• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Jack Johnson to 1-Year Deal; $1.15M AAV

Phil

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 1 year, I don't think they're assuming he's Anthony DeAngelo.

I’m not saying he is ADA. I’m saying he replaces a guy they feel is in a log jam , Fox is pp one RD, Trouba is pp2 RD. There are already reports and plenty of rumblings they don’t consider ADA long term and bringing in another D that literally adds nothing except offensive mindedness gives me the impression they are likely moving on and figure at least we get a sort of cheap replacement that fills the correct side.

Just think if the reasoning is that, it’s a mistake. I can’t see why on earth else thry would bring in this trash of a player no one else wants.

I’m not saying he is ADA. I’m saying he replaces a guy they feel is in a log jam , Fox is pp one RD, Trouba is pp2 RD. There are already reports and plenty of rumblings they don’t consider ADA long term and bringing in another D that literally adds nothing except offensive mindedness gives me the impression they are likely moving on and figure at least we get a sort of cheap replacement that fills the correct side.

Just think if the reasoning is that, it’s a mistake. I can’t see why on earth else thry would bring in this trash of a player no one else wants.

I don't think the New York Rangers are assuming he's going to fill DeAngelo's shoes if they decide to trade him. It literally has nothing to do with DeAngelo.

The reasoning they brought him in is JD likes him for some reason. I don't know why, but at 1x1 does it really matter? If DeAngelo is traded it's because he redundant and too expensive, not because Jack Johnson was signed.

I don't think the New York Rangers are assuming he's going to fill DeAngelo's shoes if they decide to trade him. It literally has nothing to do with DeAngelo.

The reasoning they brought him in is JD likes him for some reason. I don't know why, but at 1x1 does it really matter? If DeAngelo is traded it's because he redundant and too expensive, not because Jack Johnson was signed.

Ok great.we have established we disagree lol.

Yes, it always matters when you play bad players. No matter how much (or little) you pay them. He makes the team worse.

?Jack Johnson has never been on a team in his 14 year NHL career to win even one playoff round.?

Welcome back home, Jack Johnson.

?It?s tough to get the internet to agree, but anyone with a functioning brain would come to the conclusion that Jack Johnson is one of the worst players in the NHL.?

Insane in the brain...

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes, it always matters when you play bad players. No matter how much (or little) you pay them. He makes the team worse.

Sure. I'll wait to see what happens the rest of the way. I'm assuming Miller could make the team and push Johnson to the press box. Or Robertson. Or any of these kids that are on the verge.

If the Rangers opening night lineup has Brendan Smith and Jack Johnson then, well, yeah, it's an issue.

I genuinely can't believe this. We're screwed. What do you think happened in Pittsburgh? Martin played this clown 20 mins a night last season and then he got fired and Johnson got bought out because the Pens couldn't take it anymore. Now we end up with both of them. You think he's gonna be advocating sitting him here? He's gonna be playing his ass top 4 minutes again.

I genuinely can't believe this. We're screwed. What do you think happened in Pittsburgh? Martin played this clown 20 mins a night last season and then he got fired and Johnson got bought out because the Pens couldn't take it anymore. Now we end up with both of them. You think he's gonna be advocating sitting him here? He's gonna be playing his ass top 4 minutes again.

He's definitely playing and the rational probably is "put him in situations to succeed" but it's utter BS. Literally he was one of if not the worst option out there. I'm confused. It's day one, but we didn't address bottom six in any way unless you say a guy like Rooney as a 13th fwd, nor did we address any possibility of veteran leadership. Still early, but a bad day 1 for us.

This expansion draft fodder is a stretch. I highly doubt many of them are even of interest to Seattle.

He's a 7th D on a team not expected to make the playoffs making like 1/78th of the cap.

I wonder if the NHL just feels bad for him because his paren't robbed him, so they keep paying him.

Thats all fine and great but the point of acquisitions is to trend up towards making the playoffs and building. He, in no way. does that. Also, these couple of seasons of flat cap are the time you might really be able to get lucky on a piece for the next 2-3 years you might not get otherwise.

This. He's averaged basically 19 minutes his career. This desire to have rookies like Miller or whomever step in and suddenly be amazing isn't likely. Hope isn't a strategy. They're playing this guy and the team is going to suffer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk