• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the new Deftones album a few weeks ago, I'm not blown away by it. It's "good" but probably not heavy enough for me. I call it good driving music....especially with my kids in the car. Obviously this isn't 1999 Deftones anymore but previous albums always included a few heavier songs.

Anyway, on the more "metal" level I've been listening to alot of Devildriver lately thanks to Pandora and their new album. This is probably the most "metal" I've listened to in awhile.

[video=youtube;wu-zQ_BJ45I]

Love the new Deftones. They've progressed into that calmer sound for a while now, but there are still heavy tracks.

New Thrice is amazing, too.

In the heaviest news, Behemoth are recording again. Gonna be seriously difficult for them to top the perfection that was The Satanist, but their writing has been getting better every album. I'm excited.

Love the new Deftones. They've progressed into that calmer sound for a while now, but there are still heavy tracks.

Yeah, that's more your style. I'm still pretending it's 1999 ;) I'm just glad they are still putting out new music and will forever support them even with the calmer sound. Their sound is definitely more family friendly these days.

that shit is right up my alley. i can't stand this synth sound' date=' and[b'] these guys are just abusing the d [/b](maybe they're dropped more), but i really can't help but bob my head along to this shit.

are they christian?

Wait can we go back to this comment because...PHRASING lol

Also, guys I need help and don't know where to turn. I've got a song stuck in my head but am not sure I know a single lyric. It's the one that goes

Keep on, keep on runnin, keep on keep on runnin.

Something somethin somethin where your neighbors ahead

We don't stop runnin in the land of the dead

Can't confirm any of those lyrics, but it's kind of like a chant. It's driving me crazy. I thought it was joker and the thief originally, but it's not. I konw this isn't a lot of help but I'll give an imaginary million dollars and trade Dan Girardi to whoever helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Pars, I know a couple of people who went to the shows here in New York and they said they were awesome. I haven't listened to them in years, but I used to love going to their shows in my teenage years. Enjoy the show man. I swathes with Silent Majority, it was a sick ass show, we use to know Ryan from Silent Majority, we worked with his girlfriend, so we used to go to all the shows here.
  • Like 1

Pars, I know a couple of people who went to the shows here in New York and they said they were awesome. I haven't listened to them in years, but I used to love going to their shows in my teenage years. Enjoy the show man. I swathes with Silent Majority, it was a sick ass show, we use to know Ryan from Silent Majority, we worked with his girlfriend, so we used to go to all the shows here.

Awesome. I've haven't seen Sick of it All since 09'. Since the arrival of my kids, concerts have been few and far between.

There was no way I was going to pass this up. Plus this newer venue in Philly is supposedly really great for shows.

Awesome. I've haven't seen Sick of it All since 09'. Since the arrival of my kids, concerts have been few and far between.

There was no way I was going to pass this up. Plus this newer venue in Philly is supposedly really great for shows.

Thats awesome. Yeah, its been a while for me as well. There have been a ton of shows I wanted to go to, but like you, with kids here its harder to go. They pretty much closed down most of the small venues here, so I don't think there are many outside of the main ones anymore. I think the Paramount and the new place in Westbury are the only venues left. Both are nice, but they can also get expensive. Enjoy the show man.

Thats awesome. Yeah, its been a while for me as well. There have been a ton of shows I wanted to go to, but like you, with kids here its harder to go. They pretty much closed down most of the small venues here, so I don't think there are many outside of the main ones anymore. I think the Paramount and the new place in Westbury are the only venues left. Both are nice, but they can also get expensive. Enjoy the show man.

Can't beat the small venues. Philly has a bunch unfortunately the drive in from the burbs in the evening will be brutal probably 1-2 hours just to go 30 miles or so. It's a sacrifice worth making.

Deftones are in the big cities in early August. I'd like to catch them too. We'll see.

Can't beat the small venues. Philly has a bunch unfortunately the drive in from the burbs in the evening will be brutal probably 1-2 hours just to go 30 miles or so. It's a sacrifice worth making.

Deftones are in the big cities in early August. I'd like to catch them too. We'll see.

I wanted to go to GNR, but they are only playing MetLife, and its a pain in the ass getting out of there for concerts, could take 2-3 hours to get out sometimes. I hope they come back around and play the Garden over the fall/winter. Im not big on outdoor concerts because if it rains, it could suck.

I wanted to go to GNR, but they are only playing MetLife, and its a pain in the ass getting out of there for concerts, could take 2-3 hours to get out sometimes. I hope they come back around and play the Garden over the fall/winter. Im not big on outdoor concerts because if it rains, it could suck.

Yeah, I've lucked out at summer venues at Jones Beach and at Penn's Landing over the years with good weather. Give me a venue with a few hundred people inside somewhere small and I'm happiest.

Weird . Silent Majority just played a show on Long Island a few days ago. Heard it was amazing as always.

Yeah, I've lucked out at summer venues at Jones Beach and at Penn's Landing over the years with good weather. Give me a venue with a few hundred people inside somewhere small and I'm happiest.

I went to one show at Jones Beach where it poured and it was so heavy and windy that you couldn't enjoy the show. I lucked out another time there where it rained for STP and RHCP and I had seats under the upper level, so we stayed dry. I went to PNC for Ozzfest one year and it poured and we were just covered in mud, same with Warp Tour one year at Randall's Island. You can't enjoy the music when your getting soaked. Give me a small indoor venue and I love it. I love the intimate venues.

Weird . Silent Majority just played a show on Long Island a few days ago. Heard it was amazing as always.

Yeah, a lot of the old bands from the 90's are playing again. Snap case and VOD played here one either LI or in Brooklyn a couple of months ago.

Yeah, a lot of the old bands from the 90's are playing again. Snap case and VOD played here one either LI or in Brooklyn a couple of months ago.

Reaaallllly? Love me some Snapcase. I'm going to have to look into this. VOD is good too but I've never seen Snapcase, nor did I know they were still playing.

Plenty of LI venues still packing out shows.