• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

1 minute ago, Dem said:

Big mistake not having the kid dressed tonight. I've seen exactly what we all saw coming a multiple concussed guy who's played one game in the last 60 or so was a poor decision

Sounds familiar like the last game when they won and moved on.

2 minutes ago, Dem said:

Big mistake not having the kid dressed tonight. I've seen exactly what we all saw coming a multiple concussed guy who's played one game in the last 60 or so was a poor decision

I hear you, I don't hate Chytil's play so far, but I was of the opinion that you start Rempe in Game 1 to see the tone of the series and then adapt from there. 

Just now, Karan said:

I hear you, I don't hate Chytil's play so far, but I was of the opinion that you start Rempe in Game 1 to see the tone of the series and then adapt from there. 

Argument can be made that a win sets the tone most of all, so you have to dress the lineup you think gives you the best chance to do that.

• Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1

One positive is that I haven't seen any Florida line be able to pin the Rangers in their zone for long stretches like the Guentzel line frequently did. They're looking better in this period so far, just gotta play their game as the chances are coming. 

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, Scott said:

Sounds familiar like the last game when they won and moved on.

Don't remember Chytle having a significant role in that.

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Myself as well said in the series thread dress him game 1and 2 at home when you can dictate the matchups. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

Oh you e got to be fucking kidding m, that is such a meaningless thing to both take and call a penalty on. Stupid by roslovic and just a soft call. Any time the head gets touched it’s a penalty? Come on. It’s a tap on the top of the helmet 

Edited by Valriera
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

As far as high sticking penalties go, that was one you certainly don't have to call in the playoffs

Always gotta be responsible for your shaft. 

• JIMMY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

As far as high sticking penalties go, that was one you certainly don't have to call in the playoffs

You really do not have to call that one. So meaningless until you call it, and now every tiny tap is an expectation. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I just said the same thing. It's a brain dead play that happens a thousand times during the regular season and never gets called. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Not saying our two penalties aren’t deserved, but it still looks we’re getting jobbed in our own building.  Hard to believe an aggressive team like Florida that likes to hit hasn’t committed a penalty yet.

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

I haven’t heard a single Potvin Sucks chant. Crowd is fuckin out of it. 

Fatso didn’t shake my hand. 

Crowd is likely 80% investment bankers n stock brokers who are casual observers. Who else can afford 1200-1500 for a pair of seats

• Keeps it 100 2