• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Could Add Buchnevich Late in Season; Graves, Drury Both Scouting in Russia

Phil

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for shits n giggles, I'd recommend following @josh_khalfin on Twitter. He's just a kid, but he's really good about aggregating a lot of the stuff about Buch, including highlights of his play and that sort of thing.

Says that basically everyone in Russia knows that Buch is leaving and is saying anything from a "couple days" to February.

This article suggests February, a la Kuznetsov.

Another player of "Severstal", which should not to finish the season in February. Buchnevich lacks stability, but it has great potential, and he can shoot at any moment. Everyone knows about the intentions of the attacker to go overseas next summer, so the club makes no sense to hold it. The only question is, what he wants the player himself? It is no secret that for his performance scouts watching "Rangers", so it is possible that the ending of the season Buchnevich may already hold in North America, as it did at the time Yevgeny Kuznetsov.

http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-237357-kto-mozhet-smenit-komandu-do-dedlajna-ot-sjateri-do-kagarlickogo.html

I hate Etem as much as the next guy, but why bring in our best offensive prospect to just play in a low role and have to learn the NA game on the fly? Sounds like a bad idea.,

See above.

just because Buch could be taking Etem roster spot doesn't mean he would be playing the same low role as Etem.

The Ranger have a few candidates for that spot

just because Buch could be taking Etem roster spot doesn't mean he would be playing the same low role as Etem.

The Ranger have a few candidates for that spot

Yea, if Buch comes, pencil him in almost immediately as a winger with Stepan and Kreider. If he can accept a lesser role though, it's always good to have a talented guy in your bottom 6.

:tweet: Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie To those asking: According to several sources, these rumors about Buchnevich are unfounded...Situation to be revisited at end of KHL season.

Note: An NHL team/personnel is not permitted to discuss the future contract status of a player who's under contract with another team, even if it's a KHL team. This came up with Washington/Kuznetsov. Not saying that's what is happening, but it's a possibility.

:tweet: Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie To those asking: According to several sources, these rumors about Buchnevich are unfounded...Situation to be revisited at end of KHL season.

Note: An NHL team is not permitted to discuss a player who's a member of another team, even if it's a KHL team. This came up with Washington/Kuznetsov. Not saying that's what is happening, but it's a possibility.

I think that's almost certainly what's happening. That doesn't mean the rangers are certainly going to bring him over any time soon, but I woudln't be surprised if they're just trying to keep everything on the hush hush.

It makes sense for him to come over after the KHL season ends. His contract is finished. He's not making the playoffs. Why not get a jump start on the move to North America? If you recall Zuccarello did this and played about 10 games with us before our playoffs started.

Very risky bringing him here this year. He's already stated that he wouldn't come here to play in the A. He's obviously looking for a secured spot here, and I'm not confident AV is going to give it to him unless he's sound in all 3 zones. If gets nailed to the bench for stretches, it could be an oil/water mix before this kid even gets used to the league, and the surroundings here.

No, I've only seen him play at world juniors, but what are your options?

First, I don't think they're desperate for a top 6 fwd. Secondly, their options are indeed limited because of cap space. I just don't think it's realistic to believe that a 20 year old with 0 NHL experience is going to have a long term impact for the rest of the season, and the playoffs. Can it happen? It's possible, not probable.

By all accounts he is dominate against men in the second best league in the world. I think it's more likely than not he has a impact on this team. I also disagree that we aren't desperate for a top six winger. Stalberg etem and fast your answer? Point 3..... What's the harm? Kreider and Zuccarello both got brought in late season for a playoff push and I recall the two of them in those years being among our best forwards.

Very risky bringing him here this year. He's already stated that he wouldn't come here to play in the A. He's obviously looking for a secured spot here, and I'm not confident AV is going to give it to him unless he's sound in all 3 zones. If gets nailed to the bench for stretches, it could be an oil/water mix before this kid even gets used to the league, and the surroundings here.

I think that's a pretty fair concern...though I'd say fuck it and plug him in the top 6 tmrw if I could lol

By all accounts he is dominate against men in the second best league in the world. I think it's more likely than not he has a impact on this team. I also disagree that we aren't desperate for a top six winger. Stalberg etem and fast your answer? Point 3..... What's the harm? Kreider and Zuccarello both got brought in late season for a playoff push and I recall the two of them in those years being among our best forwards.

Kreider was playing on pure adrenaline, and scored a few goals coming off a NCAA title. He didn't understand the game. Shit, he still doesn't. He was benched more than he played. Wanna blame Torts? Well AV cut him from his opening night roster 2 years later. Zic was raw too. They're much better players now than they were then.

Kreider was playing on pure adrenaline, and scored a few goals coming off a NCAA title. He didn't understand the game. Shit, he still doesn't. He was benched more than he played. Wanna blame Torts? Well AV cut him from his opening night roster 2 years later. Zic was raw too. They're much better players now than they were then.

In both cases they were among our most impactful forwards. Not bringing buchnevich over because he may not be totally polished is in my opinion a mistake. There's no doubt in my mind from what I've read about him and the little I've watched he is the best fit for the top 6 RW role that clearly no one has been able to fill.

In both cases they were among our most impactful forwards. Not bringing buchnevich over because he may not be totally polished is in my opinion a mistake. There's no doubt in my mind from what I've read about him and the little I've watched he is the best fit for the top 6 RW role that clearly no one has been able to fill.

Kreider was the most impactful forward in the 2012 playoffs? He had 7 points in 18 games. Zuc's best playoff was 13-14. As far as regular season goes, Zuc has been their most impactful forward this year, and this year only. You understand that AV likes rookies about as much as you like getting kicked in the balls, right? This kid already seems to think his shit don't stink, so that right there will cause a problem when his ice time slips.

AV has no choice. he's given a roster and he has to make the lines.

but "common knowledge" is that AV doesn't trust rookies and he'd rather play vets.

but i think he does have a choice on what type of players for the gm to get to fit his system,and i think his system is going to be his downfall

but i think he does have a choice on what type of players for the gm to get to fit his system,and i think his system is going to be his downfall

Regardless, it takes a lot for him to trust rookies. That doesn't mean they won't play, it's just his preference to have vets out there over a rookie even if both players are somewhat equal. Some respond well to it, some don't. Nature of the beast.

Archived