• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Really exhausted. Need sleep.

Got a haircut today. My hair is the shortest it has been in like 2 years. Not sure at all if I like it. Feels too different. Not sure if I can keep it in my usual comb over variant or have to change my style.

#pubertyproblems

I know the feeling :(

See, the thing is, I love having a beard but no one else I work with does. We can have any facial hair we want, but I try to fit in with the other coaches. One has a goatee and one has a soul patch with a mustache (which looks awful on me). Every time I grow the beard in, I look at myself in the mirror and think I look great. Never get comments about it. Then, the day I shave it off, or turn it into a goatee or soul patch, I get comments like, "Wow, you look so much better like that!" and "You really should keep the soul patch, it makes you look so much younger!". People tell me the goatee looks great on me, but I really can't stand it. Guess I will go clean-shaven for a few weeks and then grow a light beard.

And here is another problem I have. Every time I grow the mustache in as part of a beard, within two or three weeks, I get little pimples under the hair that you can barely see, and soon, they can't be seen as it gets thicker, but they HURT LIKE HELL, for like two weeks, and then, the pain just goes away and never returns, even with the mustache on my upper lip for months. Anyone else have this problem?

See, the thing is, I love having a beard but no one else I work with does. We can have any facial hair we want, but I try to fit in with the other coaches. One has a goatee and one has a soul patch with a mustache (which looks awful on me). Every time I grow the beard in, I look at myself in the mirror and think I look great. Never get comments about it. Then, the day I shave it off, or turn it into a goatee or soul patch, I get comments like, "Wow, you look so much better like that!" and "You really should keep the soul patch, it makes you look so much younger!". People tell me the goatee looks great on me, but I really can't stand it. Guess I will go clean-shaven for a few weeks and then grow a light beard.

And here is another problem I have. Every time I grow the mustache in as part of a beard, within two or three weeks, I get little pimples under the hair that you can barely see, and soon, they can't be seen as it gets thicker, but they HURT LIKE HELL, for like two weeks, and then, the pain just goes away and never returns, even with the mustache on my upper lip for months. Anyone else have this problem?

I get the same problem but mine are on my neck and they wont go away, and I think that is why my neck is so sensitive and cut all the time.

I get the same problem but mine are on my neck and they wont go away, and I think that is why my neck is so sensitive and cut all the time.

Same here! Not pimples, just irritation and little bumps. I don't consider them pimples, just little bumps of skin. Oh, maybe they are, whatever-- you get the point. I have to be very careful when I shave my neck because I get cut so easily and there are marks all over it. My friend who has a magnificent beard does not shave his neck and tells me I should just let the hair there grow out, but I can't stand hair on my neck and personally think it looks unhygienic on other people. So every time I shave, no matter what facial hair I have, the neck gets shaved. I'm now using shaving cream for people with sensitive skin, and it really has not made a difference, at least not yet. I guess time will tell.

I don't like hair on my neck and I need to be very careful when I shave, the slightest slip and I am cut and my neck is all red, I use the same sensitive skin cream, still does not work well, I am making an appointment for a dermatologist to see if anything can prevent this.

I've tried moisturizer and even baby oil, and neither really does anything for me, though the latter does provide a soothing feeling for a few hours. Do you shave dragging the razor up your neck or down?

Down just like they show you on the commercials how smooth the shave is but then I use that same exact razor and it ain't fucking smooth at all, fucking false advertising.

I always shaved down too, but then someone said, "Oh, no no! You have to shave up!" so I tried up, and let me tell you, it's been much better. But every once in a while I'll forget, then I feel it.

Next time you save, try going up with the razor, just very carefully. Shaving is not like slicing steak, you can't go against the grain. :rofl:

I always shaved down too, but then someone said, "Oh, no no! You have to shave up!" so I tried up, and let me tell you, it's been much better. But every once in a while I'll forget, then I feel it.

Next time you save, try going up with the razor, just very carefully. Shaving is not like slicing steak, you can't go against the grain. :rofl:

Been there done that, still the same shit, my neck is so sensitive, no matter what I do.

I will, I was supposed to go last week but the Grams passed away so I had to cancel, haven't made around to reschedule yet.

Very sorry to hear that. You have my condolences. I saw it on your FB but never got a chance to say something.

