• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Also, for expansion draft purposes they probably want to see Bitetto dress for 19 games.

Correct. Is Johnson so much better than Bitetto to justify putting the team in a worse position on draft day? On the other hand, if Bitteto does not get 19 games, a similar player who does have the 19 games can be had cheap before the draft (same thing with goalies).

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Miller looks neither overwhelmed nor unconfident. He's been one of the few bright spots thus far.

He looks passive. And again, I'm not saying he looks bad. I think he will be really good, but right now, top minutes aren't what's best for him. Isn't he supposed to be a physical type? He handles the puck like it's a grenade. Hesitant to shoot.. I don't know, I guess it's just me. I feel like they are rushing him.

He looks passive. And again, I'm not saying he looks bad. I think he will be really good, but right now, top minutes aren't what's best for him. Isn't he supposed to be a physical type? He handles the puck like it's a grenade. Hesitant to shoot.. I don't know, I guess it's just me. I feel like they are rushing him.

I’m not sure which player you’re watching. Handles the puck like a grenade?? Man I see him as one of the most sure-handed dman of the bunch after Fox.

And no he’s not overly physical. He’s always been a defender who jumps into the rush. He actually plays a lot like trouba without the physical element — which may come in time.

Can't say I agree. Miller has never been considered a physical defender. His strongest attributes are his defensive stickwork and his gap control. He's not going to muscle someone if he doesn't need to. It's just not a part of his game. He plastered someone pretty easily against the Penguins when digging for the puck last game. That's about the most you'll get from him. He's at his most useful in transition both offensively and defensively. He's done a strong job defending thus far and has demonstrated confidence in leading a rush on several occasions. Did you not see him barreling out of the corner? He's hard to miss and hard to stop.

Maybe a little passive, but what's really impressed me is how calm he looks.

I think this is at the coach's direction. There have been a few times it look like he wanted to skate the puck or join the rush, but instead made a simple dump in or pass, or stayed back. This has been what I was most impressed with. It looked like he was picking good times to go, but there's nothing wrong with doing the simple, right play. I can only remember 2 times he left his point to go deep into the offensive zone.

I imagine we see him being more aggressive (physically on defense, and joined the rush offensively) as we progress.

Had 5 hits last game and they generally seemed smart. Wouldn't call that non-physical.

Miller looked pretty solid last night...I loved his stripping of Sid behind the net, and also hounding Pens players in the D zone all night. His skating ability looks really good to me, and I gotta say this guy is becoming an Ozzy-Fave really quickly!!! Lots of things about this kid's game to be thrilled about so far for me! :thumbs:

Miller looked pretty solid last night...I loved his stripping of Sid behind the net, and also hounding Pens players in the D zone all night. His skating ability looks really good to me, and I gotta say this guy is becoming an Ozzy-Fave really quickly!!! Lots of things about this kid's game to be thrilled about so far for me! :thumbs:

100% agree buddy.. He looked like a lost kid against the Isles day 1, ever game his gets a bit more steady.. He was arguably the most noticeable guy on the ice last night.

100% agree buddy.. He looked like a lost kid against the Isles day 1, ever game his gets a bit more steady.. He was arguably the most noticeable guy on the ice last night.

Before he got hurt, Chytil was doing pretty well too, Flynn. I liked his game last night, albeit was only for just under 2 periods. But Miller? Yeah man, I like what this guy brings to the table! They have him listed at 210, but that's probably with rocks in his pockets!! :rofl:

Can you imagine what he'll be like at 225 or 230 Lbs??? Good Lord!!

No surprise going with Georgie tomorrow, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either.

You know, I was watching the postgame last night and Valiquette was talking about Shesterkin, and how he played a pretty solid game but was going to be judged by the 2 shit goals he let in. I know Valley was a goalie, but shit, dude!!! Isn't that what goalies take on that role for. I'm not feeling bad for Shesty in that situation. That second goal made me projectile puke, and the third one was terrible as well.

I don't know what game Valley was watching, but the guy only faced 19 shots, and only 4 in the 3rd period (crunch time)!!!! 2 of which went in!!! That shot that scored on the second goal couldn't break a pane of glass!

He's gotta be better than that! I'm sorry....you wanna tell me some of the breakaway goals were tough chances, ok I'll buy that.

..deflections? Sure fine!

...But that shot from the side boards from Jarred McCann (of all people)??? That guy couldn't hit the fucking ocean if he was standing on the dock, and he floats a biscuit past him?? Please!!!

I've seen enough postgame bullshit from MSG...We've all been fans of this team, some of us over 40 years. They don't have to "sell" them to us...we're not going anywhere!!! We're stuck with them!! LOL

I like Shesterkin. I'm a huge fan, and I'll support the hell out of him, but he sucked monkey balls in the 3rd last night and it cost the game.

No surprise going with Georgie tomorrow, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either.

You know, I was watching the postgame last night and Valiquette was talking about Shesterkin, and how he played a pretty solid game but was going to be judged by the 2 shit goals he let in. I know Valley was a goalie, but shit, dude!!! Isn't that what goalies take on that role for. I'm not feeling bad for Shesty in that situation. That second goal made me projectile puke, and the third one was terrible as well.

I don't know what game Valley was watching, but the guy only faced 19 shots, and only 4 in the 3rd period (crunch time)!!!! 2 of which went in!!! That shot that scored on the second goal couldn't break a pane of glass!

He's gotta be better than that! I'm sorry....you wanna tell me some of the breakaway goals were tough chances, ok I'll buy that.

..deflections? Sure fine!

...But that shot from the side boards from Jarred McCann (of all people)??? That guy couldn't hit the fucking ocean if he was standing on the dock, and he floats a biscuit past him?? Please!!!

I've seen enough postgame bullshit from MSG...We've all been fans of this team, some of us over 40 years. They don't have to "sell" them to us...we're not going anywhere!!! We're stuck with them!! LOL

I like Shesterkin. I'm a huge fan, and I'll support the hell out of him, but he sucked monkey balls in the 3rd last night and it cost the game.

Valley is paid not to shit on the team. He knows neither goalie has been good so far. But it also doesn't help to have the media shit all over them.

Everyone knows they need to be better - and soon - or else the season will be in the toilet before it even starts.

Valley is paid not to shit on the team. He knows neither goalie has been good so far. But it also doesn't help to have the media shit all over them.

Everyone knows they need to be better - and soon - or else the season will be in the toilet before it even starts.

yeah, I hear ya 3-1....I just feel like they're making lots/too many of excuses for this team. They can just call it as it is, they don't even HAVE to shit on them. We can take care of that!! LOL This fan base for the most part, I think has a pretty good amount of experience to figure out that second goal was a disgrace.

...kinda reminded me of those old Vanbiesbrouck shots against the Pens from '91...Here: This one will give you the willies..... :rofl:

yeah, I hear ya 3-1....I just feel like they're making lots/too many of excuses for this team. They can just call it as it is, they don't even HAVE to shit on them. We can take care of that!! LOL This fan base for the most part, I think has a pretty good amount of experience to figure out that second goal was a disgrace.

...kinda reminded me of those old Vanbiesbrouck shots against the Pens from '91...Here: This one will give you the willies..... :rofl:

Still not convinced that even went in, and there's no fucking way the ref would know from where he was standing.