• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Subban Wearing Nashville Welcome Out; Does New York Make Sense?

Jonathan Davis of nhl.com said on Sirius today he thinks Subban has wore thin on a lot of his teammates in Nashville and that there is some desire to move him. He specifically said that the rangers seem to be a very good fit and that they will probably inquire. He does think Nashville would have to eat some money to move him but nobody would “shed a tear” if he was moved. Not sure what the cost would be but I can totally see a move like that for the rangers.

Thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he not have personality issues in MTL as well, at least with the management if not teammates? I know he donated a shit load of $$$ to the children's hospital, and I'm not saying he is a shit bag of a person, but seems he's developing a reputation of being difficult to work with.

As far as the player goes, I'd much rather have 4 years of PK at ~$6.5M than 7 years of Karlsson at ~$9M. That said with the current state of the Rangers, I'd don't think PK would be the best player to insert into a room full of youngsters, especially with no strong leader on the team.

Did he not have personality issues in MTL as well, at least with the management if not teammates? I know he donated a shit load of $$$ to the children's hospital, and I'm not saying he is a shit bag of a person, but seems he's developing a reputation of being difficult to work with.

As far as the player goes, I'd much rather have 4 years of PK at ~$6.5M than 7 years of Karlsson at ~$9M. That said with the current state of the Rangers, I'd don't think PK would be the best player to insert into a room full of youngsters, especially with no strong leader on the team.

I'm thinking it might take more to get Subban, though. i think we could get Karlsson without losing our prospects. I dont think that happens with Subban.

Would need Shattenkirk to waive.

Jonathan Davis of nhl.com said on Sirius today he thinks Subban has wore thin on a lot of his teammates in Nashville and that there is some desire to move him. He specifically said that the rangers seem to be a very good fit and that they will probably inquire. He does think Nashville would have to eat some money to move him but nobody would “shed a tear” if he was moved. Not sure what the cost would be but I can totally see a move like that for the rangers.

Thoughts?

Yes please. Love that dude.

It's a logistical issue, as well. How do you deploy both Subban and Shattenkirk to get the most out of each given they are both PPQBs? Someone will suffer for lack of ice time.

That too. Unless you justify splitting them in a power play unit each. But either way I?d only want one.

#9, Skjei, and an extra third-round pick gets your foot in the door — one this team has no business putting their foot into. This is the antithesis of a rebuilding move.

If we did that I'd be off supporting the Calgary Flames.

No thanks, this is the type of move that should be made when we are ready to contend. Only way they should be trading any of their 1st rounders should be to move up in this draft.

Rangers have already said they may look at trading a 1st for an already established young player. I doubt they'll make 3 picks in the 1st.

No thanks, this is the type of move that should be made when we are ready to contend. Only way they should be trading any of their 1st rounders should be to move up in this draft.

Vodka is focused and correct.

Hey guys, Shatty's NMC changes to a modified clause for the 2018-19 season. Nashville would probably be on the OK list. Edmonton on the other hand....

I'm fine with that but when they say young, I'm hoping they mean under 25 years old.

Bingo, again! And if I can elaborate, any trade acquisition should not be eligible for UFA for at least 3 years, preferably 4.

Rep this shit.

This was speculation I think from Davis and the rangers are kicking tires everywhere. I just thought it was interesting and could totally see this as a ranger type move. He’s in his prime would bring a lot of buzz, help fill a massive hole and give a perfect player to sell. Downside is how it retards the rebuild. I’m 100% against it but it is interesting and if I had to choose I’d rather him than Karlsson. I think Karlsson just has to many hard miles on him where Subban doesn’t.

This was speculation I think from Davis and the rangers are kicking tires everywhere. I just thought it was interesting and could totally see this as a ranger type move. He’s in his prime would bring a lot of buzz, help fill a massive hole and give a perfect player to sell. Downside is how it retards the rebuild. I’m 100% against it but it is interesting and if I had to choose I’d rather him than Karlsson. I think Karlsson just has to many hard miles on him where Subban doesn’t.

It is the missing part of his ankle/foot that's the clincher. Add how he performed on it, this past year. If not for the injury, it would be no contest.

Anything they want except for the #9 pick and Chytil. Anything. This dude would instantly put this teams credibility on the map.

Tampas pick, NJs pick, DeAngelo, and Namestikov, with Nashville eating some salary.

Shit, do they want to throw in Rinne and take Lundqvist?

I'm surprised. I though PK was enjoying Nashville. I agree that we are not close enough to contention to make this kind of deal. A year from now, or even at the deadline, I suppose that could be different. Right now, we just don't really know what we've got.

Anything they want except for the #9 pick and Chytil. Anything. This dude would instantly put this teams credibility on the map.

Tampas pick, NJs pick, DeAngelo, and Namestikov, with Nashville eating some salary.

Shit, do they want to throw in Rinne and take Lundqvist?

DeAngelo? Lmao, you?re kidding right?

It's a logistical issue, as well. How do you deploy both Subban and Shattenkirk to get the most out of each given they are both PPQBs? Someone will suffer for lack of ice time.
Not that I want to trade for him or think we should pay them both...But...

They don't really do the same thing on the PP. I wouldn't call PK a QB. He's a shooter.

Shattenkirk could feed that one-timer all day...

Archived