• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Jack Johnson to 1-Year Deal; $1.15M AAV

Phil

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hell, i would rather have had an Andy Greene on our 3rd pair, or just waited to see who was left after the frenzy and might be willing to come cheaper on a one year deal. What would have been the worst, JJ signing elsewhere? Not likely and would have been better for us anyway lol

I just don't see him with his ties to JD and JM bringing him here (JM having rolled him out there for 20 mins just last season) to send him to Hartford under any circumstances. Why did they need to grab him on day one if he was going to be marginalized like that, look I hope you're right I would bet he was brought here to play, sadly.

He's played 20 minutes, roundabout, every season, including last year for Martin. There's little reason to think he won't again. Especially with Staal gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There's no reason to think he will.

Staal didn't even play 18 a game last year.

But, I can't wait for all the whining about how Johnson is holding us back when he's even and playong 15 minutes a night..."Well if we had someone better, they could play more and suck less!"

This is the typical complaning before there's anything to complain about. It's not like they can't waive and demote.

It's not like they couldn't have signed someone who isn't abject shit, either.

I hope like hell you're right and he basically never plays. I just don't think you will be. They signed him to play him and everything about his history suggests it's going to be a disaster.

That's for no money and 1 year.

This isn't the move that will undo them.

That said ... Wonder who his partner will be.

It's not like they couldn't have signed someone who isn't abject shit, either.

I hope like hell you're right and he basically never plays. I just don't think you will be. They signed him to play him and everything about his history suggests it's going to be a disaster.

There's no reason to think he will.

Staal didn't even play 18 a game last year.

But, I can't wait for all the whining about how Johnson is holding us back when he's even and playong 15 minutes a night..."Well if we had someone better, they could play more and suck less!"

This is the typical complaning before there's anything to complain about. It's not like they can't waive and demote.

Have you seen his stats the last few years? It is AWEFUL. I can?t post screen shots here but someone on the Rangers Facebook thread posted a screen shot of his ranking and it was jaw droppingly BAD. This ISN?T complaining before there?s anything to complain about. There?s a LOT to complain about, not just from last year but several years.

Financials was just a small portion of why he was bought out in Pitt. His play was the major reason for it.

Have you seen his stats the last few years? It is AWEFUL. I can?t post screen shots here but someone on the Rangers Facebook thread posted a screen shot of his ranking and it was jaw droppingly BAD. This ISN?T complaining before there?s anything to complain about. There?s a LOT to complain about, not just from last year but several years.

Financials was just a small portion of why he was bought out in Pitt. His play was the major reason for it.

Dude he makes nothing on a one year contract.

No one should complain until we see how he's being used.

If he's awful and gets waived then sent down, then who cares?

Why anyone would spend mental energy on being upset by this is beyond me.

Because they signed him instead of a guy less likely to be waived and sent down for sucking. They'll then need to replace him with someone else who will cost additional dollars from a pool less likely to include good options. Bad decisions tend to have ripple effects.

Because they signed him instead of a guy less likely to be waived and sent down for sucking. They'll then need to replace him with someone else who will cost additional dollars from a pool less likely to include good options. Bad decisions tend to have ripple effects.

Phil... They signed him for $1.5 million. That didn't stop them from signing anyone else they might have wanted to sign.

You should be mad at management, not the player.

But every game night and night out you will blame the player. This isn't a guy who just got awarded money and term and trade protection.

Yeah, except for, you know, every recordable statistical category, but who the fuck cares about data or outcomes amirite!? "Character... etc."

"Hey, Jack..."

"Yeah, Adam?"

"Can you teach me to be a career minus-114?"

"Watch and learn, bro."

He won't drive much as far as outcomes go if he's used sparsely, and correctly. He will, however, have an opportunity to impart a wealth of knowledge and experience on a young, impressionable group.

This is obviously something a NHL FO values, and bloggers do not.

Dude he makes nothing on a one year contract.

No one should complain until we see how he's being used.

If he's awful and gets waived then sent down, then who cares?

Why anyone would spend mental energy on being upset by this is beyond me.

Actually YES we should be complaining. Its not just one year, it several years where he?s been that bad. This team need upgrades on D. Signing the statistically worst D man in the league and ?hoping? he turns it around(even though he has gotten progressively worse the last few years) is not the way to go about it.

Just don?t sign him and either wait till thing flesh out free agency wise or just go with what you have.

Actually YES we should be complaining. Its not just one year, it several years where he?s been that bad. This team need upgrades on D. Signing the statistically worst D man in the league and ?hoping? he turns it around(even though he has gotten progressively worse the last few years) is not the way to go about it.

Just don?t sign him and either wait till thing flesh out free agency wise or just go with what you have.

What's his singing stop us from doing? They can still sign anyone they want to.

Again, wasted mental energy.