• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

That episode was a bit disappointing for me. Very..uh...dry, I suppose is the word, by comparison to the last two.

Lots of VERY good acting, and lots of very, very important story, but it seemed like a lot of posturing more than anything else.

oh, and I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed with Ygritte. Was expecting something...fuller?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought that Jaime and Brienne scene was fantastic. Totally forgot about Stannis and a daughter.

The Stannis scenes really pissed me off. I think it's because Selyse is a spineless cunt of a character, mostly, and Stephen Dillane just isn't in the same universe of actor as the rest of them. He's just so insanely awkward.

It looks like D&D have decided that Shireen and Patchface will be one character, which should be interesting since the girl who plays Shireen seems quite spot on.

They're doing such a great job again this season. Fantastic episode. Loved the Clegane/Dondarian fight sequence opening the show, and the heart-to-heart between Jamie and Brienne was probably the best sequence of acting yet in the show. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau nailed it.

Agreed, when watching that scene even my wife mentioned what a great actor he really is. amazing scene. Also Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister...man he's so fucking good..talk about screen presence......what an amazing job he's doing..amazing. Love that character and he just simply owns every scene he's in.

Agreed, when watching that scene even my wife mentioned what a great actor he really is. amazing scene. Also Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister...man he's so fucking good..talk about screen presence......what an amazing job he's doing..amazing. Love that character and he just simply owns every scene he's in.

This. In every scene he's been in, there's never any question as to who is the most powerful person around. The episode was decent. My wife feels a ton of compassion for Sansa.

I am totally in love with the acting by all the Lannisters, they all nail there respective roles.

Robb also did a good job this episode, while Jon remains a bit weak in comparison.(as does his part of the story)

Loved the fight betwenn Beric and the hound, though I'd say they normally would have fought outside and not in a cave lol.

Those fetuses were really unnecessary and creepy.

I've got a thought on a change from the books that I will post in the group.

That episode was a bit disappointing for me. Very..uh...dry, I suppose is the word, by comparison to the last two.

Lots of VERY good acting, and lots of very, very important story, but it seemed like a lot of posturing more than anything else.

oh, and I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed with Ygritte. Was expecting something...fuller?

Yeah I agree. Not my favorite episode. Ygritte was certainly hot enough for me, although I would have recommended that Jon bathe with her before he ate her stinky box.

Is it odd that I get really excited for every Theon scene? I just love how vile and evil theyre making (I'll leave him unnamed here) him. He's so much worse than Joffrey yet I dread Joffrey scenes because hes evil in different ways. Maybe I just get excited thinking about the reaction from people who only watch the show.

Is it odd that I get really excited for every Theon scene? I just love how vile and evil theyre making (I'll leave him unnamed here) him. He's so much worse than Joffrey yet I dread Joffrey scenes because hes evil in different ways. Maybe I just get excited thinking about the reaction from people who only watch the show.

You're most definitely not alone in being excited over Theon's... journey.

That said, it's almost incredible how the televised version of this all pales in comparison to the truly gory details of the book. Still, they're doing a tremendous job of really selling this to the television crowd.

Oh, no doubt, but I didn't wanna get too deep into that in this thread for the sake of the non-readers. I can only imagine the struggle they have not only with having to sit through this, but in wondering what the hell it's all happening for.

I think he who shall remain nameless made light on that tonight with his "because I like it" line.

Archived