• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rempe Not Expected to Have Hearing for Bastian Hit

Phil

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think the league is instinctively blind to hits to the head. I get that they’re serious but sometimes they’re accidental, sometimes they’re unavoidable, sometimes they’re on purpose. The ones that need to go on the predatory ones, done with purpose. If a guy has a size mismatch with another guy and there’s contact accidentally or because of the size difference, that isn’t on that player. It wasn’t done with intent to drill him in the head. He was certainly looking to lay a hit on him. The ones that are done with intent or are done when it could be avoided are what need to go. I don’t see this is one of those. And that’s not said with blinders on.

you're such a homer, Richie....lol

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think the league is instinctively blind to hits to the head. I get that they’re serious but sometimes they’re accidental, sometimes they’re unavoidable, sometimes they’re on purpose. The ones that need to go on the predatory ones, done with purpose. If a guy has a size mismatch with another guy and there’s contact accidentally or because of the size difference, that isn’t on that player. It wasn’t done with intent to drill him in the head. He was certainly looking to lay a hit on him. The ones that are done with intent or are done when it could be avoided are what need to go. I don’t see this is one of those. And that’s not said with blinders on.

I agree with what you're saying here but the real problem is the guy(s) in the department of safety that make these calls because they are not consistent at all.  I remember not to long ago, Tom Wilson punching Buchnevich in the head while he was flat on the ice and then when Panarin tried to stop him, Wilson grabbed him by the hair and smashed his head into the ice and he got a small fine.  The league needs some real consistency with this stuff.  

Edited by delneggs
spelling

Normally at that point of defenseman would be pinching in as well, so Bastian should expect contact there and at real speed Rempe couldn't avoid it anyway. Where was he supposed to go? And the boards are on his right and his teammate is on his left. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Normally at that point of defenseman would be pinching in as well, so Bastian should expect contact there and at real speed Rempe couldn't avoid it anyway. Where was he supposed to go? And the boards are on his right and his teammate is on his left. 

actually this is even worse than an open ice hit.  Bastian had no way to avoid the contact and nowhere to go unless he ducked.  

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

actually this is even worse than an open ice hit.  Bastian had no way to avoid the contact and nowhere to go unless he ducked.  

I'm not talking about Bastian, I'm talking about Rempe. That hit was unavoidable. He was already committed to the hit when Bastian put his head down. 

On the other hand Bastian should have expected contact there from a pinching defenseman. 

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Yep. Sometimes you have to eat a hit to make a play. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not that I prefer him, It's just that when we spar it's more of a challenge, with you I feel like I'm kicking a handicap person. 

With your personality you’d have no issues with kicking a handicap person.  But you will always have @Ozzy’s love. 💕 

22 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

With your personality you’d have no issues with kicking a handicap person.  

When it's you, sure. 

But you will always have @Ozzy’s love.  

And that's enough for me. 

• Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1