I'm actually on my way to the hospital in a few minutes. My grandma went in Saturday, got diagnosed with a urinary tract infection, but the medicine gave her chest pains and she refused to see a doctor yesterday. Now she's back in the emergency room with those same pains and more in her back. I hope it's just bad gas caused by the pills and not another heart attack.

Glad to be young and only have to shave every few days with an electric.

That will change, grasshopper, that will change.

Senior year of high school, I was shaving once a week, maybe less. But when college began, it's 2-3 times a week now. Funny how that happened. That said, I guess I missed the boat on being one of those guys that has to shave daily.

Very sorry to hear that. You have my condolences. I saw it on your FB but never got a chance to say something.

I'm actually on my way to the hospital in a few minutes. My grandma went in Saturday, got diagnosed with a urinary tract infection, but the medicine gave her chest pains and she refused to see a doctor yesterday. Now she's back in the emergency room with those same pains and more in her back. I hope it's just bad gas caused by the pills and not another heart attack.

Well thank you Greggy appreciate it :) And yeah make sure your Grandma is careful and take care of her, make sure they watch the urinary track infection and the pains, my Grandma was having similar things and it led to Cancer, not saying this is what your Grandmother has, but make sure they monitor it correctly, the damn assholes at a hospital around here did not recognize my Grandma's cancer and say she had it for around 3 years and nobody knew.

My family wants to sue the hospital for being missed diagnosed. If they found this out even a year ago they could have saved her :(

But I hope everything gets better with your Grandma man, you have my prayers!

Well thank you Greggy appreciate it :) And yeah make sure your Grandma is careful and take care of her, make sure they watch the urinary track infection and the pains, my Grandma was having similar things and it led to Cancer, not saying this is what your Grandmother has, but make sure they monitor it correctly, the damn assholes at a hospital around here did not recognize my Grandma's cancer and say she had it for around 3 years and nobody knew.

My family wants to sue the hospital for being missed diagnosed. If they found this out even a year ago they could have saved her :(

But I hope everything gets better with your Grandma man, you have my prayers!

Thanks man. This is not the first time she has had one, and it runs in the family. But the additional pains is what bothers me. Didn't know antibiotics could cause them. Oh well, I'll keep you posted.

Funny thing is, my mom and my uncle got into a fight several years ago, and the only time the entire family is together is when my grandma is in the hospital. Saw him for the first time in years Saturday. Families sure are great that way. :rofl:

EDIT: Yes, you should sue. No rush though. I think the statute on medical lawsuits is like 8 years or so, at least in NJ.

Thanks man. This is not the first time she has had one, and it runs in the family. But the additional pains is what bothers me. Didn't know antibiotics could cause them. Oh well, I'll keep you posted.

Funny thing is, my mom and my uncle got into a fight several years ago, and the only time the entire family is together is when my grandma is in the hospital. Saw him for the first time in years Saturday. Families sure are great that way. :rofl:

EDIT: Yes, you should sue. No rush though. I think the statute on medical lawsuits is like 8 years or so, at least in NJ.

Yeah I have no clue how long to wait but she was missed diagnosed at least 2 years ago, and yeah gotta love families like that, don't worry we are all like that :rofl: At her wake I saw family members that I have not seen since 97 when my Grandpa died, I had no clue who half of them were, they were all like "Oh you got so big, omg your all grown up now" lol I'm saying to myself who the hell are you?

It was like that the whole time at the wake, each session from 7-10 on Wednesday and Thursday, we had over 350 people at the wake and I couldn't tell you who half of them were :rofl: My Grandma was a popular lady

Been there done that, still the same shit, my neck is so sensitive, no matter what I do.

You don't shave up or down, you shave with the way your hair grows. just like golf, you never go against the grain. If your hair grows down and out, shave that way. Also, one of the things that really isn't talked about much is how you wipe your face off afterwords. Never wipe with a dry towel, that's the worst thing you can do. It's abrasive and will cause irritation fast. Get a soft towel, dampen (not drench, dampen) with water and again, go with the way your hair grows and dab that way outwards.

I'd also suggest something like this, to put on after shaving: http://c3.soap.com/images/products/p/be/be-090_1z.jpg

I used to have the same kind of issues in high school and all of this helped a lot. :)