• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #4: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Rent Free & Cry Hard

Just now, Dem said:

Good job not dressing Rempe. Working out real well. Whistle in the pocket fem rangers repeatedly fouled. We have nothing. 

I like Rempe- but him on the ice it’s still 3-1. No jump at all. 

the good news is. The 2 goal lead is the worst in hockey. 

Just now, Blueshirts1926 said:

Same back at ya. They don't have it today it happens. They better adjust because Carolina coach just figured out how to stop our PP!

Smidge of an over reaction during the first period of a hockey game.

Stick with the game plan. They Re getting chances. Imagine Colorado gave up down 3-0 in game one of their series. This game is not over.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Same back at ya. They don't have it today it happens. They better adjust because Carolina coach just figured out how to stop our PP!

1 PP and they “figured it out” lol. GTFOH for real, what kind of fan gives up on their team this easily? This team can come back from anything and I don’t see why tonight would be any different. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Canes are playing for pride and out of desperation.  They lose this game they stay home to golf and Rangers get some rest again for next series.  BUT we are still fighting deamons from last year and there are 2 periods left.  Be interesting if Laviolette puts Quick in to give Igor some well derserved rest.  And, we have a better 3rd and 4th lines.

• Like 1

Just now, Dem said:

Well at least we have brodzinski who can be a complete non factor for 10-12 minutes. 

The only problem I have right now is that I think line 4 is probably not worth warm catspit with Brodzinski.

The Rangers would probably be better off putting Wennberg on line 4 between Goodrow and Vesey and moving Brodzinski up to line 3 between Cuylle and Kakko.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

I like Rempe- but him on the ice it’s still 3-1. No jump at all. 

the good news is. The 2 goal lead is the worst in hockey. 

And you know this how? I've not seen one game w them being physically bullied since he took the ice. We now have 2 in a row. Brodzinski is really making an impact. Chytle as well???

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Rangers played like someone told them

they already swept the canes. 

win 2 periods and win this game. 

In my head Laviolette is throwing shit in that locker room.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Sitting Rempe for a concussed Chytil and now Brodzinski....good calls coach.  One of the few players you have on the team that can change the momentum of any game with 1 shift is watching from the press box. But maybe Brodzinski will be that spark?  LOL.   

Edited by delneggs
spelling
  • Keeps it 100 2

I’m ok with being upset about Brodzinski over Rempe, and I said as much in the Rempe thread, but pretending that is why that first period happened the way it did is really just flat out inaccurate.

The Rangers got overwhelmed by a hungrier team that is forcing players not named Brodzinski to make mistakes. That’s it.

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

5 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Igor also not the Igor from games 1 thru 3 

You might be right, it’s too early to say….

The first goal was on him, but the other two was on the D. They can’t leave the ‘Canes that open in front of the net.

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Omg stop with the Rempe shit, this has nothing to do with it, stop the insanity already

I get where you're coming from but a huge hit or fight can absolutely change the trajectory of a game and that isn't happening without our ogre.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Well, last game we felt lucky to get out of the first period only down by a goal. This is what it looks like when the bounces don't go your way in the same scenario. Just gotta dig deep. We were slow to start last game too but picked it up in the second. 

• Like 1