• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#81) Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Revenge Is a Dish Best Served at 12:30pm, Nationally

15 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I spell Rempe L-a-f-r-e-n-i-e-r-e.  🙂

The kid has not played in 5 days since last Sunday night against the Canadiens and to ask him to step up on a stage like this one was asking a lot of him…Overall I thought Rempe did well for his time on the ice  ../ he was on the line for one of those goals against the Rangers but he wasn’t responsible for it…he did take some faceoffs… notice how the islanders did not pull any cheap shit, after the play is over nonsense throughout the game.. yeah some hits, shoving bullshit but nothing serious … like the flyers did Thursday night several times  … because I truly believe having Rempe in the lineup alters that crap… 

Edited by RangersLEETCH
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

19 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The save Shesterkin made on the delayed penalty on Lindgren may have saved the season.  

Save the season of a team who clinched the playoff birth weeks ago, has been in first place almost all season, playing out the string?

Stahp. 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lots of questionable decisions made with the puck in that OT. Panarins giveaway the least of them. The fuck are these guys thinking with not getting the puck out of their own zone when they clearly have possession and need it out?

yea, the one that was a blind backhand cross ice pass that led to the islanders best OT chance was definitely the least of them :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

18 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Isles were ringing posts and dominated the 3rd period.

Panarin clutched it on the PP. Igor with several big saves. Special teams and goaltending. The recipe for success for the Rangers.

Game Over No GIF by CBC

Panarin was even strength. 

Anyone else notice that when Panarin fucks up, whether it be a bad penalty or something that hangs his goalie out to dry, he takes it to heart and makes up for it? 

After that penalty shot, Panarin was all over the ice and was a difference maker. Take note. He does this a lot. Today his effort resulted in a goal. Guys a team player and eats up all of his own faults by paying it back with his play. 

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Lindgren was called for a trip, great save by Igor

Box scores were a mess. Yes that and Panarin with the PS interference. It wasn't on the site I was looking at earlier. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Game Over No GIF by CBC

Panarin was even strength. 

Anyone else notice that when Panarin fucks up, whether it be a bad penalty or something that hangs his goalie out to dry, he takes it to heart and makes up for it? 

After that penalty shot, Panarin was all over the ice and was a difference maker. Take note. He does this a lot. Today his effort resulted in a goal. Guys a team player and eats up all of his own faults by paying it back with his play. 

Yeah I was outside with the kids and had the game on my phone, but missed the goal initially. I caught the replay, and I thought they had a PP or goalie was pulled from listening to the announcers. Sue me!

34 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah I was outside with the kids and had the game on my phone, but missed the goal initially. I caught the replay, and I thought they had a PP or goalie was pulled from listening to the announcers. Sue me!

Season 2 Lawyer GIF by Martin

Gotta defend the team from the "Rangers solely rely on the same formula as the last 3 seasons" police. 

Sorry. Felt like thats where you were trying to take it after a big come from behind win with Panarin briefly putting the team on hus back again. Your "meh" attitude towards Panarin doesn't reflect good intent from your statement. 

In your defense. Some boxscores had it listed as a PP goal. 

Edited by The Dude

31 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

yea, the one that was a blind backhand cross ice pass that led to the islanders best OT chance was definitely the least of them :classic_rolleyes:

Nothing was questionable on that. You could see what he was trying to do and that he flubbed the puck.

Read what I fucking said. Questionable decisions. 

Meaning curling back at your own blue line on 2-3 different occasions  before clearing the zone on a long shift of 3 on 3,  non stop pressure, trapping your team in the zone instead of making a change or getting it to a safer spot to reset. 

You know...Questionable decisions. Like the one your parents made in having you.

Edited by The Dude

The only similarities between this team and the last two seasons are that they have a great goalie and special teams. 

The last two seasons they needed all three of them clicking at the same time if they even wanted to sniff a win. 

That's certainly not the case this season, as has already been said. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Guys. Most points in franchise history. Kind of a big deal.  Anyone still calling this luck is really just trying to be a stick in the mud and ruffle some feathers. 

Tied for 2nd most IIRC.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Guys. Most points in franchise history. Kind of a big deal.  Anyone still calling this luck is really just trying to be a stick in the mud and ruffle some feathers. 

Most points in loser point shootout era (since 2005) is significant, but calling it the most points in team history is misleading.  

Please take care of business with Ottawa and play Pitts or Wash rather than TB or Elmont.

• Bullseye 1

31 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Most points in loser point shootout era (since 2005) is significant, but calling it the most points in team history is misleading.  

Please take care of business with Ottawa and play Pitts or Wash rather than TB or Elmont.

And have home advantage throughout.

31 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

And have home advantage throughout.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Nothing was questionable on that. You could see what he was trying to do and that he flubbed the puck.

Read what I fucking said. Questionable decisions. 

Meaning curling back at your own blue line on 2-3 different occasions  before clearing the zone on a long shift of 3 on 3,  non stop pressure, trapping your team in the zone instead of making a change or getting it to a safer spot to reset. 

You know...Questionable decisions. Like the one your parents made in having you.

The word questionable has nothing to do with that play.  He made a terrible decision that almost lost the game twice if not for Shesterkin but we should just forget all that because he takes it personal and scored a goal.  How about not making those terrible plays to begin with?

I think it’s comical how I’m so in your head that you attack me and now my parents.  What’s even more comical is that you’re a joke here and clueless about it.

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Consider yourself sued 🙂

Closing out the season clinching the one seed and the President's Trophy at home, would be pretty great. Start Shesterkin again and hope he can really get onto a roll going into the playoffs after today's excellent performance.