• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF: Bruins vs. Maple Leafs

Who wins  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2024 at 01:09 AM

It was either going to be another first round bomb for Toronto, or Boston blowing a 3-1 series lead in back to back years. lol At least Toronto can't say they lost because Woll didn't play. Very interested to see the fallout from this is, though.

Great Game 7. That was a helluva play and move. Hats off to Pastrnak.

With that said, Toronto was destined to fail. Every bad thing that could happen, did.

Pastrnak told Marner they will try to bring him to Boston for next year.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

He and McDonough are one of the worst duos of hockey announcers I have ever heard.

I've seen McDonough's name included in this so many times, but I've never really had a problem. Anything specific? Clue me in lol

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I've seen McDonough's name included in this so many times, but I've never really had a problem. Anything specific? Clue me in lol

He's just very droning and boring and comes off as a major douchebag who sounds like he doesn't want to be there. Plus, he hates the Rangers, so fuck him anyway.

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

23 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Great Game 7. That was a helluva play and move. Hats off to Pastrnak.

With that said, Toronto was destined to fail. Every bad thing that could happen, did.

Pastrnak told Marner they will try to bring him to Boston for next year.

Injuries to Nylander, Matthews and then Woll at the most crucial of times after stealing 2 games. Some terrible coaching decisions by Keefe. Marner and Tavares combine for only 5 pts. Honestly, it's a miracle that the Leafs even took this series to Game 7 OT. If anything, that's also a reflection of just how weak Boston is and somehow managed to squeak out a win and luck into Round 2 thanks to Rielly napping on that OT winner.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He's just very droning and boring and comes off as a major douchebag who sounds like he doesn't want to be there. Plus, he hates the Rangers, so fuck him anyway.

Exactly. It's obvious hockey is not his first choice.

Edited by Abe Froman

I don't think Keefe is very good, but a lot of bad luck for Toronto here which I could see saving his job. Personally, that wouldn’t affect my decision, but he's probably coming back anyway just because.

38 minutes ago, siddious said:

Boston is going to get swept lol 

The animal spirits are going to be running high for the Bruins after the game 7 win and their success against the Panthers this season.

I think they are going to have to come out fast and score a couple of goals early in the first two games.  If they can do that this series is Boston's to win.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

I'd have been ok with this ending either way.  I think Boston has better chances against Florida.

Same.  Boston blowing back to back first round series' leads or Toronto another 1st round exit is comedic gold either way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The animal spirits are going to be running high for the Bruins after the game 7 win and their success against the Panthers this season.

I think they are going to have to come out fast and score a couple of goals early in the first two games.  If they can do that this series is Boston's to win.

I don’t think they have a chance but I also bet $5 that Toronto was gonna win last night so you know… 

I have to admit, I laughed my ass off last night watching the Leafs lose this one.  OT losses in Game 7's are downright painful, and I just can't wait to hear from all the "Bissonette's" of the world after yet another 1st round ouster!

Listen...I'm no Bruins fan, and they're most likely going down in 5 against a really tough Florida team, but last night's loss was just lovely to watch.

Go Leafs Go!!!  LOL

Happy Cracking Up GIF by ZDF heute-show

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Br4d said:

Boston has no offensive depth especially when you compare against a team like Florida. After Marchand and Pastrnak (and maybe Debrusk), the dropoff is massive. They're just lucky they didn't need to score a ton of goals to win this series thanks to the Leafs offense choking. Boston's inflated record thanks to all the loser points and elite goaltending is going to become glaringly obvious against Florida. I expect it to be a pretty short series, they might win one game at best.

Edited by Karan

40 minutes ago, Karan said:

Boston has no offensive depth especially when you compare against a team like Florida. After Marchand and Pastrnak (and maybe Debrusk), the dropoff is massive. They're just lucky they didn't need to score a ton of goals to win this series thanks to the Leafs offense choking. Boston's inflated record thanks to all the loser points and elite goaltending is going to become glaringly obvious against Florida. I expect it to be a pretty short series, they might win one game at best.

Boston scored one less goal than Florida this season.  The Bruins got the better of them in the season series.

I'd be really surprised if the feeling in the Bruins locker room wasn't something along the lines of "we'll get them in 6, maybe 5."

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Boston scored one less goal than Florida this season.  The Bruins got the better of them in the season series.

I'd be really surprised if the feeling in the Bruins locker room wasn't something along the lines of "we'll get them in 6, maybe 5."

Playoffs are a different story from the regular season. Just ask the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I'm sure the Bruins are feeling a bit of confidence although I'm sure they know the reality which is their Game 7 win wasn't the most confidence inspiring performance. In the meantime they can dream all they want but pretty sure they'll be getting hit with a stiff reality check in Games 1/2.