• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

9 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

also love the 8pm start times for playoffs. 7pmgame I have to pretend to feel guilty for making my wife take care of the kids bath and bed time routine while i watch sports

One of my kids has been really dragging bedtime out past 8 lately. I’m going to try and nip that in the bud tonight

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

That's Barry Beck.  Shoot the puck!

Remember when Beck skated up behind a ref during a scrum and knocked the guy out the ref was trying to corral? Lol old time hockey!

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

also love the 8pm start times for playoffs. 7pmgame I have to pretend to feel guilty for making my wife take care of the kids bath and bed time routine while i watch sports

At least I don't have to smilingly wolf down dinner as I pretend not to while I'm missing the first period - as usually happens with a 7:00 start. But they know we're in no-fucking-around territory now and after Game 6, they want me as far away from them as the house will allow. (Apparently I didn't react well to the Aho goal.) So 8:00 allows me finish the dishes before I make my gentlemanly descent to the basement, where I can pace and yell and stomp and cuss to my heart's content.

And how is it only fucking 4 o'clock?

• LMFAO 2

10 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

At least I don't have to smilingly wolf down dinner as I pretend not to while I'm missing the first period - as usually happens with a 7:00 start. But they know we're in no-fucking-around territory now and after Game 6, they want me as far away from them as the house will allow. (Apparently I didn't react well to the Aho goal.) So 8:00 allows me finish the dishes before I make my gentlemanly descent to the basement, where I can pace and yell and stomp and cuss to my heart's content.

And how is it only fucking 4 o'clock?

lol my wife was not happy with me at 3-1

• Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

lol my wife was not happy with me at 3-1

My wife watches every game w me. She went to bed when it got to 3-1. She's well conditioned to my foul mouth but I really went over the edge lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

AI is some scary shit.

It's not a bad quality by whoever, although he/she needs to be nailed by X....

I don't listen to Levy all the times, but I had not heard him throwing some F-bombs around in news conferences....

19 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

AI

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

AI is some scary shit.

Absolutely. Tbh if it wasn’t for the language and you weren’t paying close enough attention to the lips it could totally pass. It sounds so close to his real voice, even has some of the slight hesitations/quiver/whatever thrown in there. Wild stuff

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I came here to bitch about the start time, but you guys already have that covered. My 8 YO is pissed. Great job, NHL. Fucking losers.

I'm pissed.  I'm usually in bed by 9:00, dozing off by 9:30, fighting to keep my eyes open to watch the end of Rangers game.  

• LMFAO 1

Posted (edited)

Farg! I’m going to miss this series. Travel to Italy this week is messing with my NYR addiction. Real early travel

to Florence tomorrow. Can’t wait to read this thread on the train. 

Bring home the win BSBH! You guys can send our beloved NYR squad strong winning vibes. Do this hockey thing. LFGR!

Edited by 4EverRangerFrank
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Listen, at the end of the day, all of the rampant speculation, the pundit picks, the models, the fancy stats, the Vegas odds, none of it means anything. When this team plays at their top level, they can beat anyone. And the reality is, we just need to go barely over .500 for the next 14 games to be Champs. 8-6 would be heart attack inducing, but it would still do it. 

Now, "at their top level" means everyone firing on all cylinders 100% of the time. It means Fox getting back to Fox, Igor being Igor, Bread being Bread, etc. But this team is deep enough that someone can always pick up the slack (cough Kreider cough). 

Keep it tight, keep it disciplined, don't take any shit, and press hard. And in the end, prove everyone wrong. 

Let's go Rangers!!!

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Believe 1

25 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Farg! I’m going to miss this series. Travel to Italy this week is messing with my NYR addiction. Real early travel

to Florence tomorrow. Can’t wait to read this thread on the train. 

Bring home the win BSBH! You guys can send our beloved NYR squad strong winning vibes. Do this hockey thing. LFGR!

Free streams in Europe.

• VINNY! 1

Vince mercoglisno broke it down pretty well on his pod.

rangers 3rd and 4th lines need to be good this series. There opportunity here to out play them. Their 4th line is horrendous and can be scored on. 

let’s hope Bob had a bad series too.