen that story many times before) that he needs to match with work ethic to make the NHL.

I'm the complete opposite. These games are so low level and unexciting to me. Only really interested in how Vesey and Buchnevich look. They're the only two with a real shot at the roster. Nieves has a very outside chance. On the other hand' date=' the World Cup is pretty fun so far.[/quote']

I'm interested in Nieves more from a longer term perspective. Long outside chance he may get some NHL time on 4th line Centerman duty with Lundberg being down

I really hope this kid's play translates well to the NHL level. The kids are making me so excited for this season.

Is there any precedent for guys doing well in Traverse and then playing well with NYR?

With the lack of productive young guys, I can't think of any time that has happened.

Is there any precedent for guys doing well in Traverse and then playing well with NYR?

With the lack of productive young guys, I can't think of any time that has happened.

Lindberg had a good tournament a few years ago, that I remember. Scored a bunch of goals.

Well yea, but I don't remember any of them being as productive as Vesey and then immediately turning that into NHL production.

It doesn't translate all too well. Stepan was the last person to kill the tournament (10ish points maybe?) and make the team if my memory serves me correctly. Killed it with Grachev and such became the hype that Grachev and Stepan would be lethal together.

Lindberg did really well in terms of most recent but didn't make the team anyway.

It doesn't translate all too well. Stepan was the last person to kill the tournament (10ish points maybe?) and make the team if my memory serves me correctly. Killed it with Grachev and such became the hype that Grachev and Stepan would be lethal together. Lindberg did really well in terms of most recent but didn't make the team anyway.

Stepan was the last player to have a Vesey type performance I believe.

Hayes

Duclair

Miller

Kreider

I can't remember a player looking as good as Vesey

It doesn't translate all too well. Stepan was the last person to kill the tournament (10ish points maybe?) and make the team if my memory serves me correctly. Killed it with Grachev and such became the hype that Grachev and Stepan would be lethal together.

Lindberg did really well in terms of most recent but didn't make the team anyway.

Hmm, yea, guess there's nothing really there lol

Stepan is a precedent I guess but one guy does not make a pattern.

Archived