• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #3: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Hard With a Vengeance

Survive the initial push (which I expect to be fierce) then silence the crowd with a goal.

The team and their fan base are all phonies.  Let them whine all day long about the Rangers diving and how the refs are in cahoots with the NHL to ensure that NY wins.  All the while conveniently failing to notice their team has had ten power plays through the first two games and we have had just nine.  Some tilt on the playing field right there.

This was the year that they were supposed reach the finals or even win it all.  The sexy darlings of the analysts and the Vegas oddsmakers.... Well if they get bounced early again this year I think someone needs to ask some serious questions about why their regular season dominance seems to translate into post-season failures every year.  At some point the patterns becomes undeniable.

I think the new Utah franchise will be looking for a head coach to set a tone with that franchise and I expect that Rod the Bod might be at the top of their grocery list.

Time to "Igor!, Igor!" them out of their own building

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not really feeling like there's any type of bias that a lot of you guys are talking about. 

Let's be honest, does ESPN really want a Carolina / Dallas final? Of course not. 

What they should be hoping for is Vancouver / New York.

HEY!!!!!!!!! Do you know the last time those 2 cities met in a championship????? 1994!!!!!

No, I agree. I don’t feel bias. I’ve never been a Ferraro guy. But that’s just me. To each their own. I see everyone whining about Sean McDonough not being more animated and being too monotone. But thats not a Ranger thing; that’s just a people complaining to complain. I personally couldn’t care less if he whispered into the microphone when the Rangers score or do anything.

Edited by RichieNextel305

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not really feeling like there's any type of bias that a lot of you guys are talking about. 

Let's be honest, does ESPN really want a Carolina / Dallas final? Of course not. 

What they should be hoping for is Vancouver / New York.

Market-wise, they probably want DAL-NYR or COL-NYR.

New York is the number one television market in the U.S. Dallas-Forth Worth is fifth. Denver is 17th. Vancouver is third largest in Canada, but I'm not sure how much that maps to U.S. numbers.

• Like 1

The amount of times that the 2 best teams in the league, from each conferences, meet up in a Cup Final is probably so much smaller than any of us can imagine. But Rangers-Dallas or even Rangers-Colorado is what I imagine the US Market would want most.

Or even Boston. But fuck them.

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Market-wise, they probably want DAL-NYR or COL-NYR.

New York is the number one television market in the U.S. Dallas-Forth Worth is fifth. Denver is 17th. Vancouver is third largest in Canada, but I'm not sure how much that maps to U.S. numbers.

The NHL will want a Canadian team and they will be hard into nostalgia. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

The NHL will want a Canadian team and they will be hard into nostalgia. 

Probably want Colorado to keep pimping "Saving Sakic". Else, the Edmonton or Vancouver narratives will ring out hard. 

Rk Date G Age Tm   Opp   DEC GA SA SV SV% SO PIM TOI
1 2022-05-04 1 22-313 CAR   BOS W W 2 32 30 .938 0 2 52:05
2 2022-05-06 2 22-315 CAR @ BOS L L 4 28 24 .857 0 0 56:49
3 2022-05-28 3 22-337 CAR @ NYR L   2 12 10 .833 0 0 36:36
4 2022-05-30 4 22-339 CAR   NYR L L 3 12 9 .750 0 0 24:04
5 2023-05-07 5 23-316 CAR @ NJD L L 4 22 18 .818 0 0 39:

Pytor's playoff game log.

doesn't phase me one bit

53 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Wow.

No backup goalie nonsense; step on their throats in front of at least 24% Rangers fans down there.

21 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Part of me wants to LOL since Andersen hasn't been the problem at all. But the other part of me just got scary Akira Schmid "Rangers face world-beater backups" vibes. 😬

Maybe this kid blinks just one game.  And poof we're up 3 - 0 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

This makes me so happy. 

That we could finally stop talking about Rempe playing. 

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Chytil needs to get hit few times during practice to see how he holds up.  any opposing team will go after him cause he's a low hanging fruit.  

Disagree on testing him.  If he gets hit in game he gets hit in game.  Any hit could retire him so hitting him in practice would be just insane.

• Bullseye 1