• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Training Camp Thread

Phil

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I say hajek or lindgren. They dont want young players on the bench

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Right. Smith with likely be the 7th dman/swing forward. I also wonder if they'll try to keep Morrow around. He'd be a decent 7th as well.

Depending on who rounds out the 4th line, you could have your three extra players be Smith, Morrow, and McKegg

Right. Smith with likely be the 7th dman/swing forward. I also wonder if they'll try to keep Morrow around. He'd be a decent 7th as well.

Depending on who rounds out the 4th line, you could have your three extra players be Smith, Morrow, and McKegg

Honestly, if Smith keeps playing like he did in the pre-season, I think he gets the spot on that pairing with Fox and whoever stays up rotating. Hopefully Smith can have a good season and they can move him at the deadline.

I guess?:

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - Strome - Kakko

Lemieux - Howden - Fast

Haley - Andersson - Namestnikov

McKegg

Skjei - Trouba

Staal - DeAngelgo

Hajek - Fox

Smith

Not a bad lineup, and you can play that 4th line more often. You need 4 lines that can score in todays game.

Quinn pretty much made all the obvious choices in the end.

Can we at least give Quinn a modicum of credit here? Nobody here had Chytil in HFD. Few if anyone had Kravtsov in HFD. Nobody had Haley on the team.

He made some tough choices - sending Chytil to Hartford takes some stones.

maybe one year we'll all realize that this stuff always happens in the first couple weeks of the season, first 10 games or so. They play twice in the first 2 weeks... Better to have the kids in the AHL playing, than sitting around.

Guarantee you this is not on the roster that dresses by Thanksgiving.

maybe one year we'll all realize that this stuff always happens in the first couple weeks of the season, first 10 games or so. They play twice in the first 2 weeks... Better to have the kids in the AHL playing, than sitting around.

I suppose preseason AHL + training camp + the additional game is a win for some of the kids.

Can we at least give Quinn a modicum of credit here? Nobody here had Chytil in HFD. Few if anyone had Kravtsov in HFD. Nobody had Haley on the team.

Maybe at the break of camp, but it was pretty obvious by the end.

Sending the guys down that have options and retaining those who do not isn't really ballsy.

I think a few here wondered if Chytil would actually make the team. Personally, I thought a roster spot was up for grabs between Chytil and Kravtsov and that Kravtsov had won the spot. I'm a bit surprised that both are down there, but not in a bad way.

The Wolfpack play 1 extra game in that time span. I'm not sold that this has anything to do with scheduling. Quinn simply didn't think either were good enough at the start to make the team. They could be called up at anytime though, so I agree that this roster will most likely look quite a bit different come Thanksgiving. And I don't mean different because of injuries, though that is also possible.

I've been thinking that periodic rotation of Andersson and Howden between 3 and 4 can both keep the competition hot and help manage some of the endurance issues that came up last year. We'll see if that's what he does. (Provided Howden doesn't crap out completely.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk