• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #6: Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes — Sponsored by Old Spice 24-hour Protection

1 minute ago, Karan said:

So what's going to be excuse...I guess the President's Trophy curse strikes again. Cause this team is showing no semblance of one that can fight back and win Game 7. 

It's the curse of the core of this roster since assembled. Need to get rid of the ballerinas, gliders n pussies w no heart off season. Party is over. 

We will need a miracle to win this this series. They look defeated. No heart w the exception of 4-5 players on this team

• Keeps it 100 1

The game didn’t start well, but it is going downhill since then. They’ll turn it around in the 3rd and advance to the ECF. Yes, I did say that with a straight face…. 😉

• Believe 1

i just keep going back to who is going to speak up in this locker room.  this franchise just coddles the shit out of its players.  no one ever seems uncomfortable.  no sense of urgency.

They are getting out hit too.  never thought carolina could do that to them but sevechnikov is running around unchecked out there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Choking a 3-0 series lead may just wipe out all the positives this season.

Not just this season but it's going to put a massive black cloud on this entire core that's likely going to be impossible to erase short of if/when they find a way to get the job done. It's likely to set back this team's entire Cup window for years to come. There's no way to overstate just how devastating an effect getting reverse swept is going to be for this organization. 

Edited by Karan
  • Keeps it 100 1

the Rangers look spent while the Canes are picking it up.

Lindgren - a defenseman - goes in alone and there wasn't another Ranger in sight

not sure what happened but Rangers are not playing like they can win.  

That's 2 games and 2 periods where the Rangers look like they are out of their league.

6 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Need to score early in 3rd and then they still have a chance.  If they don’t comeback I would seriously consider Jones for Gus and changing the lines a bit.  

I'd consider Jones for Gus, Jones for Miller, Jones for trouba 

7 minutes ago, Dem said:

It's the curse of the core of this roster since assembled. Need to get rid of the ballerinas, gliders n pussies w no heart off season. Party is over. 

We will need a miracle to win this this series. They look defeated. No heart w the exception of 4-5 players on this team

When your top scorer - Panarin - gets roughed up by an opponent - Burns - along the boards and no one steps in to protect him you know you have a problem.  But this has been the story all year long.  That is the value of Rempe on the bench and on the ice.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

i just keep going back to who is going to speak up in this locker room.  this franchise just coddles the shit out of its players.  no one ever seems uncomfortable.  no sense of urgency.

They are getting out hit too.  never thought carolina could do that to them but sevechnikov is running around unchecked out there.

Rangers are actually outhitting the Canes 22-12

Posted (edited)

The lineup is not the issue. The players getting outplayed are the issue, minus the bread line. It is not complicated and it’s happening throughout the whole team, and tonight, also in goal. You look squarely at line 1, d pairing 1, and down the lineup from there. They need to be better, they need to win their battles, they need to get to the front of the net. Not a complicated game

Edited by Valriera

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I guess we could put finally to rest the comparisons to '94.  '94 team didn't play shitty like this at any point in the playoffs.

Yeah, I agree. I hear other people say that and I got tired of it from years ago even though I’m a Knicks fan Patrick Ewing did it and it didn’t work and I’ve heard other people do it. It doesn’t work. Stop trying to be Mark Messier, just be yourself let’s go Rangers come on. I think they’re like five minutes away from taking this…

LGR!!!!