• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I take solace in knowing Phil is unhappy with today's weather. Granted, I'll be sweating later while wearing a bullet proof vest, long sleeves and a jacket, but knowing Phil is uncomfortable makes it worth it.

You don't have to wear a jacket if the temp is above 70. I haven't worn a jacket all week at work.

I take solace in knowing Phil is unhappy with today's weather. Granted, I'll be sweating later while wearing a bullet proof vest, long sleeves and a jacket, but knowing Phil is uncomfortable makes it worth it.

I do the same every time winter rolls around knowing you're gonna be shivering when the temp hits 50?F. ;)

For the record, I wasn't sweating that bad today. I intentionally walked in the shade this morning to avoid the sun, and managed to get to the office dry.

The weather right now is just shy of my breaking point. A few more degrees north and I'll be sopping wet, for sure.

We could do a test. Put Phil and a piece of ice in a scorching 75 degree room and see who gives in first

I'd bitch as soon as I walked in. "Why's it so warm in here?"

Phil, he's calling you a pussy. You gonna take that, bro?

I am, because it's totally true. Heat is my kryptonite, man. Doesn't matter how much bravado I go in with. I'll always go out like the chick on Maury who was afraid of chickens when the heat goes up.

You don't have to wear a jacket if the temp is above 70. I haven't worn a jacket all week at work.

I go in at 1930, so it'll be under 70 at that point by a few degrees. Plus everyone at roll call will be wearing a jacket lol. Sucks.

Fwiw, I'm still undecided about quitting.

What changed brotha?

Pension and benefits if the court thing doesn't come thru. But doing something you hate that makes you miserable for 25 years doesn't sound like it'll bode we'll for the psyche or emotional state either.

It's not that simple. You can get promoted and be an impact sergeant in Brooklyn New York working 7pm to 0405 am again, (like my sergeants) dealing with the same nonsense I am now, except you're at a higher pay grade. Idk, we deal with a lot of nonsense arrests and bs summonses and I don't like having no discretion because I HAVE to produce what they want. The hours and location breed misery and for my troubles I lose my nights, weekends and holidays, see my mother once every 2 months,have to choose which friend I can see this week on my bull shit Tuesday night off bc I basically have 4 hours of comparable time off with friends. It just sucks.

Also, making your gf cry bc you have to break plans for the Saturday night off you waited 3 months for bc the give you mandatory overtime (of standing around like a dick, doing nothing) or because you have to spend 28 hours straight processing arrest because the system you use to do so is a joke. It's perpetual frustration and misery for me, that I'm not sure i can ever get over.

Even if you end up in a good spot with a good tour, it can change any second unless you know someone huge or have a vagina.

Idk man. Seems like a hard 25 years. And my mentality is, what good is a pension at 50 if you lose sanity, happiness and relationships from 25-50 to get it.

That's the thing. Both of my old jobs said I can come back and I'd be making like 30k more than I am now. But I won't have medical benefits or a pension, as both aren't really careers. I'm in the applicant processing for a state job tha my friend is pretty much in charge of, but unless the state allocates enough money to hire people, I may not get it. I feel like I'm at the cross roads of my life and it sucks. But having options is better than the alternative of not having options, I suppose.

That's the thing. Both of my old jobs said I can come back and I'd be making like 30k more than I am now. But I won't have medical benefits or a pension, as both aren't really careers. I'm in the applicant processing for a state job tha my friend is pretty much in charge of, but unless the state allocates enough money to hire people, I may not get it. I feel like I'm at the cross roads of my life and it sucks. But having options is better than the alternative of not having options, I suppose.

Medical benefits are no longer a benefit. And by the time you retire, neither will a pension.

Ever think about transferring out of a big city? You'd probably enjoy the job a lot more, pay would be less (dollars) but would be worth more (cost of living), pick a shift you like, have a better chance of promotion, etc.

Medical benefits are no longer a benefit. And by the time you retire, neither will a pension.

Ever think about transferring out of a big city? You'd probably enjoy the job a lot more, pay would be less (dollars) but would be worth more (cost of living), pick a shift you like, have a better chance of promotion, etc.

At the end of the day, I just don't think I like being a cop. You do very little helping of anyone and a ton of nonsense that makes me hate myself. Plus my current gf would never move out of the city, and I ont think I'd enjoy it either...

At the end of the day, I just don't think I like being a cop. You do very little helping of anyone and a ton of nonsense that makes me hate myself. Plus my current gf would never move out of the city, and I ont think I'd enjoy it either...

The problem is that you are still in impact. There are units out there where you actually help people. My unit, I feel more like I am helping people and I like it. Except for dealing with the occasional asshole cop, detective or boss, I love what I am doing here. Like I told you, you need to get off patrol and into a unit. The only thing that sucks is that you need like 4 or 5 years on before you can get picked up for a unit. I love ECT, I get part of the weekend off, chart days and if I need a day, it's pretty easy for me to get. The only thing I don't like is that I am doing detective work, but the department won't make us detectives. Once your off probation, everything changes, and on e you get to 5 years time flys. I was determined to get out at 20 years, but now I am actually thinking about doing 25. It's another 14 years, but if everything stays the same, I won't mind.

I've never been asked so many times in my life if my last name is my actual last name than I have at my new job. I have someone different ask me almost everyday and when I say yes they start speaking to me in Spanish and I just look at them funny.

I've never been asked so many times in my life if my last name is my actual last name than I have at my new job. I have someone different ask me almost everyday and when I say yes they start speaking to me in Spanish and I just look at them funny.

When are you changing it to Clark?