• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Call the Cup: Oilers or Panthers?

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's taking the glory?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/25/2024 at 12:00 AM

I always root for maximum chaos, so even though I said Panthers in 7, I want the Oilers to pull this off. The content would be incredible. But I said what I said. Panthers in 7.

• Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oilers win would be epic considering Rangers fans just spent a month debating how to beat the Panthers 🤣 

If the Oilers win, do the Rangers then change the game plan on how to beat the Oilers instead of the Panthers?  

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

If the Oilers win, do the Rangers then change the game plan on how to beat the Oilers instead of the Panthers?  

Are you trying to stay there is more than one way to win?!? How dare thou!!

Let's get some McDavid stem cells to create McDavid 2.0 and win the cup in 20 years.....(May not have another before then anyways).

Just now, jsm7302 said:

Are you trying to stay there is more than one way to win?!? How dare thou!!

Let's get some McDavid stem cells to create McDavid 2.0 and win the cup in 20 years.....(May not have another before then anyways).

Stem cells? Why do that when they can sign him when he turns 35 and is a shell of his former self instead?

• Bullseye 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Any team who gameplans all summer specifically to beat the team that eliminated them is doing it wrong.

Ice the best team possible and employ a strategy that caters to and gets the most out of your team. Every team wants to be bigger/faster/stronger/harder to play against. At this point it's as big a throwaway line as I've ever heard.

Simply put this team lacks playoff performers. Sprinkle some throughout the lineup and take another whack at it. Contracts will expire and moves will be made soon enough.

Florida will look different next season. Might not have their 60G guy. Edmonton might look different, might not have Draisaitl.

Worry about icing the best team you can can and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Any team who gameplans all summer specifically to beat the team that eliminated them is doing it wrong.

Ice the best team possible and employ a strategy that caters to and gets the most out of your team. Every team wants to be bigger/faster/stronger/harder to play against. At this point it's as big a throwaway line as I've ever heard.

Simply put this team lacks playoff performers. Sprinkle some throughout the lineup and take another whack at it. Contracts will expire and moves will be made soon enough.

Florida will look different next season. Might not have their 60G guy. Edmonton might look different, might not have Draisaitl.

Worry about icing the best team you can can and let the chips fall where they may.

Well thats what the Rangers do.....Get pushed around in the ECF vs. the Flyers, lets draft Huge Speciman....lets draft Dylan McIlrath to bulk up instead of drafting a Cam Fowler who could have been the offensive type D they needed at the time.  

Just seems they have drafted for how the league is presently rather than look ahead at how the league may possibly change.   

I agree with you, about icing the best team you can, and live for the present, I want this team to win a f'n Cup already so I can get rid of my season tickets.  lol!!!!  Didnt think 21 years in and I'd still be waiting.  I want them to go for it every year and maybe one year they'll get lucky.

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Stem cells? Why do that when they can sign him when he turns 35 and is a shell of his former self instead?

Mostly because getting his stem cells means that McJunior is 7 by the time we sign the OG

6 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Well thats what the Rangers do.....Get pushed around in the ECF vs. the Flyers, lets draft Huge Speciman....lets draft Dylan McIlrath to bulk up instead of drafting a Cam Fowler who could have been the offensive type D they needed at the time.  

Just seems they have drafted for how the league is presently rather than look ahead at how the league may possibly change.   

I agree with you, about icing the best team you can, and live for the present, I want this team to win a f'n Cup already so I can get rid of my season tickets.  lol!!!!  Didnt think 21 years in and I'd still be waiting.  I want them to go for it every year and maybe one year they'll get lucky.

McIlrath a few mins away from getting fitted for is third championship ring. Kid's a winner.😀

• LOL 1