• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren to Miss 'a Few Weeks;' Rangers Recall Brandon Scanlin From HFD

What a relief both for us as fans but more importantly for him as a player!  Lindy is such a warrior if anyone can come back sooner than expected I’d suspect it will be him!

• LINDY! 2

I wonder how this will affect his new contract?  I mean, the guy takes punishment and keeps surprising everyone, but the mileage he is enduring so early in his career is concerning.   I'd guess the team doesn't want to go more than 5 years with his style of play, but this guy gives you everything he's got every night.  Would like 20 guys with his toughness.

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

That is incredible news.  Was fearing the worst. 

43 minutes ago, JHS said:

What a relief both for us as fans but more importantly for him as a player!  Lindy is such a warrior if anyone can come back sooner than expected I’d suspect it will be him!

19 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Better news than expected.  He’s going to be needed in the playoffs

16 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Wow 

More like "whew"!  LOL

Great news!  He can use a little rest before we kick it in the playoffs!    The WARRIOR lives!!

Ultimate Warrior Rip GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

• LINDY! 2

1 hour ago, deejaid said:

I wonder how this will affect his new contract?  I mean, the guy takes punishment and keeps surprising everyone, but the mileage he is enduring so early in his career is concerning.   I'd guess the team doesn't want to go more than 5 years with his style of play, but this guy gives you everything he's got every night.  Would like 20 guys with his toughness.

I don't worry about his durability. Not counting three games for COVID, he's only missed 26 in his career before this injury. 

NYR Doctors have reported, “Ryan’s leg bent like Gumby but that wasn’t the entire story. One of his steel balls was severed from Ryan’s iron scrotum and we are searching junkyards in the tri-state region for another matched pair. Once procured we’ll tig-weld the giant nutsack closed and he’ll be good as new.”

• LMFAO 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Well if he was dealing with anything else, it should be resolved by the playoffs.  Same with Trouba.  Lingering injuries are tough so this could be a good thing…kinda?  Idk just looking for silver lining

I think you have a good point.  If ever there was a "well-timed" injury, now is that time.  We're pretty much a lock for the playoffs, we know who Lindgren is, and we know where he plays and who he's good with.

This is a chance for a few things:

• We get to see how other pairings work with one another
  • We also get to see guys like Ruhweedle get a chance...who knows? We might stumble into something that just fits
  • Zac gets more time to play and get his reps
  • Lindgren gets a needed break before we head into the playoffs...he can probably use it!
  • Like 1