• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

I guess?:

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - Strome - Kakko

Lemieux - Howden - Fast

Haley - Andersson - Namestnikov

McKegg

Skjei - Trouba

Staal - DeAngelgo

Hajek - Fox

Smith

If so, the obsession with Howden is out of control.

bottom 6 in practice is

Namestnikov - Howden - Fast

McKegg - Andersson - Lemieux/Haley

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking that periodic rotation of Andersson and Howden between 3 and 4 can both keep the competition hot and help manage some of the endurance issues that came up last year. We'll see if that's what he does. (Provided Howden doesn't crap out completely.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

so, essentially "fuck earning it"? Quinn preaches it, and the battle between the 2 had a very obvious winner during camp.

Krav and Chytil obviously needed time in the AHL. There are now some very good players down there and the Rangers are MUCH deeper than they were a year ago. I like Haley and McKegg staying up. It's obvious that their roles are in the press box or as the 12th forward.

BTW, Ranger twitter is an embarrassment right now. It's almost as if people want "their player" to succeed over the team.

Haley and Mckeeg's spots are shaky. McKeeg was nonetheless impressive. Haley got his ass kicked Saturday, but suspect he'll be scratched most nights anyway. If Chytil and Kravstov show anything in the first 15-20 games they'll be back here shortly.

Haley and Mckeeg's spots are shaky. McKeeg was nonetheless impressive. Haley got his ass kicked Saturday, but suspect he'll be scratched most nights anyway. If Chytil and Kravstov show anything in the first 15-20 games they'll be back here shortly.

I just pray we dont have another AV/Glass situation where our coach gets obsessed with a useless player and constantly shoves him into the lineup.

I don’t really mind Krav and Chytil starting the season in Hartford.

They should have split a cab with Howden though. I have no idea what the rationale is for him making the team apart from “playing the game the right way” or some such nonsense. I understand even less if he’s 3c ahead of Andersson based on what we’ve seen. Apart from his first month and change he’s shown nothing to suggest he’s ready, and imo those 3 on a line in the A would make a lot of sense.

Hopefully he makes me look stupid. :thumbs:

so, essentially "fuck earning it"? Quinn preaches it, and the battle between the 2 had a very obvious winner during camp.

So, maybe rotation is the wrong word. But I've said before that a huge fuck-up for Quinn in his first year was failing to see - and make adjustments - when Pionk and Howden could no longer handle the spots that they won out of camp. Key to that with Howden is somehow not seeing when he was completely gassed. I don't think that just because Andersson has won the job out of camp (if he actually did) that it means he automatically gets it for the whole season. As we have seen with all of the young guys, their play will not stay static, it will go up and down and may go way up and down. And they have to build up to handle a whole NHL season. So I would like to see more fine tuned management of both performance and endurance. If somebody is consistently dominant, keep them higher up the chain. But if they're consistently struggling, move them down. And don't assume that what's true on September 30 will be true in December or February.

Lines will not stay the same throughout the year. We do this same song and dance at the start of every season. I don't know why people get hung up on 3C vs 4C when it simply doesn't matter. Howden was good enough to make the team. Where he ends up will figure itself out.

Fine but dont get upset when I call out Quinn for doing this throughout the season.

Maybe its just the foreign wingers? Is Quinns forum handle Puck Head?

Based on what?

Howden completely drowned in his first NHL season. Whatever you think of Namestnikov he?s a perfectly serviceable NHL player. Howden, based on available evidence, is at best borderline.

You said Names is a superior center. He's not. which is why he hasn't been given the second line center tryout.