• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#57) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Paying to See Hughes Lose

Phil

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Body position is key. It’s one thing for a moving player to be skating up or cross ice with his head down, and get blasted with  some unintentional head contact because it’s a moving target. We see that a lot with Trouba, and I defend it because it deserves to be defended. In this case, Bastian is not changing body posture much and he’s allowed to have his head down along the boards without his head getting directly blasted.

Rempe’s form was textbook. Elbows down, and he didn’t elevate. He’s just going to have to learn how to play within the line, especially given his size. I love this guy though. Feels good to have someone willing to push the envelope as cleanly as possible.

He's such a big dude, that his elbows are almost eye level with an opponent.  The kid can skate well too, which makes him like a heat seeking missile atomic bomb!

Probably a good guy to have around to play out the rest of the schedule, but I think @Pete's right.  He's probably going to head back down to get more reps in Hartford.  Especially since a trade is forthcoming.

I sure as hell have no reservation about keeping him up here though!  The kid can play, and seems fairly responsible defensively, from what little I've seen of him.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Trouba's hit last night on Bastian was classic!  ...Kinda looked like Pronger in his hey-day!

Amazing hit. I hate that Trouba gets $8M but he's basically a unicorn defenseman in the league at this point. I don't know how much of a premium he should be getting paid for it, probably not quite as much as the Rangers are paying, but I do think he deserves to get paid a premium. Just like Tom "only scored 50 points once in his career and never scored 25 goals" Wilson getting 6.5 for 7 years.

• TroCheckmark 1

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Amazing hit. I hate that Trouba gets $8M but he's basically a unicorn defenseman in the league at this point. I don't know how much of a premium he should be getting paid for it, probably not quite as much as the Rangers are paying, but I do think he deserves to get paid a premium. Just like Tom "only scored 50 points once in his career and never scored 25 goals" Wilson getting 6.5 for 7 years.

I feel like Trouba and Kreider could be on the same contract.

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He's such a big dude, that his elbows are almost eye level with an opponent.  The kid can skate well too, which makes him like a heat seeking missile atomic bomb!

Probably a good guy to have around to play out the rest of the schedule, but I think @Pete's right.  He's probably going to head back down to get more reps in Hartford.  Especially since a trade is forthcoming.

I sure as hell have no reservation about keeping him up here though!  The kid can play, and seems fairly responsible defensively, from what little I've seen of him.

Last night’s victory against the devils was like moving your bowels after being constipated for days. The release last night was tremendous! 
LGR!! 
Ranger Ed 

• LMFAO 1

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'll be sad to see him sent down, but I agree, he's going to be the odd man out for sure if they bring someone in.

These guys from the A are hungry, mostly young (sorry Brod!), getting the job done, and bringing something that the team needed more of. Effort, hard work, physicality, and not completely devoid of hockey ability. Things that matter even more in the playoffs. Someone said it last night, but there's been a noticeable uptick across the board in those categories since Edstrom and Rempe both came up. Watching all of the physical liberties the Rangers took on the Devils last night, I honestly have a tough time recalling the last time I've seen it, or if I've ever seen it out of the Rangers in my lifetime. These rentals I keep reading about might be better players in a vacuum, but I'm not necessarily sure they are better fits than what the team already has. Is a Vatrano really that much better than Vesey on the Zib line, that you put him there, move Vesey back down, and cut that kind of size and energy out of your lineup? It should be an interesting couple of weeks leading up to the deadline. Sometimes less is more.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1

32 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'll be sad to see him sent down, but I agree, he's going to be the odd man out for sure if they bring someone in.

These guys from the A are hungry, mostly young (sorry Brod!), getting the job done, and bringing something that the team needed more of. Effort, hard work, physicality, and not completely devoid of hockey ability. Things that matter even more in the playoffs. Someone said it last night, but there's been a noticeable uptick across the board in those categories since Edstrom and Rempe both came up. Watching all of the physical liberties the Rangers took on the Devils last night, I honestly have a tough time recalling the last time I've seen it, or if I've ever seen it out of the Rangers in my lifetime. These rentals I keep reading about might be better players in a vacuum, but I'm not necessarily sure they are better fits than what the team already has. Is a Vatrano really that much better than Vesey on the Zib line, that you put him there, move Vesey back down, and cut that kind of size and energy out of your lineup? It should be an interesting couple of weeks leading up to the deadline. Sometimes less is more.

Family Love GIF by J.B. Kinard

36 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm starting to think very much the same way.  For the first time I can remember, we've found solutions from within!  Players that can fit the style of the coach and the system.

These kids might be a little young, or it may be "too soon" for some, but if we're going to bring in anyone that moves the needle, they have a helluva task to uphold.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm starting to think very much the same way.  For the first time I can remember, we've found solutions from within!  Players that can fit the style of the coach and the system.

These kids might be a little young, or it may be "too soon" for some, but if we're going to bring in anyone that moves the needle, they have a helluva task to uphold.

You gotta love what these kids in the system represent for our future, seeing some very positive styles shining through.

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#57) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Paying to See Hughes Lose