• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Stay strong brother, distance makes the heart grow fonder. Be happy that you have a wonderful young lady somewhere that loves you. When you do see her again, you'll surely make up for all the the lost time.

Yeah, and last years summer feels like it happened last month and I hope that in 12 months from now I can book a single-fare ticket to the US with no necessary return ticket to go with it. It will be a long and tough year of college (just one more semester though, I hope), waiting on visa news and working on saving money.

got my internship info for London. Working for some historical society thing. Very excited. And I'm living in Earl's Court, a short walk to Hyde Park and a bit of a lengthier walk to Stamford Bridge. I'm pleased its rather close to where I'll be taking my classes, unlike other people who are farther away

I killed my sleeping schedule by napping on both flights (Newark-London and London-Brussels) and not going to bed earlier this evening. Now it's 3AM, it's starting to feel later in the evening - after all, 24 hours ago this was just 9PM - and I am getting hungry.

Alright, time for sleep attempt three and hopefully a chance to stop a potential jetlag.

Big thumbs up for British Airways by the way, who gave me a free upgrade from Coach to Traveller Plus comfort class, after I offered to volunteer if there was an overbooking, because I overheard the guy checking me in say it was "damn busy night". Apparently he appreciated my quickness, said he "couldn't give me another night in New York", but offered a free upgrade to the next class. Pretty neat.

I kinda hope Virgin doesnt upgrade me. Thatll just make me pissed because higher classes are allowed to bring more bags and that wouldve made my life a lot easier.

What's the charge for an extra bag? It's quick math: if the charge is lower than the cost of what you can't bring, but kind of need, check in an extra bag for the $50 they usually charge. It's very much worth it. Also, over seven inches of extra leg room (38" in total) on a 7 hour flight should never be denied. It is amazingly comfortable when you are tall.

I'm average height and I chose an aisle seat so I can put at least one leg in the aisle. I think I will be fine. Theres HBO-GO on the in-flight entertainment so I'll just marathon some Game of Thrones and I'll be in London in no-time.

Gotta love airlines with good entertainment options! :cool:

I watched The Avengers last night.

One of my best friends just told me he's been given a plane ticket by a world-class tech institute in Lausanne, Switzerland to talk to them about a job and a PhD. Yeah, you read that right, my buddy is being offered plane tickets and a trip to the Alps because he's coveted by schools to work at their labs. I am so excited for him, but this could be an earlier goodbye than we had thought and if I move to the US and occassionally visit The Netherlands, he's still a 10 hour drive away. It was hard for us both to find a balance between the excitement about the job and the reality about our friendship.

So I guess this is what everyone around here feels like when they talk to me about my plans. Honestly, I feel like a jerk right now.

I'm on 2.55 hours of sleep. Rag order today. Absolutely miserable

I had to do that yesterday...not working, per se. Just being out til 330am then getting a wake up call from my friend at 7am to go help out with Wekfest :/

They had a Porsche Panamera there to die for, Keith lol.