• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #67] Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — Visiting the Elderly

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Against the ‘Canes they’ve been pretty good….

They've given up 10 goals in under 6 periods against a good team and a shit team while having top goaltending. They were good against the canes and for a stretch but this is utter dreck and very concerning w the playoffs around the corner

The more concerning long term issue is the front of the opponent’s net…Rangers don’t seem to recover many rebounds…as a result, they look for the perfect play to score on instead of throwing pucks in front and fighting for rebounds…All the other stuff is something you can watch on tape and figure out…can’t teach guys how to fight for pucks in front…

Just now, Dem said:

They've given up 10 goals in under 6 periods against a good team and a shit team while having top goaltending. They were good against the canes and for a stretch but this is utter dreck and very concerning w the playoffs around the corner

I think it’s mostly fatigue and missing Trouba today.  

Rangers are probably going to get the win but I hate how we are playing the third.  Penguins are forcing turnovers, lifting sticks, and getting odd man rushes. Not what you want to see with a multi goal lead in the third.

2 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

The more concerning long term issue is the front of the opponent’s net…Rangers don’t seem to recover many rebounds…as a result, they look for the perfect play to score on instead of throwing pucks in front and fighting for rebounds…All the other stuff is something you can watch on tape and figure out…can’t teach guys how to fight for pucks in front…

That’s just the ebb and flow of the season…

3 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

I'd put them on the same level but I'll def grant you that your issue is more consistent

5 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

That’s not why they look for the perfect play, it’s just who they are.  This team has always looked for the perfect play for years, it has nothing to do with recovering pucks infront of the net.

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

maybe, just maybe other things are scheduled as well

No… it’s TV network money, my friend.  Think if you bought a ticket you’re going to see your team at its best?  Not the place to discuss this, but i’d shorten the regular season by 5 games and make all playoff series 7 games.  But that’s just me.

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

No… it’s TV network money, my friend.  Think if you bought a ticket you’re going to see your team at its best?  Not the place to discuss this, but i’d shorten the regular season by 5 games and make all playoff series 7 games.  But that’s just me.

I would wager MSG has an event in the evening