Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Reading about Morgan Barron gives me a woody. 6-4 215 and getting it done at College playing a competitive schedule.

In fact it seems like we are cornering the market on late round picks that are developing
    Apparently Rykov turned into some kind of meat beast too - he's 6'3 225 and can still skate well.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Apparently Rykov turned into some kind of meat beast too - he's 6'3 225 and can still skate well.
    Wow...that's big. Also read somewhere that K'Andre, outside of Kravtsov, was the best player on the ice during the prospects skates. Starting to look very promising on our prospect front.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

2019 Off-Season Thread: Let's Get This Bread, Man

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Wow...that's big. Also read somewhere that K'Andre, outside of Kravtsov, was the best player on the ice during the prospects skates. Starting to look very promising on our prospect front.
    Iíve loved that pick since the rangers made it

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

agreed. almost to the point that i really don't care if we get Panarin or not. These kids have so much potential if everything breaks right we can be down right beastly in 2 years.

they were even touting Huska this morning on the radio, basically saying how deep we are in net. Have to think we can move one of those assets for a decent return in the next year or two.

I'm really hoping JD gets the right staff in place in Hartford. That's almost paramount at this point to what is going on at the Garden.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    They saw a lot of Rykov with their scouts being in Russia so much over the last several years. They were very high on him despite him only being a 5th round pick. It’s starting to seem like maybe they were right about him.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    agreed. almost to the point that i really don't care if we get Panarin or not. These kids have so much potential if everything breaks right we can be down right beastly in 2 years.

they were even touting Huska this morning on the radio, basically saying how deep we are in net. Have to think we can move one of those assets for a decent return in the next year or two.

I'm really hoping JD gets the right staff in place in Hartford. That's almost paramount at this point to what is going on at the Garden.
    I really want Panarin, but the Rangers will be just fine if it doesn't happen. It's a great position to be in, where plan B makes pretty much as much sense as plan A.

He absolutely has to get it right in Hartford. The coaches and staff there will be dealing with many of these kids over the next several years and will have a huge influence over their development

When it’s all said and done for him in this role, good part of what JD will be evaluated upon will be tied to Hartford and what he does there.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I really want Panarin, but the Rangers will be just fine if it doesn't happen. It's a great position to be in, where plan B makes pretty much as much sense as plan A.

Agreed.
    If Panarin signs, it’s a huge addition and it makes them better immediately and accelerates things by at least half a season
    But if he signs elsewhere , staying the course with the kids should not upset anyone.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Miller up to 6’5, 210
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Good god, man. I really like the direction of this team. Big, strong skaters with skill. I think we're in for a real treat in the coming years.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 06-28-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Pananrin needs to be taken on a tour that includes: (1) the lovely Elmont area near the race track; (2) a rush hour drive from the Islanders' practice rink at Eisenhower Park to Barclays; and (3) crossing Hempstead Turnpike in Uniondale on foot. "I want to be a part of it, LI, LI". After that, they should take him to skate on some slush and finish the day with a trip to a planning committee meeting with yapping Long Island residents doing everything in their power to stop or delay the new rink.
    While you're not wrong on any counts as a born and raised LI'r can I (respectfully) say "F YOU!"?

Wrong Island

where the hell is uniondale doo dah doo dah
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    While you're not wrong on any counts as a born and raised LI'r can I (respectfully) say "F YOU!"?
    There's the Gold Coast, the South Shore, out east and the rest....the utter crap that is really ugly overtaxed Queens East. All with 3 traffic-clogged highways that are always a mess.

Senior Member Junior Division
    So, if Panarin doesn't seem realistic after free agency opens up. How about an offer sheet for Marner? Or maybe low ball the Leafs to take Nylander off their hands?

Shattenkirk 1/2 retained
    Buchnevich
    Georgiev
    And 2 conditional picks based on Nylanders 1st two years production?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    So, if Panarin doesn't seem realistic after free agency opens up. How about an offer sheet for Marner? Or maybe low ball the Leafs to take Nylander off their hands?

Shattenkirk 1/2 retained
    Buchnevich
    Georgiev
    And 2 conditional picks based on Nylanders 1st two years production?
    If the Rangers don't get Panarin it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Can't offer sheet though. We're not in a place to give up a 1st let alone 4. gotta hang on to those picks. That's the only way to sustain.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Miller up to 6’5, 210
    Good god. Our blueline is going to be fucking terrifying.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Panarin is a tremendous player. But if the bid is close to $11.7/12 million per for 7 years, no way. Would mean Kreider and some other useful pieces would be gone. likely in fire sale market. And further assuming we get lucky and a lot of the young ones pan out, 3-4 years out we are the Maple Leafs.

Senior Member Squirt Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Rangers can only hope they have 3 guys deserving of getting paid like Tavares, Matthews and Marner.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Rangers can only hope they have 3 guys deserving of getting paid like Tavares, Matthews and Marner.

Right? No one will be complaining if Kakko and Kravtsov are Matthews and Marner in 3 years.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

IMO, if we don't get Panarin, we should offer sheet Aho. Carolina is lowballing him like mad, and I don't really care if we get in a pissing match with a division rival. Plus, he's a Finn who crossed over real well.
    Hidden Content

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast