• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Not saying our two penalties aren’t deserved, but it still looks we’re getting jobbed in our own building.  Hard to believe an aggressive team like Florida that likes to hit hasn’t committed a penalty yet.

Doesn't look like 2-0 penalty game. 

By the way, keep in mind the Panthers took the 2nd most penalties in the league this year and they are 3rd in the playoffs. We are halfway through the game on home ice and we haven't seen one yet, but they call that one on Roslovic.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

By the way, keep in mind the Panthers took the 2nd most penalties in the league this year and they are 3rd in the playoffs. We are halfway through the game on home ice and we haven't seen one yet, but they call that one on Roslovic.

Due for an even-up call, even if not flagrant.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I haven’t seen any FLA players take any penalties. Nothing even close. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s why that’s such a dumb penalty to call. Florida hasn’t done anything egregious yet but now you’ve set the bar that any meaningless infraction is a penalty 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, phillyb said:

I haven’t seen any FLA players take any penalties. Nothing even close. 

Me neither, but I didn't see Roslovic either and they called that. Hard to convince me that a team that took 5 penalties a game this year has been squeaky clean this long.

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

That Roslovic penalty killed all our momentum

Crowd is dead too. Fuck, need a big hit or something to spark the team and wake everyone up. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, phillyb said:

Heard the whistle. Didn’t hear the chant. Fuck the suits. 

meh, they've given them nothing to be fired up about since the puck drop. 8 shots in almost 2 full periods?

Maybe we’re just waiting until we get a power play, and are content to let the Panthers  cycle the puck in their offensive zone until then.  Need more effort and chances.