• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #3: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Hard With a Vengeance

vally's on point in the post game.  the canes shooting from the perimeter so often is almost gold for igor.  gets to see nice clean shots which puts him right on his game.

also pointed out zero adjustments for the canes.  feels like we're facing AV a bit.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Huh, Kreids just saying how amazing it was to have Chytil back.  

Vally also mentioned how his return energized the team. Go figure.

Edited by Scott
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 2

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

All the canes fans on Reddit complaining that the goal was a lucky bounce. Fuckiing idiots haven’t ever seen a deflection 

A few of their goals this series have been fortunate bounces. They are buffoons.

2 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

vally's on point in the post game.  the canes shooting from the perimeter so often is almost gold for igor.  gets to see nice clean shots which puts him right on his game.

also pointed out zero adjustments for the canes.  feels like we're facing AV a bit.

Or GG. Or Quinn….

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Another reason why I loved the Laviolette hire. He's the perfect coach for this group.

This team is different. I’m so glad I was mistaken about not playing Rempe. I’m thinking you don’t fuck with a winning streak when they were down early in. This Rangers team showed me again why they are the best in hockey. Rangers please keep proving the Vegas line experts wrong. 
Great NHL teams do the following:

1. Come from behind to win. 
2. Great goaltending. 
3. Numerous guys can score. 
4. Depth 

5. Veterans step up in key moments

6. Have an enforcer just Incase….

7. Great coach and assistants who know how to get the absolute best out of each player. 
8. GM knows who to plug into the team without distorting the chemistry. 
9. Fans that will root for you through thick and thin. 
God Bless the 2023-2024 New York Rangers. 
LGR! 

• Believe 6

this couldve been the rangers most impressive game of the season for me.   this was a game the canes shouldve been dominating throughout, and the rangers just patiently stuck with it, grinded and let the momentum shift back in their direction.

only caveat is that they couldnt close it out on the pp with 10 min left, or take a shot for the empty net before the canes tied it up. that was a bit frustrating.

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

this couldve been the rangers most impressive game of the season for me.   this was a game the canes shouldve been dominating throughout, and the rangers just patiently stuck with it, grinded and let the momentum shift back in their direction.

only caveat is that they couldnt close it out on the pp with 10 min left, or take a shot for the empty net before the canes tied it up. that was a bit frustrating.

A little frustrating, yes. But, it took kind of a broken play for them to tie it. The Rangers did a good job playing right there with them most of the game.

2 hours ago, Dem said:

Not fatalistic just angry because you scrambled 2 lines who are currently playing ineffective to insert a mediocre player who is rightfully scared of contact.

They've won 20 of 23 games w the prior line combos. Why would you fuck w that??

I didn't mean to dismiss your argument out of hand. This was always going to happen at some point. I really do think that the pressure the Canes were under to win was going to naturally tamp down shenanigans. That and the need for fresh legs (that Lav trusted) made this as good a time as any. I could see him coming back early in a FLA series (should NYR make it there) and continue to provide usefulness, but we needed different tools tonight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Chytil almost made Laviolette look like a genius. Perhaps he kind of did anyway.

Playing Chytil was like throwing the car into 6th gear. Thought we were maxed in 5th and all of the sudden, we have another scoring threat. This run has been amazing.