• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Chad Ruhwedel From Penguins for a 2027 4th Round Pick

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Rangers Acquire Chad Ruhwedel From Penguins for a 2027 4th Round Pick
Just now, LindG1000 said:

Not sure if this is a "bad news, Zac Jones" move or a "hey, Hartford, we found you a guy" move.

My hope is Jones is part of a deal so they need to replace him first.

Jones SHOULD be traded anyway he is wasting away here and he has value.

• Bullseye 1

Even if Robertson is bad, there's more value in at least finding that out for sure, in the event someone is needed.

A 4th for a below replacement level guy, who is old... I don't get it. Just feels like they lit a decent draft pick on fire.

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Trading a 4th rounder (even if it’s 3 years from now) for a Hartford guy would be stupid.

Feels like Jones is on the move and Drury/Lavi wants a veteran 7th D (even tho he sucks).

Just now, Dunny said:

Even if Robertson is bad, there's more value in at least finding that out for sure, in the event someone is needed.

A 4th for a below replacement level guy, who is old... I don't get it. Just feels like they lit a decent draft pick on fire.

He kinda...may not?

Edited by Pete

Wait?!  Trouba was held out of practice for an LBI?

Maybe Chris Drury at this very moment is getting bent over his desk by an enraged Jacob Trouba who is trying to figure out how to tell Dr. Trouba he just got traded to Minnesota?

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Wait?!  Trouba was held out of practice for an LBI?

Maybe Chris Drury at this very moment is getting bent over his desk by an enraged Jacob Trouba who is trying to figure out how to tell Dr. Trouba he just got traded to Minnesota?

Most likely it’s Trouba getting bent over by Dr. Trouba for getting traded to Minnesota 

Edited by Rangers
  • LOL 1

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

7th D man just in case with experience.  Expect Jones to be headed somewhere soon

Probably in the works right now...I'm thinking 1st rounder, Jones and something else not named Kakko, Othmann, or Perrault

Just now, Rangers said:

Most likely it’s Troubadour getting bent over by Dr. Trouba for getting traded to Minnesota 

"Baby, we'll make it work.  Just gotta get the Mayo Clinic interested in a trade now."

• LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Probably in the works right now...I'm thinking 1st rounder, Jones and something else not named Kakko, Othmann, or Perrault

I would try to keep the #1 and offer Jones, Sykora and Robertson.  All 3 of them have no future with the Rangers anyway 

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would try to keep the #1 and offer Jones, Sykora and Robertson.  All 3 of them have no future with the Rangers anyway 

Depends on who we're going for, Robbie.  That 1st is a pretty good chip.  I just have a feeling we're going to get someone we never even spoke about up here...like a surprise kind of trade out of the blue.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Depends on who we're going for, Robbie.  That 1st is a pretty good chip.  I just have a feeling we're going to get someone we never even spoke about up here...like a surprise kind of trade out of the blue.

They might not have a choice but to include the #1 but I would still make the attempt not to trade it.  Still think Vatrano is who we end up with.  Just over 2 hrs left

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

He kinda...may not?

Well look at that. Can’t really say I’ve noticed him much when I’ve seen him play so I’ll trust the stats on this one. I also think Drury has been right more often than wrong when it comes to these types of trades/signings, so I’ll trust him on this one.

And Yeah, Chad is a great name.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well look at that. Can’t really say I’ve noticed him much when I’ve seen him play so I’ll trust the stats on this one. I also think Drury has been right more often than wrong when it comes to these types of trades/signings, so I’ll trust him on this one.

And Yeah, Chad is a great name.

Yea, I never heard of this guy in my life, but they said on Trade Center he won a Cup? No idea.